Game Day Round 1 v Port @ Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The D.pearce conundrum....... gets into space, gets the ball.... how is this so ?

I see, yes - the ...ken opposition don’t man him up or play a direct opponent because it is a certain turnover when he murders the ball.
Quite simple really match committee, he wasn’t able to play his way back in last year after getting dropped, let’s hope he’s played his way out again.

15 minutes ago I was thinking, better start preparing for next week with the weather and nothing to gain in fighting it out, but we're still in this if some players can lift - and some are capable of breaking the chains: Fyfe, Walters in particular.

I've like Matera's skill level.

How can the match committee not see it with Danyle? He literally has done the same thing for 2+ years. It’s baffling. By all means it’s not his fault we’re losing, but seriously how hard is it to either lower your eyes and hit a short target, or run your full allotment and kick for goal? Dumb footy.

He is not the only one missing targets we are turn over kings

I just don't understand why year after year we continually bomb it long and deep into the forward line when we have possibly the worst tall forward talent in the league.

Is it a coaching direction? Do we not practice kicking to forwards on the lead at training?

Do our forwards not lead? Or do our players up the ground not trust their skills and would rather go the safe route of banging it long to avoid missing a target and looking bad?

I can understand it when it's been a slow build up and the forward line is flooded with defenders, but so often we're on a fast break with an open forward line and we do the same ****ing thing.

3xxqJFE.jpg
Bit late now Rosco you fool.

I try to avoid melting and was sure they played him in JLT to make up numbers and confirm he is done but seriously Fanyle is a dead set liability. 1 possession in the first quarter and a bunch of turnovers in the second. One he hit Dorothy Dixon on the chest. When a key player from 2017 is commenting on his weaknesses and why he was out of the team last year I just don’t get it.

The rookies have struggled as well but will be better for the run. Cam Sutcliffe has been ok.

I really don't like Blakley in defence
I think he’s been a bit hesitant, last year he was so good because he said “I’m the best stoppage player here, and I’m going to get the ball.” He looks like he’s 2nd guessing himself before he goes at the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DP so long mate. No point bombing it forward to gain metres when it'll come straight back the other way.

Have been disappointed in Hilly. Has been burning the ball with his kicks.

Happy with how Andy and Bailey are going

what's with kicking into long to contest when you have a player next to you with
The D.pearce conundrum....... gets into space, gets the ball.... how is this so ?

I see, yes - the ...ken opposition don’t man him up or play a direct opponent because it is a certain turnover when he murders the ball.
Quite simple really match committee, he wasn’t able to play his way back in last year after getting dropped, let’s hope he’s played his way out again.
I remember that teams did the same with Schammer.

I just don't understand why year after year we continually bomb it long and deep into the forward line when we have possibly the worst tall forward talent in the league.

Is it a coaching direction? Do we not practice kicking to forwards on the lead at training?

Do our forwards not lead? Or do our players up the ground not trust their skills and would rather go the safe route of banging it long to avoid missing a target and looking bad?

I can understand it when it's been a slow build up and the forward line is flooded with defenders, but so often we're on a fast break with an open forward line and we do the same ******* thing.

Yes it is. We mostly practice kicking it long.

If our midfield can lift (like they started to -- Fyfe got 2 clearance towards the end of the quarter) we are close enough.

But it needs to come from guys like Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, B.Hill around the ball.

Lachie is basically playing a lone hand.

All the mids bar Brayshaw and Lachie have sucked arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back