Game Day Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be an issue if Great Gran and Gramps understood that times change and no one is trying to take anything away.

Do wonder if we tried to make things whiter if the same dinosaurs would have an issue.
Word salad makes me hungry.

Yep we are no hope of playing finals, but it would still be nice to start playing some decent footy again - win or lose.
That is where it starts. Forget the scoreboard. Forget about winning games.

Start by playing well.

Try to win passages by playing well.

Try to win passages consistently by playing well.

Try to win quarters by playing well.

Try to win quarters consistently by playing well.

Try to win games by playing well.

Try to win games consistently by playing well.

Try to win enough games consistently by playing well to play finals.

Try to win finals by playing well.

That is where it starts. Forget the scoreboard. Forget about winning games.

Start by playing well.

Try to win passages by playing well.

Try to win passages consistently by playing well.

Try to win quarters by playing well.

Try to win quarters consistently by playing well.

Try to win games by playing well.

Try to win games consistently by playing well.

Try to win enough games consistently by playing well to play finals.

Try to win finals by playing well.
Pressure index is the best measure imo.

Yep we are no hope of playing finals,

Season is well and truly done.
We're 3-6.

If we go 10-4 we finish 13-10 and almost certainly make finals. If we go 9-5 we're 12-11 and a chance.

We started 8-4 last year and 8-3 in 2022.

If you take the final 3 games of 2021 (2-1) and the first 11 of 2022 (8-3) you get 10-4.

Clearly St Kilda has shown the ability to win the required amount of games (or close to it) multiple times in recent years

I'm not suggesting this is likely. But it's too early to say things like "season over".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's this for a stat.

St Kilda's points for average has barely changed in 4 years.

2021- 75 ppg - Ratten
2022- 77 - Ratten
2023- 77 - Lyon
2024- 74 - Lyon

The popular narrative is Lyon's a defensive coach who doesn't score enough points to contend for a flag. Yet we score identically under Lyon compared to Ratten

And that's with King and Membrey each missing over 50% of the Lyon games. (Technically King has played 17 of 33 but was injured 20 seconds into one).

Last edited:
How's this for a stat.

St Kilda's points for average has barely changed in 4 years.

2021- 75 ppg - Ratten
2022- 77 - Ratten
2023- 77 - Lyon
2024- 74 - Lyon

The popular narrative is Lyon's a defensive coach who doesn't score enough points to contend for a flag. Yet we score identically under Lyon compared to Ratten
Can someone get this to Fox media?

Most pundits would actually have to be co-erced at knifepoint to broadcast it and discuss it on air, but it might not hurt for them to know it at least.

Wouldn't be an issue if Great Gran and Gramps understood that times change and no one is trying to take anything away.

Do wonder if we tried to make things whiter if the same dinosaurs would have an issue.

Walk up Mt warning. Climb ayres rock. Et.c etc See how you go.

Maybe have a rethink on that one.

I can't speak for all people who aren't accepting any brainfart that passes in the most "progressive" communities, but personally its not about being afraid of taking anything away, it's about questioning meaningless or useless - and potentially damaging - change just because some w***er doing a PhD has decided to conduct a societal experiment.

Having said with that, I'm broadly very supportive of strengthening the indigenous connection to AFL in meaningful ways and the SDN Round changes are fine by me.

Maybe have a rethink on that one.

I can't speak for all people who aren't accepting any brainfart that passes in the most "progressive" communities, but personally its not about being afraid of taking anything away, it's about questioning meaningless or useless - and potentially damaging - change just because some w***er doing a PhD has decided to conduct a societal experiment.

Agree generally. The logic usually seems to be: “something should be done”; “this is something”; “therefore this should be done”. Which is obviously a weak argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back