Review Round 11 - Carlton @ Docklands - 25th May 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t mind the line-up, looks like we are going for some speed to try and exploit Carlton on the outside with Fiorini out of the wing.

Would’ve kept Davies in though as I feel we are 1 mid short, for Holman. Although I assume we are going to run Humphrey through the middle in those Davies/Graham minutes and see what he can do given his confidence is sky high.

Don’t mind seeing Johnstone stay in on a different track to see what he can do. Clohesy/Ainsworth/Johnston wing rotation (I imagine who it will be) is a bit of toe.

I don’t know how many goals we can get from Long/Johnston/Holman/Berry/Rogers group, so they’ll all be playing for their spot with Rosas due back in a couple of weeks.
We’ve definitely gone forward heavy, but most of those forwards kick less goals than Clohesy…

Could see more wing rotations and trying something different there. Ainsworth or Johnston could work. I’d go Ainsworth.

Gotta try some things and see I guess. At least we have a mix of speed and tackling. Swallow, Long and Holman in one side is certainly an interesting strat though. Didn’t think I’d see that.

Not sure why people are so worried about scoring. We are 6th best, just one point behind Blues.

I am more worried about not converting easy opportunities and s**t goals.

Just 3 weeks ago we played the worst game on the road.

Please be competitive. Hopefully, no negative impact from Darwin oven.

At least I can enjoy Mac and Walter.

Not sure why people are so worried about scoring. We are 6th best, just one point behind Blues.

I am more worried about not converting easy opportunities and s**t goals.

Just 3 weeks ago we played the worst game on the road.

Please be competitive. Hopefully, no negative impact from Darwin oven.

At least I can enjoy Mac and Walter.
If we can kick 26 goals, we'll find a way to score goals.

We'll get our chances, need to lock that ball inside the 50 as long as possible

Gorringe cup btw

Speaking of the great man

He is running 1km for every point carlton lose by this month

Currently up to 58km so we can add to that.

He reckons he’ll die at 58km like most people

Gorringe cup btw

Speaking of the great man

He is running 1km for every point carlton lose by this month

Currently up to 58km so we can add to that.

He reckons he’ll die at 58km like most people
I'd love to make that shithead run an Ultra Marathon because of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure where to put this so I just figured I'd go with this thread. Shoutout to Nick from The Suns Stand who showed up on a Cartlon fan channel tonight and gave us some representation in a format that we typically don't have representation. Thought he handled himself pretty well and made us look more knowledgable about footy than most Victorians probably think we are. If you're out there, good job mate :thumbsu:

This is the team, I reckon. Dimma has been trying different pieces with varying success. I reckon this is the 23. Dare I say the best mix of talent we have ever put on the paddock.
Davies, stiff. Weller to come back. Long way back for him. Budurick, well and truly over taken. Rosas is a red hot chance when he gets back to full fitness and form. But right now, this is 80% of a premiership team.
In Dimma we trust!
Very strong side - Holman would consider himself lucky to have held his spot and Johnstone gets another go to show his talent. Will Graham and Moyle are the two unlucky ones but both will be central to next generation mid field if they stay around. Happy for Sexton, Long and Swallow to fill the holes until we improve the list from without or within. Best opportunity to beat Carlton in a long time - why am I still concerned? Rosas and Weller still to compliment what is emerging as a very good team - still think 2025 will be the breakout year but won't be unhappy if 2024 proves me wrong.

I'd love to make that shithead run an Ultra Marathon because of us.
For a campaigner that gave us nothing and has returned even less despite the gilt edged opportunities he was given he has grifted off his time with us massively.I wouldnt give that oxygen thief the chance to steal any more.

Davies was great as sub. 12 touches, 6 tackles, 3 clearances in under 50 minutes of playing time is good. Feel he is a bit unlucky considering how good he has been.
Not sure how Swallow survives again and how Holman gets back in.
Dave has kicked 30+ goals in the past 3 seasons and never takes a backwards step
I think he and Holman are just rotating now
Holman has less surprisingly kicked a few more goals in the same period given he doesnt run through the middle like Dave and again doesnt take a backwards step
Is there Champion data for "Performance against old Club"?
Holman in for Davies and Greenwood literally only came back for North for the Darwin game
All that mystical pro-sport voodoo

We're heading down to Melbourne this weekend to watch the game. I'm so pumped. There is nothing in life that makes happier than watching the suns beat Carlton.

Alternatively, nothing makes me more upset than seeing Carlton beat the suns. It'll be a roller-coaster of emotions tomorrow.
Pack your thermals, Marvel is an icebox

Interesting team selection, it's a shame to see Day dropped again since he's been in flying form this year, but I totally understand playing the youth first and foremost. A little surprised Johnston stayed in, he shows flashes and great potential but I don't think he's the full product yet. Holman back in makes sense, he's a system selection. A little bit surprised to see Davies dropped, but more surprised Graham isn't back in the side. Probably best for Graham to have continuity in the VFL, I guess. Fiorini this year has been slightly over-performing based on his actual skillset, so he was bound to regress to the mean eventually and find himself out of the starting lineup. Witts for Moyle was always the plan with Darwin. I will admit I'm actually slightly more critical of Ned Moyle's performance than anyone on the board, I don't think he did well defensively to stop Conway getting the ball after the ruck contest.

Regarding the results of this game, I don't think a win is particularly likely, but I want to see grit and effort from the boys. Keep the margin to 18-20 points and I'll be content.

Interesting team selection, it's a shame to see Day dropped again since he's been in flying form this year, but I totally understand playing the youth first and foremost. A little surprised Johnston stayed in, he shows flashes and great potential but I don't think he's the full product yet. Holman back in makes sense, he's a system selection. A little bit surprised to see Davies dropped, but more surprised Graham isn't back in the side. Probably best for Graham to have continuity in the VFL, I guess. Fiorini this year has been slightly over-performing based on his actual skillset, so he was bound to regress to the mean eventually and find himself out of the starting lineup. Witts for Moyle was always the plan with Darwin. I will admit I'm actually slightly more critical of Ned Moyle's performance than anyone on the board, I don't think he did well defensively to stop Conway getting the ball after the ruck contest.

Regarding the results of this game, I don't think a win is particularly likely, but I want to see grit and effort from the boys. Keep the margin to 18-20 points and I'll be content.
Bookies have the Blues as strong favourites, 🤞they are wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back