Preview Round 10, 2023 : Hawks v Eagles, UTAS 1:10pm, Sunday 21st May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with late picks like Morrison, they have a low ceiling. When you plow games into them, you end up with just role players. Like Howe, TOB, Phillips types. The expectation needs to be lower. They are never going to be match winners.
Tyler, late picks aren't an indictment on ceiling. Late picks are often a mixture of many things, talent/ceiling is only apart of that.

Mitch Lewis has a huge ceiling, both athletically and as a footballer + his leadership and will/very well could be one of the games best key forwards, he was a pick very close to Morrison.

Not all of them. But a lot of them.

People expecting Morrison to be a gun are barking up the wrong tree. He's absolutely hit his ceiling right now. He won't be getting much better than what he is right now.

Like most late picks, he ain't got the talent.
As i just posted, Morrison might of, but others and many aren't included. Late picks aren't an indictment on talent or ceilings.

Jeka had a super high ceiling but likely won't make it due to his body/injuries but also drive and hunger.

People get picked late or not at all who are more talented than others, but there's other reasons that set them back, and even then there's alot of players who are like this who've been able to have the drive and hunger to improve and become the best versions of themselves.

Sicily? Cameron? Breust? Laird? Blicavs? Larkey? Parker? Papely?

ect ect ect
^

This us what I find so fascinating. Our midfield is looking the best that it has in years. But we just can’t connect with our forward line.

Is it because of disposal quality, poor forward line form, poor systems/coaching, or something else entirely?
Midfield is great but there is no connection to our forwardline. If we has Isaac Smith and Brad Hill on the wings and some cohesion in the forward line, we would be in the top eight regardless of our backline (supposedly our strength going into this season). CJ ain’t the answer on a wing. You need really smart players, Amon is ok, but we need a speedy winger as much as we need another natural forward.

You would think all of Reeves, Macdonald and Brockman all come back at least
Outs: Kosi, Wingard, Bramble (Jiath if injured)

DGB for Blanck if he can't get up as we need 3 talls for the Eagles forward line

Not sure we would want to be making 5+ changes 2 weeks in a row so the others might be looking on for another week

We'll win this by 30+ but it means * all.
I know your baiting , I'm happy to take a bite .

Absolutely disrespectful comment to the guys representing the club and playing AFL , which at a guess is more then I or you could say .

We have actually played some decent periods of footy over the past month for such a young side , so yeah a win would actually mean a lot to the guys and you never know build confidence that leads to another win or two .
If it means * all to you dont watch and dont comment on it.

Reckon you should pull your head in for a bit .

Last edited:
I'd like to see progress by winning a few games vs teams not named North Melbourne and West Coast.
I’d like to see progress by…..winning our first game in 7 weeks.

Why does everyone presume we are simply going to rock up and win this game?

We have 4-5 injuries, whilst West Coast have 20. If both sides were full strength we would get absolutely pumped.

This isn’t a gimme by a long shot.

Problem with late picks like Morrison, they have a low ceiling. When you plow games into them, you end up with just role players. Like Howe, TOB, Phillips types. The expectation needs to be lower. They are never going to be match winners.
Mitch Lewis?
Jai Newcombe?

So who we dropping this week. In my opinion, Sam butler for brocky which is stiff, cj for dbg because he needs a spell in the 2s and just get rid of wingard please.

We have 4-5 injuries, whilst West Coast have 20. If both sides were full strength we would get absolutely pumped.

Totally agree. If we were both at full strength, we would lose by 50. Very curious, when does everyone have us playing finals. I’ve got us in the 8 in 2026

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who we dropping this week. In my opinion, Sam butler for brocky which is stiff, cj for dbg because he needs a spell in the 2s and just get rid of wingard please.
Wingard for brockman and butler stays. Dgb for blank (injured) and maybe long for cj.

Lol we wouldn’t get pumped, they’ve got a worse overall list than us, their best players are way past their prime and their kids are absolutely miles behind ours. They were close to full strength last time we played them and we beat them fairly easily

Totally agree. If we were both at full strength, we would lose by 50. Very curious, when does everyone have us playing finals. I’ve got us in the 8 in 2026

I'd hope for 2025, but 2026 seems realistic. In three years time our best players will be at a good age and will have developed individually, hopefully the game plan is embedded by then (and it's a good one).

You're getting rid of Butler (as you say, stiff) for Brocky but dropping Wingard too? I feel there's a solution here.

Actually heading over for this game
First time to Tassie for a game

Any tips?
make sure your flight out is the morning one (the evening exit flights tend to fog and then suddenly you are stuck an extra night - this happened twice to one of my friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back