Preview Round 1 - St Kilda v Melbourne, Saturday March 25th, 4:35pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think this game could sell out?
I don't think it will sell out, but I get a feeling we're now going to get more than 40k to the game. I think it will be the biggest crowd at Etihad between these two sides. The biggest crowd we've had at Etihad against the Saints was 40,004 back in 2005. I reckon next weeks game will go past that.

Probably the most Melbourne supporters at an Etihad game for a while too.

We could go close. Etihad capacity is what, 58k? Reckon we could see 45 easily, depending on the day it will climb.
Biggest thing is that it is head to head with Qualy.

So am I. I've got GA now but might ring the club.

EDIT: Spoke to the club, if you've got H&A you can pay a touch extra for guaranteed entry. Probably will.

Going to be the biggest game we have played at Darklands for a while.
Going to be taking a mate, gonna have to chance it a the gates

Going to be taking a mate, gonna have to chance it a the gates
Get there early or prepurchase. The 2014 game I went that option - there aren't enough ticket booths. Didn't get in until QT because I was stuck in line.

Get there early or prepurchase. The 2014 game I went that option - there aren't enough ticket booths. Didn't get in until QT because I was stuck in line.
Yeah i'll be in melbourne around 10:30am, so i'll camp around it. I don't get Etihad ticket booths, first they don't have enough. But compared to when i've had to buy tickets at the MCG, Etihad seem to open their booths later. Hopefully AFL admin changes that and they open the damn booths earlier

I'd suggest everyone get there reasonably early. Went there for the JLT game we played there and it was ridiculous how long it took me to get through the security check.

First they checked my bag, then you go to the scanner that they wave over you and unlike last year, where you just put your arms out and they waved it over you, this time they asked me to take out all my electrical items like phone and so on and put them on the little table and then he scanned me and I had a key left in my pocket and he asked me to take that out and put it in the table as well, so I did that and he scanned me again and I said to him that if this is how it's going to be all year, it will take an hour to get into the ground if there's a big crowd.

Week 1 in particular could be bad, with most not prepared for it in advance.

I'd suggest everyone get there reasonably early. Went there for the JLT game we played there and it was ridiculous how long it took me to get through the security check.

First they checked my bag, then you go to the scanner that they wave over you and unlike last year, where you just put your arms out and they waved it over you, this time they asked me to take out all my electrical items like phone and so on and put them on the little table and then he scanned me and I had a key left in my pocket and he asked me to take that out and put it in the table as well, so I did that and he scanned me again and I said to him that if this is how it's going to be all year, it will take an hour to get into the ground if there's a big crowd.

Week 1 in particular could be bad, with most not prepared for it in advance.
Seriously? What crap.

That game between Saints & Swans shows how good and scary saints can be. Watch out Dees

On HTC 2PS5200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've lost every game to you for 10 years, I don't need to watch any footage to be convinced this isn't going to end well.

200 moral points

Was a storming moral victory in the end :p

There's nothing more frightening than an epic moral victory against the runners up from the year before!

I mean beating the actual reigning premiers doesn't even compare :p

Trust me I know. We have banked a number of moral points over the last couple of years. Last year we were even moral top 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200 moral points

Was a storming moral victory in the end :p
We used to get so many of those back in the day, Shame you can't cash them in for anything

Montagna not playing round 1. Confirmed by a mate who was at a St Kilda meeting tonight with all the players.
Just as well because we don't have Toumpas to play on him anymore

Been waiting for this game all off season and now I've been given a late organised wedding invite. What a disaster.

Been waiting for this game all off season and now I've been given a late organised wedding invite. What a disaster.
On the bright side, all that free booze will be a God send if we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back