Game Day Round 1 v Gold Coast, It's The Hope That Is Great!

Where will West Coast finish this year?

• 1st

• 2nd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Having your captain playing in the team each week is a good idea. Not sure if Schuey is the appropriate man

It’s worth noting that we all thought Kerr’s career was over from similar issues around 2010 and then he came out and played 2 and a half or so quality seasons

I admire your optimism, but

in 2010 Kerr was 27 and was done by 2013 when he turned 30.

Shuey turns 32 in about 10 weeks

Still can picture Shuey as a Lecca type forward. Great on both feet. Goal sense. clever

Me too, but there's so much running involved in that flank position these days. Bit different if he could play as a stay at home forward. I think they'd try him in more of a defensive forward role, try to win htb, crumb for goals. He's not good overhead like Lecca (who played tall).

Crazy to think we could have gone into the 2015 grand final with a 32 year old Kerr in the middle if he was basically any other champion midfielder that doesn’t play for WC.

He would have been younger or the same age as what these guys are currently: Boak, Zorko, Pendlebury, Sloane, J Selwood, Gray, Shane Edwards, JPK, Curnow, and Mundy obviously.

Some of them are borderline cooked but still best 22 especially in a grand final.

Would it kill us to have a champion mid who is still a champion after they hit 30?

Crazy to think we could have gone into the 2015 grand final with a 32 year old Kerr in the middle if he was basically any other champion midfielder that doesn’t play for WC.

He would have been younger or the same age as what these guys are currently: Boak, Zorko, Pendlebury, Sloane, J Selwood, Gray, Shane Edwards, JPK, Curnow, and Mundy obviously.

Some of them are borderline cooked but still best 22 especially in a grand final.

Would it kill us to have a champion mid who is still a champion after they hit 30?
Too much travelling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt I'll be asking this question a lot this season (and good luck to him) but who the **** is Declan Mountford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back