Preview Round 1 - St Kilda v Melbourne, Saturday March 25th, 4:35pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The third man up was Gawn's biggest foil all of last year tbh.
I dunno, Goldy.

That was peak ruck, that game. I don't think there has been a better single match between two ruckmen in probably a decade.

I dunno, Goldy.

That was peak ruck, that game. I don't think there has been a better single match between two ruckmen in probably a decade.

Gawn beat him, Goldstein kicked a few from ridiculous free kicks.

No-one except maybe Sandilands will out-ruck Gawn this year.

Yep, if it wasn't for the goals handed to Goldy on a platter, it would have been no contest.

Tho probably the ruck battle was made to look so good, because neither team worried about 3rd man up with such a dominant ruckman each.

Hickey matched him last year and is coming off a decent pre-season. Will be a pretty important contest within the contest.

Hickey is good, but was made to look a lot better by their midfield sharking half of Max's hitouts due to aa complete lack of body positioning.

I think Max will dial it up this time.

There's a bloke returning from injury late in the season over in the west that might have something to say about that.
I said it months ago and was ridiculed by the usual BF experts but WCE are shaping up to be some force.

As an aside, first time I have seen everyone seemingly accept that they are going to Etihad.

I mean, normally I am happy to boycott the landfill too, but the general consensus this time seems to be that unless you are interstate you're going.

As an aside, first time I have seen everyone seemingly accept that they are going to Etihad.

I mean, normally I am happy to boycott the landfill too, but the general consensus this time seems to be that unless you are interstate you're going.

Tickets purchased :thumbsu:

FB: Jetta, OMac, J Smith
HB: Lewis, TMac, Melksham
C: Brayshaw, Oliver, Vince
HF: Salem, Hogan, Watts
FF: Garlett, Petracca, Bugg
R: Gawn, Jones, Viney
I/C: Tyson, Stretch, Hunt, Garlett
E: Spencer, Kent, Harmes
Not selected (Available): Trengove, T Smith, Filipovic, Johnstone, Weidemann, Keilty, Hannan, Pedo, ANB, BenKen, McKenna, Maynard
Unavailable: Frost, Hibberd, AVB, JKH, White, Wagner, Hulett, Vandenberg, King

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Line in the sand game.
I was actually thinking this.

We should go the melee. Hard and early. It actually fires them up.

I was actually thinking this.

We should go the melee. Hard and early. It actually fires them up.

I'm not into it (assuming you're serious). Viney too liable to get rubbed out, and doubt it makes our young crew (Oliver, Brayshaw, Salem) any better.

We play best when we can get some run going and kick two or three quick ones. Confidence up, begin taking the game on, more things fall into place.

There's a bloke returning from injury late in the season over in the west that might have something to say about that.
I said it months ago and was ridiculed by the usual BF experts but WCE are shaping up to be some force.
Yeah, hate to say it but I think they'll be right in the mix. They look solid all over the ground and have decent cover for both NicNat and Lycett.

FB: Jetta, OMac, J Smith
HB: Lewis, TMac, Melksham
C: Brayshaw, Oliver, Vince
HF: Salem, Hogan, Watts
FF: Garlett, Petracca, Bugg
R: Gawn, Jones, Viney
I/C: Tyson, Stretch, Hunt, Garlett
E: Spencer, Kent, Harmes
Not selected (Available): Trengove, T Smith, Filipovic, Johnstone, Weidemann, Keilty, Hannan, Pedo, ANB, BenKen, McKenna, Maynard
Unavailable: Frost, Hibberd, AVB, JKH, White, Wagner, Hulett, Vandenberg, King
You've got Garlett both on I/C and in the pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back