Review Round 1 vs Adelaide @ People First Bank Stadium - 16th March 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

What you say is fair, but the humiidity makes it tougher, and the fact that gcs has already had a hit out

I'm not so sure it does at that temperature range. Early 30s? Absolutely, but mid-to-late 20s? probably not. Brisbane/Suns would be notoriously slow starters to a season if it did seeing they spend their first month or so being in and out of those conditions if it was equivalent.

That said, that's the real unknown, Gold Coast got another official preseason game (and for points too, which was a tad unfair!) over Adelaide. I'm not particularly convinced it has a lot of bearing, but equally, I'm not a professional AFL player and there could be a comfort side of things towards being in the 'grind' that I'm missing.

Much tougher match then last week, feel the crows will be one of the teams battling for top 8 with us. If we want finals these are the games we have to win.

If we can bring the first half intensity for 4 quarters we should win easily

Once again, it’s Round 1 so just get the win on the board, doesn’t matter how. Starting 2-0 would be massive for our confidence in the system.

Feel like this one will be won in the middle. If Adelaide can break even in there, it will go along way to them winning. We need to get on top and not let up like the 3rd quarter last week. Witts has historically struggled against the big body of O’Brien, so will need a repeat of last weeks hunt.

Having a real game under our belt where we had a good hit out for a half before cruising through is an nice advantage I’d have thought, but Adelaide will be much more ready to go then Richmond were so going in with less than 100% intent will spell trouble.

Of course, all this changes if Tex is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows would be insane to play Walker. Disk issue, just slowly jogging around, no contact today. But who knows.

Question for those are attending this game - do you plan on booing Rankine when he touches the ball? I'm assuming the answer is yes considering he left us after previously indicating he wanted to stay, but I'm interested to see how others feel.
Boo the peaheart relentlessly I say.

Definitely makes life easier but if it's slippery the talls just need to compete and the smalls will be more dangerous. It's why casboult is still effective, doesn't get the ball much but you know if he's competing the ball is coming to ground. This game is still won or lost in the middle I reckon, our mids get first use and I can see our forwards getting on top of the Crows defence.

Tex usually gives Collins a bath, so happy for him to be missing. Their smalls are still the worry though, Rankine and Rachele will be very dangerous, need the likes of Budarick, Uwland and Powell on song.
Collins is now schooled by Rance. A completely different player against Tigers, haha 😀

Last edited:
we should win, home team no injuries no excuses. just win
The footy gods have blessed us two weeks in a row with injuries to opposition key players. Now it's on our boys to take this opportunity with both hands and secure two solid wins to start the season. Would be nice to keep our spot on top of the ladder!

If what Dimma said in the pre-season about us wanting to play finals this year is true then we absolutely must win games like this. No excuses and we as a fanbase should be expecting a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back