MVP ROUND 1 - V Richmond - 2012 Carlton Board Player of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Carrazzo
4. Kreuzer
3. Murphy
2. Laidler
1. Hendo

Unlucky: Simmo, Bower, Gibbs, Army

Think Yarran's game is being overrated, possibly due to his goal?? Amazing goal, but the number of times he trailed his opponent and let him get hands to the ball in our defensive 50 was really irking over the course of the game. Needs to tighten up.

It's great to see Kreuzer featuring so highly in the votes. His stats probably seem underwhelming at first glance, but as usual, the stats just don't tell the story with Matty.

5. Kreuzer - As I said, stats don't do him justice. Kept running and running all night, earnt his fair share of hitouts, took marks (and a nice one up forward for a goal) and kept pressuring the opposition to the final siren. His tank and efforts remind me of a 200cm ruck version of Craig Bradley, though not as zippy obviously. Hope I don't get thrashed too much for that, but that's what I couldn't help thinking as he kept gut running from one end of the ground to the other.

4. Gibbs - Absolute Rolls Royce. Time literally seemed to slow around him as he Matrix-man'd himself around the field and mopped up constantly. He was everywhere, had poise/skill and I thought he even showed hardness. He must be laughing, once again, at the doubters of his pre-season form.

3. Murphy - What can you say, not only a dynamo but he worked his butt off to get into the game and blow up his opposition. Very impressive the strings he's added to his bow the last couple years.

2. Carrazzo - Few mistakes aside, he was a ball magnet and gave 100% the whole time as well as doing his role and performing great shut down. Me likey.

1. Laidler - Probably deserves more but it's difficult after such a mostly even team performance. Absolute rock and a bit of a Lazarus, what can you say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Kreuzer - he is scary good and second efforts were brilliant
4. Gibbs - was everywhere we needed him to be at the right times, class
3. Murphy - Fired up when the game was in the balance and used it well
2. Hampson - Contested marks in the fwd line and efforts around the ground
1. Henderson - Kept their danger man quiet, rarely beaten in the air or on the ground

BYP - Ed Curnow - made up for early mistakes by doing it when it counted at the end

Special mentions to Laidler - would not have won if he hadn't played, Yarran - pure class with the ball and added hard running, Armfield - gut running and disposal improved, Bower - good to see him injury free, rarely beaten all night and got to contests to give us the numbers advantage

5. Gibbs
4. Murphy
3. Kreuzer
2. Carrots
1. Hampson

BYP: Lucas

Unlucky:
Hendo
Laidler
Simspson
Armfield
Betts
Yarran

5. Kreuzer- Beast.
4. Murphy- Started slowly but dominated the second half, 22 touches and a goal in 2 quarters.
3. Simpson- Opposite to Murph I feel, great first half kept us in it but slowed in the second, but was still impressive as always. So underrated, shown by Tigers not going near him.
2. Gibbs- The general.
1. Henderson- Probably part bias <_<. Blanketed Riewoldt who got 3 opportunist goals, the other due to Hendo's blunder. With the exception of the first 5 minutes, Tigers didn't take a mark inside 50 until the third, Hendo being the general IMO.

Laids, Bower, Yaz, Carrots, Army and Hammer all stiff to miss.

5. Gibbo - Star. Has become our Deep Lying Playmaker.
4. Krooz - What can't this kid do?
3. Simmo - Mr. Consistency
2. Smurph - Good game. Not great, but good.
1. Carrazzo - Still turns it over too much for my liking, but a huge effort tonight.

Apologies to plenty.

ROTY - Curnow (A.K.A. Afroman)

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP ROUND 1 - V Richmond - 2012 Carlton Board Player of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back