Competitions Round 1 Lineup vs Fremantle - CLOSING TONIGHT!! 9.00pm. GET YOUR FINAL TEAMS IN BY THEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone BIG with Roberts, hamling, Adams, morris, redpath, Boyd and minson. Interesting. Oh, and Wallis twice and no Libba.

Freo are big so we need to match that IMO and Adams and Redpath can both move well.

Sorry type on Wallis 2 times should have been Libba

hmmm - I can't get the team right on a weekly basis through the season

anyways

FB: Morris Hamling Wood
HB: M Boyd Adams Murphy
C: Macrae Liberatore Hunter
HF: Wallis Stringer Dickson
FF: McLean Redpath Roughead
R: Minson Bontempelli Dahlhaus
I: Picken Stevens Johannisen Suckling
Like this team a lot, not sure how we'll go come round one but I'm hearing that Adams is impressing......

Not sure why we are worrying about Freos size. Their midfielders are big and mature but their KPP are not great.
IF we stop Hill & Bennell, then we should win. Fyfe is likely to be not at full fitness, so more worried about their two speed merchants. Rather a mobile team with more mediums.

Boyd Roberts Morris
Wood Hamling Murphy
JJ Wallis Macrae
Hunter Redpath Dickson
Dalhaus Boyd Stringer

Campbell Bont Libba

Suckling, Picken, McLean, Roughead.

Would like to swap Stevens with McLean but I think McLean offers the X factor. Ruckman is the hardest to choose. Really is a toss of a coin. I want hunter on the wing so he will need to rotate but thought he deserved his spot in 18 ahead of McLean. Libba means Picken is on the bench.

B- Morris Collins Biggs
HB- Wood Adams Murphy
C- Macrae Wallis Hunter
HF- Adcock Hamling Suckling
F- Dickson Redpath Stringer

R- Jong
RR- Bontempelli
RO- Liberatore

INT- Dahlhaus, Picken, Boyd, Roughead.

EMER- Johannisen, Stevens, Campbell.

Three hit up or leading forwards, no static. Compress the midfield
to meet pressure, beware Danyle Pearce the leading inside 50
ranked player in the AFL. As ugly as it is keep the scoring low and
back your hit up forwards to do the job.

B- Morris Collins Biggs
HB- Wood Adams Murphy
C- Macrae Wallis Hunter
HF- Adcock Hamling Suckling
F- Dickson Redpath Stringer

R- Jong
RR- Bontempelli
RO- Liberatore

INT- Dahlhaus, Picken, Boyd, Roughead.

EMER- Johannisen, Stevens, Campbell.

Three hit up or leading forwards, no static. Compress the midfield
to meet pressure, beware Danyle Pearce the leading inside 50
ranked player in the AFL. As ugly as it is keep the scoring low and
back your hit up forwards to do the job.

Sorry mate but that team is awful is if a joke?

Kids in key back possies and completely unbalanced IMO

Jong in the ruck???

If Jong is playing round 1 we are in for a long year

Sorry mate but that team is awful is if a joke?

Kids in key back possies and completely unbalanced IMO

Jong in the ruck???

If Jong is playing round 1 we are in for a long year
That hurts me deeply MD and to think i voted for you for Poster of the Year.
Four KPD in the team Collins, Adams, Hamling and Roughead plus Morris how
many do you want. Jong does the early work giving us an extra mid and
Roughy comes in late to exploit a tiring Sandilands. Get on the front foot
and set the trends as Freo has a 7 to 3 win loss ratio against us in the last
ten games.

FB: Morris Adams Wood
HB: Murphy Hamling M. Boyd
C: Macrae Wallis Johannisen
HF: Suckling Stringer Hunter
FF: Dickson Roughead Dahlhaus
R: Minson Bontempelli Liberatore
INT: Picken Stevens Biggs Dale

That hurts me deeply MD and to think i voted for you for Poster of the Year.
Four KPD in the team Collins, Adams, Hamling and Roughead plus Morris how
many do you want. Jong does the early work giving us an extra mid and
Roughy comes in late to exploit a tiring Sandilands. Get on the front foot
and set the trends as Freo has a 7 to 3 win loss ratio against us in the last
ten games.

My apologies mate I saw Jong in the ruck and honestly thought u were taking the piss.

Freo have been a good team over that period and we haven't so the win ratio isn't a problem.

I think we have to stick to the plan Bev has started with and I'd be stunned if he goes kid heavy first game.

Adams is the most likely as he isn't a kid but the rest will work their way in and in Bev picked Jong in front of Minson Campbell and Rough I'd expect all 3 of them to walk out the door on the spot coz that's insulting to all of them.

One ruck contest and Sandilands knee into Jong and he would be gone.

Morris harris Hargrave
Gilbee william harborw
Eagleton griffen cooney
Johnson minson murphy
Minson wlesh asker
Hudson cross boyd

Grant higgins hahm sherman
Jeez I rated Minson last night, got him holding down FF and the forward pocket. I still stand by this team for round one.

My apologies mate I saw Jong in the ruck and honestly thought u were taking the piss.

Freo have been a good team over that period and we haven't so the win ratio isn't a problem.

I think we have to stick to the plan Bev has started with and I'd be stunned if he goes kid heavy first game.

Adams is the most likely as he isn't a kid but the rest will work their way in and in Bev picked Jong in front of Minson Campbell and Rough I'd expect all 3 of them to walk out the door on the spot coz that's insulting to all of them.

One ruck contest and Sandilands knee into Jong and he would be gone.
No need to apologize as some of my theories are very strange, the thing
i like about the two new KPD's is their height to weight ratios and power
and i think the quicker we get them in the better for the future.

B Morris Hamling Boyd, M
HB Murphy Roberts Wood
C Hunter Wallis Macrae
HF Suckling Redpath Dahlhaus
F Dickson Boyd, T Stringer
R Minson The Bont Liberatore
Int Picken Johannisen Stevens Roughead
Emerg. Jong Biggs Dale

A couple of months ago I was heavily against playing the 2 ruckman sized players plus Boyd in the same team. I thought it may not only ruin our forward structure but also let opposition defences run the ball out at ease.

But seeing the good progressions in mobility for both Boyd and Campbell over the preseason in particular I'm not as heavily against it as I was previously. Campbell and Roughy to split the ruck 50/50 plus pick whoever is playing better out of Boyd and Redpath as the main tall forward and Stringer in support. Particularly if one of Boyd/Redpath doesn't work as the CHF option then it might be nice to go in with a stronger ruck setup. Let's not forget Campbell has offered a bit as a forward as well. I think he can take some good grabs when forward and has kicked some goals.

Stringers key here though and Dickson. I say we bite the bullet and keep those 2 (our more dangerous forwards) as forwards for as long as we can and rely on our already pretty damn good midfield to get us the supply, particularly as we have a very inexperienced forward group and lost one of our main avenues to goal.

Although if one of Campbell or Roughead can prove they are well and truly good enough to be a number one ruck and only require a 20% chop out then I'd be happy to persist with Boyd and Redpath.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs: Morris Hamling Boyd
Half Backs: Wood Adams Murphy
Centre: Macrae Wallis Johannissen
Half Forwards: Dahlhaus Stringer Hunter
Forwards: Dickson Boyd McLean
Followers: Minson Bontempelli Liberatore
Interchange: Jong Suckling Picken Stevens

My surprise is Adams. I don't believe Beveridge was happy with our Key Backs last year and will through a challenge to Adams, who by all reports is impressing at training.
Redpath or Boyd, I don't mind, yet at the moment only 1 gets the nod. Potentially to play both yet I would go a quicker forward line against freo.
Roughie unlucky but I think earning his spot in the reserves will do him good.
Strength on the bench with Jong, Picken and Stevens, needed against freo. Leave the light weights for other games.

Currently Freo have the following major players in the rehab group: Bennell, M Johnson, z Clarke, A Pearce, Apeness, N Fyfe

IF they don't play, we should start short prices favorites for that match. They are probably their starting FB, CHB, C, 2nd Ruck, Wing and potentially FF.

Currently Freo have the following major players in the rehab group: Bennell, M Johnson, z Clarke, A Pearce, Apeness, N Fyfe

IF they don't play, we should start short prices favorites for that match. They are probably their starting FB, CHB, C, 2nd Ruck, Wing and potentially FF.
And who is in our rehab group currently, it is a bit early for long range forecasts
yet. I think Shane Yarran tweaked his knee in the WAFL grand final too.;)

And who is in our rehab group currently, it is a bit early for long range forecasts
yet. I think Shane Yarran tweaked his knee in the WAFL grand final too.;)
He is in the group too. Just not as big a name as the others.
Our rehab group has a few too, just think when you compare the two groups, their outs are bigger than our outs.

Still 60+ days away mate, don't get too ahead of yourself. They'll play, but will be underdone, as will some of our guys like Bont and co.

If all available

Backs:
Morris Roughead MBoyd
Half Backs: Wood Roberts Murphy
Centre: Macrae Stevens Suckling
Half Forwards: Dahlhaus Bontempelli Stringer
Forwards: Dickson Redpath McLean
Followers: Wallis TBoyd Liberatore
Interchange: Dale Johannissen Picken Adcock

If all available

Backs:
Morris Roughead MBoyd
Half Backs: Wood Roberts Murphy
Centre: Macrae Stevens Suckling
Half Forwards: Dahlhaus Bontempelli Stringer
Forwards: Dickson Redpath McLean
Followers: Wallis TBoyd Liberatore
Interchange: Dale Johannissen Picken Adcock
I don't mind roughie back, Boyd in the ruck and redpath at full forward. Actually I like it a lot.

Morris and Roberts can cover key defence posts and we can go small when roughie relieves in the ruck.

We can play 2 key forwards or just rest redpath/Boyd on the pine if we want to go small up forward as well.

Don't agree with no hunter though.

B: Wood Roberts Morris
HB: Boyd Hamling Murphy
C: Macrae Wallis Hunter
HF: Picken Stringer Suckling
F: Dickson T.Boyd Dahlhaus
R: Minson Bontempelli Liberatore
Int: Stevens JJ Roughead Adcock

Not what I want, but what I think they will go with. Maybe a little too tall with Roughy, Minno and Boyd, but Boyd can be a full time fwd and Roughy is versatile enough to help in the ruck, down back or stretch the Dockers back line. Goign to be tough to keep Dale, Daniel, McLean etc out of the team.

B: Wood Collins Morris
HB: Murphy Hamling M.Boyd
C: Macrae Wallis Johannisen
HF: Dahlhaus Redpath Suckling
FF: Dickson Stringer T.Boyd
R: Roughead Bontempelli Liberatore
INT: Picken Daniel Hunter Stevens
EMG: Dale Mclean Biggs

Can't believe ppl are not selecting Daniel. I reckon he's a lock.
Roughy simply has to make it as a ruckman, but if needed fown back then Toyd and Red provide cover.
Collins the manchild to debut
Hamling to beat out Roberts for the other tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back