Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sold on Giles being a keeper. I think he might do a bit of a dive in the second half of the year.

Why? It's not like he's a young player who will tire, he's been in the system for a while now. Personally I think if he stays fit he's a keeper.

Why? It's not like he's a young player who will tire, he's been in the system for a while now. Personally I think if he stays fit he's a keeper.

Agreed completely, unless Brogan becomes lazarus - Giles will play the majority of games. Setanta was the other option but he has been put out to pasture as well

People are basing this theory on what happened to Zac Smith last year. Could happen again but as you said Giles is 24 and should be less susceptible to fatigue.

Scratching my head as to what to do this week after my team spudded it up in round 9.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Lake, Fisher, Broughton, Darley, Spurr, Townsend, Morris

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Watson, Thompson, Horseley, McDonald, A. Kennedy

RUCK: Natainui, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

FWD: Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Zaharakis, Porplyzia, Martin, Treloar, Dickson, Hall

15 trades and $124k.

Looking to get rid of Porplyzia this week I think, getting sick of his inability to ton up. Tippett looks decent for 465k but theres not really a massive range of choices. The sparse rookie choices this week are annoying as well.

People are basing this theory on what happened to Zac Smith last year. Could happen again but as you said Giles is 24 and should be less susceptible to fatigue.

Scratching my head as to what to do this week after my team spudded it up in round 9.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Lake, Fisher, Broughton, Darley, Spurr, Townsend, Morris

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Watson, Thompson, Horseley, McDonald, A. Kennedy

RUCK: Natainui, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

FWD: Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Zaharakis, Porplyzia, Martin, Treloar, Dickson, Hall

15 trades and $124k.

Looking to get rid of Porplyzia this week I think, getting sick of his inability to ton up. Tippett looks decent for 465k but theres not really a massive range of choices. The sparse rookie choices this week are annoying as well.

I'd personally sit and wait - unless you can find more cash from a downgrade the porps to tippett upgrade seems a massive waste, especially with Taylor Walker coming back and the probability of Tippetts score being reduced

Well he if he's out this round then they'll only have one more game before the bye. In this case, do you think they may not start Christensen again until after the bye (R13)?

He'll play next week.

Said on radio last week that he could have played at a pinch this week, they are just being conservative.

The Carlton game is huge in the context of our season so everyone who is fit will be out there.

I have the exact coin to complete -

Bugg - Enright
Cameron - Zaharakis

This would give me a defence of -

Deledio/Goddard/Clarke/Lake/Grimes/Enright/Demspey with Ellis and Smedts on the bench.

My forward line would be -

SJ/Franklin/Martin/Cloke/Porplyzia/Zaharakis/Zorko with Adams and Pfeiffer on the bench.

I have 13 trades left and really would have loved Sidey but this trade is almost too good to refuse, thoughts?

I have the exact coin to complete -

Bugg - Enright
Cameron - Zaharakis

This would give me a defence of -

Deledio/Goddard/Clarke/Lake/Grimes/Enright/Demspey with Ellis and Smedts on the bench.

My forward line would be -

SJ/Franklin/Martin/Cloke/Porplyzia/Zaharakis/Zorko with Adams and Pfeiffer on the bench.

I have 13 trades left and really would have loved Sidey but this trade is almost too good to refuse, thoughts?

Are u better off getting rid of Cameron or porps? cameron still has coin to make where porps seems to have stalled, if you did this can you make bugg scotland instead of enright?

Porps > S.Johnson/Martin/Robinson

Martin and Richmond are on the rise, SJ is hitting form and will hit the highest scores of the 3, Robinson should see a shitload more midfield now Murphy is injured and wins contested footy.

What does everyone think of Sextons job security?

I was going to go Porplyzia > Couch and Morris > Scotland but could go Porplyzia > Sexton instead.

Only thing is that once Couch gets a game I am convinced he will stay in due to Melbourne being so shit. Sexton on the other hand not so sure.

Help.... :eek:

My team:

Defenders - Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Dempsey, Hargrave, Morris, (Mohr, Hibberd)

Midfielders - Pendlebury, Kennedy, Ablett, Watson, Hayes,Horsley (Magner, D. Smith)

Rucks - Ryder, Giles (Jenkins, Stephenson)

Forwards - Dangerfield, Franklin, Hawkins, Bennell, Whitecross, Martin, Treloar (Porplyzia, Zorko)

I'm looking to trade out Hawkins this week and I only have 10 trades unfortunately - with some cash in the bank I can go straight to Zaharakis but I was keen to get in Sidebottom. I could do this by downgrading a bench player for someone like Sexton.

Do you think Sidebottom would be worth the extra trade given I don't have many left or should I switch straight to Zaharakis?

What does everyone think of Sextons job security?

I was going to go Porplyzia > Couch and Morris > Scotland but could go Porplyzia > Sexton instead.

Only thing is that once Couch gets a game I am convinced he will stay in due to Melbourne being so shit. Sexton on the other hand not so sure.

Help.... :eek:
I think it would be pretty average, but you only really need him playing the next 3 games and then he can be traded before his bye. He's pretty highly rated at GC, but with so much talent there it's a bit of a lottery who will play each week. If Couch doesnt get games through the bye rounds that's a couple of donuts, but i guess it depends on your strategy!

For me this week I'm wanting to get a fifth premium midfielder so I can have a full midfield after round 12. I'm also looking at getting rid of Smedts as I need most, if not all, my rookies playing come the bye rounds. Looking at Dal Santo, but I can only get him in by moving Zorko to my forwards and trading Porplyzia. Darley will be my downgrade from Smedts. I originally wanted to trade Devon Smith this round but, I don't have the funds!

Praying for a few more rookie options to come around soon. Jamie Elliot is a talent, but the likelihood of him playing week in week out is very slim!

My team:

Defenders - Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Dempsey, Hargrave, Morris, (Mohr, Hibberd)

Midfielders - Pendlebury, Kennedy, Ablett, Watson, Hayes,Horsley (Magner, D. Smith)

Rucks - Ryder, Giles (Jenkins, Stephenson)

Forwards - Dangerfield, Franklin, Hawkins, Bennell, Whitecross, Martin, Treloar (Porplyzia, Zorko)

I'm looking to trade out Hawkins this week and I only have 10 trades unfortunately - with some cash in the bank I can go straight to Zaharakis but I was keen to get in Sidebottom. I could do this by downgrading a bench player for someone like Sexton.

Do you think Sidebottom would be worth the extra trade given I don't have many left or should I switch straight to Zaharakis?

i would probably go the zaharakis option. like you say, you only have 10 trades left before you make any changes and you'll need some to cover injuries and the likes over the 2nd half of the season. and you still have M6, F7 and D6+7 to try and upgrade too (not sure who your missing defender is though) so you might not get them all upgraded either even if you do go for zaharakis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it would be pretty average, but you only really need him playing the next 3 games and then he can be traded before his bye. He's pretty highly rated at GC, but with so much talent there it's a bit of a lottery who will play each week. If Couch doesnt get games through the bye rounds that's a couple of donuts, but i guess it depends on your strategy!

For me this week I'm wanting to get a fifth premium midfielder so I can have a full midfield after round 12. I'm also looking at getting rid of Smedts as I need most, if not all, my rookies playing come the bye rounds. Looking at Dal Santo, but I can only get him in by moving Zorko to my forwards and trading Porplyzia. Darley will be my downgrade from Smedts. I originally wanted to trade Devon Smith this round but, I don't have the funds!

Praying for a few more rookie options to come around soon. Jamie Elliot is a talent, but the likelihood of him playing week in week out is very slim!

Freo selection will be very intersting this week, think there disaster run will pay dividends for their rookies in the next 3-4 weeks, perfect timing for bye downgrades etc (well im hoping)... anyone know how young mitchell went at the swans ressies last weekend?

Hey everyone!

As mentioned in the regrets thread I traded Shaw to Carrazzo and then to Fisher.

His hamstring recovery has taken longer than expected and is still a few weeks away apparently.

Should I do a complete back flip and trade Fisher to Shaw this week?

Or wait it out and lose more points/games?

^^Just wait on fish.Shaw is likely to gamble get drunk steal a car and go for a joy ride all in one night.

Lol he does something like that every year... and gets tagged!

What about Waters then?

Fisher isn't loose man as often this year and his scoring has taken a hit before the injury.

Freo selection will be very intersting this week, think there disaster run will pay dividends for their rookies in the next 3-4 weeks, perfect timing for bye downgrades etc (well im hoping)... anyone know how young mitchell went at the swans ressies last weekend?

Thought he'd be sub so had him on the bench anyway. Hopefully back soon I've only got 10 trades left :(

Tom Mitchell got 174 supercoach points and only played 3 quarters of the game in our reserves. Still no where near match fit could be 5-6 weeks away.

From the rookies thread on this board.

Lol he does something like that every year... and gets tagged!

What about Waters then?
s
Fisher isn't loose man as often this year and his scoring has taken a hit before the injury.

Waters has been great can be injury prone.Mjohnson plays loose man quiet abit.mr consistency scotland.The only must have defender is lids i wouldnt trade out fish if only for few weeks.Really up to you.

Jarrad Redden has come in at the worst time.

Was going to trade Giles to Maric due to the bye, now Redden is named and could possibly cover me and save a trade...but knowing Redden he will be dropped a week later and donuts ensue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back