Podcast Round 11, 2021 - Class Is In Session

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to have a listen on Spotify better be good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Although I appreciate Keys research and collating efforts, Michael Christian lucky to be escaping without Villain of the Week.

Fair point.

Probably only have to wait a week or so before we get another chance to nominate him though

Agree massively with it being a mistake not playing JJ last week, who’s his sponsor?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey Keys - great deep dive into away form. It goes to show that we are above average at home and slightly above average on the road.

If we win 3 of the next (wins at home - Drug Rats, Doggies and Tigers) and lose against Blues at MCG, I will happily take that.

Mind you it might well turn into a Perth hub and we get 4 or more in a row at home meaning no excuses.

Using the Keys theory, we win all games at Optus, win against lowly ranked teams when on the road and only lose when on the road against mid to high ranked teams, we will end up with a record of 14:8 which may be enough for top 4.

1622187038757.png

Hey Keys - great deep dive into away form. It goes to show that we are above average at home and slightly above average on the road.

If we win 3 of the next (wins at home - Drug Rats, Doggies and Tigers) and lose against Blues at MCG, I will happily take that.

Mind you it might well turn into a Perth hub and we get 4 or more in a row at home meaning no excuses.

Using the Keys theory, we win all games at Optus, win against lowly ranked teams when on the road and only lose when on the road against mid to high ranked teams, we will end up with a record of 14:8 which may be enough for top 4.

View attachment 1139413

We’re currently 6-4 so that improves your bottom line to 15-7

A win over Carlton whilst maintaining a clean sheet at home gets us to 16-6

Home form is vital

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re currently 6-4 so that improves your bottom line to 15-7

A win over Carlton whilst maintaining a clean sheet at home gets us to 16-6

Home form is vital
Good pick on the wins. Updated

Not sure I have much faith against Carlton. Will Barrass and Hedwards show enough respect and lock down on Harry MacKay or will he rip us a new one?

1622191736802.png

Question for next week:

How long do we sit back and pretend we don't have one of the top 3 lists in the league, whilst continuing to be spoon fed dog sh*t?
Fair question, but our midfield depth behind the stars has always been suspect, and we can’t go five minutes without losing one of the stars.

Forwards - firing as well as ever. Backs have looked good in parts but shaky in others, which I’d put more down to complete inundation. Once again we’re back to the midfield.

Will discuss it on the show when we (I) have cooled down a bit 😂

We don’t have one of the top three lists in the league.

Really?

Please tell me on paper who has a better list than the Eagles.

Hurn
Sheppard
McGovern
Yeo
Gaff
Naitanui
Ryan
Darling
Kennedy

Apologies to any AA that I missed.

Then let's add:

Kelly
Sheed
Redden
Barrass

Pretty impressive list IMO.

Name me 3 teams (on paper) above that?

Really?

Please tell me on paper who has a better list than the Eagles.

Hurn
Sheppard
McGovern
Yeo
Gaff
Naitanui
Ryan
Darling
Kennedy

Apologies to any AA that I missed.

Then let's add:

Kelly
Sheed
Redden
Barrass

Pretty impressive list IMO.

Name me 3 teams (on paper) above that?
Is your assessment an historical one or a current one?

Of your list of AA players, I would say only 2 have a chance to be in the squad based on 2021. I would probably go so far as saying as at this round, our AA candidates are nil

Is your assessment an historical one or a current one?

Of your list of AA players, I would say only 2 have a chance to be in the squad based on 2021. I would probably go so far as saying as at this round, our AA candidates are nil

I totally agree with you, at best possibly Naitanui could make the squad. Before injury I thought Barrass was in the mix too.

Yes it is largely historically, but the quality is there. Again my thoughts are on paper, obviously injury and form permitting. There just appears to either be a serious lack of intensity, effort and/or fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back