Review Round 10, 2023: Essendon Bombers v Box Hill Hawks, 28 May 2023, 1.05pm @ NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming Lynch is done (which I really hope is not the case) we need a ruck that can go longer than 10 mins. Is it a fitness issue with Tucker?

How many developing forward/rucks do we need?

He was probably pretty excited for that first 10mins, might have blown himself up. I wouldn't take anything negative out of that game though, for a 19 year old he showed he might have something as a ruckman. Would be a speculative pick in the MSD, as most 19 year old rucks are, minus a few famous outliers.

I really hope Lynch gets back, equally I hope everyone, including him, puts his long term health first.

One of the problems is the size of lists now. It's hard to cover all bases including possible future injuries. If you budget for Max to return at some point, we can't possibly afford four genuine ruck/resting forwards. So recruit a backup ruck on a 6-month contract and probably delist if Max returns? Maybe, but I'm in agreement with what I think you are saying - recruit someone who could pinch hit in the ruck but might make it in another position. Not sure that argues for Ryan though.
I unfortunately think Lynch is done. While I'd love for it to not be the case, I hope for his long term future that he calls it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back