Round 1 v Hawthorn MATCH THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Spencer isn't up to playing in the ruck, lacks the basic skills of an AFL level player. Playing him forward however, was just cruel...
I really wanted to be optimistic about us moving off the bottom this season but wow, this is humiliating.

Surely questions have to asked of both the administration as well as the coach? Which coach in any sport has ever been given a new contract after finishing last 2 years in a row?

A lot of players could go, but there's simply no-one to replace them.

Spencer will cop plenty I'm sure, but I'm not sold Martin would have been any better, down forward or in the ruck. Same scenario with Miller/Newton.

Simply no firepower, and it doesn't help we're getting caned through the centre today. Stoppage work is still poor.

Don't think it's your player list - you've been stocking up on good young kids for several years now. Bailey is the problem - he seems to have no idea whatsover. You went from being a competitive team under Danniher to a complete basket case with no obvious strategy on the field. How you could extend his contract so early is a mystery.

So demoralising :(

Can't believe the amount of easy marks we've dropped, and constantly running into pressure...

The main reason your mob's losing today is because of inexperience. It's nothing to get really upset about. FWIW, I do think Melbourne need to sack Bailey but Trengove, Scully, Strauss etc have looked pretty good when they had the ball... (apart from Campbell Brown's first goal, oh dear)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm extremely disappointed with the performance today. I've switched off to watch F1 qualifying.
Completely unacceptable performance today, and I'm sure all of you (bar Little Stinga) are feeling the same way.

Get Watts out there ASAP.

If you're going to lose, atleast do it with the players who are going to get you somewhere. The team then has a chance to gel together and learn collectively from mistakes.

Apart from a couple of mistakes I thought strauss looked quite good, his kick is a weapon.

yeah agreed, all our first gamers looked good actually

im glad in a way that the game was one sided because the umps had a fair shocker today too. was all hawks earlier but we got some soft ones in the second half too

:heart::heart: brad green

yeah agreed, all our first gamers looked good actually

Yep. But that was about it, apart from the solid tryers like Junior, and I liked Pettard, Grimes etc.. You could see from about half way through the 3rd quarter what they're trying to do, and what perhaps they're capable of.

But there are a good half dozen or so there that just aren't cutting it, while others ....?? For example, what's up with Davey? Injured?

And it all adds up to a massive lack of confidence, which then feeds back on itself.

Bate ... let him find himself at Casey, he's a better player than that.

Garland ... walk up start next week!

B

Couldn't make it today, but seems like the same old story.

Smashed early, failed to kick a goal in the first quarter, game over by half time, junk time goals in the last.

...and repeat next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 v Hawthorn MATCH THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back