Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah canā€™t be expected to plan a weekend around it, competition is too stiff, thatā€™s why Swans are on tonight. Successful planning is evidenced by the three blokes in swans merch Iā€™ve spotted as I descend into the bowels of central station.
My guess they were all born in the early ā€˜80s with the first name Mitchell. And they were little.

My guess they were all born in the early ā€˜80s with the first name Mitchell. And they were little.
TBH I teach primary in Brisbane and AFL is way more popular at my school than NRL. Country Queensland can be different but still support out there.

Soccer by far the most popular sport with AFL and basketball battling it out for 2nd.

Lots of ex-pats up here (me included) and they introduce their friends to the sport and it gains traction.

School footy has gotten to a really high standard too. My 2 boys have played with Cooper Hodge, Cam Bruce's son, against a Rischitelli, a Davey, a cloke. Stood next to Johnno Brown and watch his daughter play.

As more play up here the elite talent will look into AFL.

Don't really get the Zero round thing though. When the Lions play up here you're interested or you're not. But it is building!!

TBH I teach primary in Brisbane and AFL is way more popular at my school than NRL. Country Queensland can be different but still support out there.

Soccer by far the most popular sport with AFL and basketball battling it out for 2nd.

Lots of ex-pats up here (me included) and they introduce their friends to the sport and it gains traction.

School footy has gotten to a really high standard too. My 2 boys have played with Cooper Hodge, Cam Bruce's son, against a Rischitelli, a Davey, a cloke. Stood next to Johnno Brown and watch his daughter play.

Don't really get the Zero round thing though. When the Lions play up here you're interested or you're not. But it is building!!
Seems to be a common refrain that footyā€™s doing well in Queensland which is great.

Not so in Western Sydney, itā€™s definitely gone backwards from a participation perspective over the past 7-8 years despite the Giants doing well, Covid not withstanding.

I always thought the Swans were in Sydney, and Melbourne based fans were all called Mitchell.
Just lived experience, although I did once know a Swans fan named Travis, but his bff was a Mitchell.
Keep up the good work in Brisbane!

homer simpson GIF

Final team post all possible match play opportunities

B Corr Dawson Goater

Hb Fish Pink Sheez

C Scott LDU Stephens

Hf Powell ccj* Zuhaar

F. Durs Larkey curtis

R Xerri Wardlaw Phillips

Int. Kerch Tucker sleevo lazz

Sub. Greenhead

B: Corr - Pink - Goater

HB: Sheezel - Dawson - Fisher

C: Scott - Wardlaw - Stephens

HF: Stephenson - CCJ - Curtis

F: Zurhaar - Larkey - Duursma

R: Xerri - LDU - Powell

McKercher (D)
Tucker (M)
Lazzaro (M)
Greenwood (F)

Phillips (Sub)

Team chosen on pre-season training form and what we saw against the Pies and Saints.

Corr and Hugh both had awesome games in the VFL praccy, think they come in.

Sounds like Ford got injured today, and from all reports LMac needs another week or so.

Gee that Will Walker pic hurt us didnā€™t itšŸ˜­

Have a look at some of the talent after him.

Attachments

• E3734C25-113F-4511-A839-BCD2413B8484.png
    E3734C25-113F-4511-A839-BCD2413B8484.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 168

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Callan ward

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back