Preview Round 10, 2023 : Hawks v Eagles, UTAS 1:10pm, Sunday 21st May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn:worst offence vs WCE:worst defence in the competition. Who comes out on top :think:

17West Coast9108615 (87.93)1016 (149.122)100431030057L-460.5318108449.95
18Hawthorn9108540 (75.90)900 (132.108)80371030056L-460.00133061291.02

Wingard for Brockman should be a no brainer as I can't even remember the last time chad laid a tackle.

Reeves for Morrison, it's not like for like but I prefer weddle playing on the wing as well as kozi (can't believe I'm saying this) team up with Lewis.

This would be the perfect time (maybe the only time) to bring in Ramma for Kozi but I can't see it happening unfortunately 😕.

Just the 2 changes providing blanck is fit and please play Mitchell, Weddle and Butler for the remainder of the year.

Out: Day, Newcombe, Lewis, Sicily, Mitchell
Just to piss off the worst “journalist” in the world, we should make it a fair contest, by rank ordering the eagles list and ours and pick the players the eagles have available at their list ranked positions. Even then I think we would win by 4 goals…

• CJ surely takes another week off, playing sore is doing him no favours. Bramble ready to take his place I'd say.
  • Blanck had a bad cork, so hard to tell if he'll get up or not. He might not even need replacing given Allen is essentially the Eagles only forward marking presence (who is nonetheless in good form).
  • Morrison could be in the gun. If Ward is ready, then the swap should be made. If not then Long a chance.
  • Chad: the time has well and truly come. His stats for the year make for sober reading, even taking the injuries into account. Brockman, MacDonald, and even Fergus Greene deserve a spot in the forward line ahead of this guy who has clear motivation issues. Selection must stay accountable*
  • Kosi out if Reeves is back, although I really feel for Jacob, he's entered the Tim O'Brien cycle: forward. ruck. dropped. repeat.

IN: Bramble, Ward, MacDonald, Brockman
OUT: CJ, Blanck, Morrison, Chad

*Here's my left field proposal for Chad to stay in the team: a new challenge. Swing him behind the ball à la Lewis Jetta, Keidean Coleman. I can't keep watching him up forward.

If the guaranteed ins are Reeves Brockman, then surely Kozi and wingard go out. Sorry Chad it’s time. For me CJ has to go whether injured or not he’s just a shadow of himself and we need his full self back - playing poorly at senior level isn’t helping anyone. Scrimshaw in. If blanck doesn’t come up DGB in. I don’t think CMac comes in unless they drop Morrison or as sub. Must be difficult playing inside mid at Box Hill and half forward at senior level. Would be keen to see him get more CBAs

We’re generally a 4-5 better side down in Tassie. Eagles can barely field a 22.
We should win but stranger things have happened in past. If eagles had darling they may have had a chance as we struggle against two good talls.
We would be fine. Darling isn’t a good tall. He’s just a over sized witches hat in the F50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is our game to try shit out and see what happens.

Might be good for the back 6 to have a mental reset. Chuck Sicily up forward for a half. Chuck Frost up forward for a half.

Throw some magnets around.

YOLO

Where are the goals coming from?

Barass was dominant last year and likely shuts down Lewis. Breust,
Moore and chad in poor form.

the number of players out they have, they may need to play him in the goalsquare anyway
They did that on the weekend. He was clearly in a lot of pain, couldn't even move that arm, and they kept him out there despite being thrashed!

Must play Rama this week as a permanent forward which means Kosi gonesky.

Brock for the Chad

Reeves in for someone don't really care who, take a pick from 3 or 4

Weather looks good, 0 to 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back