Review Round 1 vs Adelaide @ People First Bank Stadium - 16th March 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Adelaide and think they are going to have a good year. Even without Tex and Thilthorpe.. their smalls, Ranks, Rachele, Pedlar and Murphy all capable of kicking a few goals.

Are we actually good enough or was Richmond just awful oppposition. The 12 years of false starts has me nervous haha.

Starting to get some solid classic Suns vibes.

Big outs for the opposition, coming off a big win, got our heads up, game under our belt advantage. What could go wrong.

Let’s see what the Dimma Suns are made of.

Tbf mate they usually choke under pressure and they won in a sell out crowd opening round all eyes on us, dimma v old side game.

Some credit there

Tbf mate they usually choke under pressure and they won in a sell out crowd opening round all eyes on us, dimma v old side game.

Some credit there
How many times have we had a really strong win and thought yep this is the turning point, only to come out and get smacked the week after and demoralise us? That's what I'm still worried about. Hoping we have put those Suns behind us.

How many times have we had a really strong win and thought yep this is the turning point, only to come out and get smacked the week after and demoralise us? That's what I'm still worried about. Hoping we have put those Suns behind us.

Yeah you’re right, when it clicks it clicks.

It will click Saturday

We shouldn’t care if any player is in or out, it’s time for us to dominate on our home ground. Bring on the best at their best and let’s smash em

Nah I’m happy for a leg up. Builds confidence. Keeping your team fit and healthy and in the park is part of footy. No one ever cared when we had injuries…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah I’m happy for a leg up. Builds confidence. Keeping your team fit and healthy and in the park is part of footy. No one ever cared when we had injuries…
Agreed. I saw a recent interview with Rance and he talked about the power of momentum in pro sports and how it helped them make the jump from 13th in 2016 to premiers in 2017. Essentially the thinking is that the best way to build confidence in the gameplan and your teammates is by stringing together wins and building that momentum/belief. In my mind, this game has gone from a 50/50 to a somewhere between 60-70% in our favour now that we know both Tex and Thilthorpe won't play. That can only be a good thing when it comes to building momentum and belief in the new regime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like there was a bit of hurt from Rankine leaving.
Hoping the crowd will be in full voice expressing their displeasure towards Izak, also hoping a few of our lads rough him up and give him a hard time. Please Dimma instruct the lads to go hard on him 🤣

R1 Preview
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...-round-1-preview-vs-adelaide-burgess-revenge/

The Crows should have played finals last year and will be desperate to finally make that step up. They rebuilt their squad around the same time as the Suns and have looked better for a at least a season now, plus they nabbed one of our best players in Rankine last year. Their ball movement is probably their biggest threat and should challenge the Suns’ adherence to the new plan.

What kind of crowd are we expecting for this game? What number do we need to hit for there to be evidence of locals jumping on board?

This fixture has virtually always pulled between 11-13k at Carrara so I think if we can get anything over 15k tonight then that's a pretty good indication of locals jumping on board. If we get close to 20k then that would be amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 1 vs Adelaide @ People First Bank Stadium - 16th March 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back