Autopsy Round 12, 2024: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday 1st June, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with that. It's not a fluid forward half. I would almost play Steele in the forward half and run Owens on the ball.
Steele is handy in the forward line, and a better kick for goal. Swapping with Owens throughout the game makes good sense, and mixes things up a bit. The more unpredictable we are in the middle, the better.

Yup, thats the basic suspension.

After the game Reid was straight over to Wilson to make sure he was ok.
Have played together since juniors so it wasn't his intention to hurt him, but unfortunately that's the way of protecting the head in AFL.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I feel for the kid. He’s a baby. Prob would have been ok with one week. I know Higgins got 3 but that was a disgraceful decision.

So he’s probably a bit over-confident but the WA press have been blowing smoke up his a*se for the past few months. He was frustrated and he’ll learn. Don’t think there was any malice there, as you say, he and Wilson are mates.

The irony is that now Wilson may land up winning the RS.

I feel for the kid. He’s a baby. Prob would have been ok with one week. I know Higgins got 3 but that was a disgraceful decision.

So he’s probably a bit over-confident but the WA press have been blowing smoke up his a*se for the past few months. He was frustrated and he’ll learn. Don’t think there was any malice there, as you say, he and Wilson are mates.

I joked about this in the mod forum, that I'd lol if Ried got weeks and the bloke he dumped in Wilson got the RS. Then I said it's a shame he was named Darcy.

If there ever was a player who should really hate the media it should be Harley Reid.

Shit if i was him I would have a restraining order against every campaigner who works for the west australian.

Still reckon Windy should be getting free beers from the rest of the mids. Once we took Reid out they easily got on top. It allowed those guys to run free.
I don't want to hype Windhager but he oozes leadership and I feel he would be a very good captain.

Yeah he did tag the new kid out of the game but it is not the first time he has been given a tagging role , I remember in his first year he was given the task of tagging Neale and absolutely smoked him.

He is steadily building his game and as he develops he is going to become a very good midfielder , could easily be our best mid next year the way he is going and he only just turned 21.

I’m all for the tag. Windy does it so well when he’s been given the job and it hasn’t been detrimental to our team. He still wins the ball. His job turned the game for us
It’s a bit embarrassing for the rest of them that a 12 gamer was absolutely bull dozing his way through
With our apparent war chest, let’s dangle $2m in front him for 10 years. He is going to be unstoppable in a few years

Was out last night. Read the first few pages of this thread and fast forwarded to 3QT. I note a lot of comments on here about us bombing long to King in the first three Qs, but there was a patch there half way through the last where we absolutely owned them and kicked it long three times in a row for three WC intercept marks. So, I'm not sure King off was the difference. We just overwhelmed them in the last and created a tsunami of chances.

When we did lower our eyes, we looked good, like in the Collingwood game. Just need to keep practicing that.

Bad news - I think we will miss finals, but also miss a bottom four finish. We're getting better, not just as our players come back, but as they get continuity.
  • Mason Wood - fifth game back. Best game. Back to his 2022/23 form.
  • Liam Henry -fourth game back. Best game since round 2.
  • Max King - fifth game back. Best game before he was subbed off.
  • Paddy Dow - third game. Best game for the club.
Hunter first game of the season, Higgins second game back. Crouch to come in next week. Fast forward 2-3 weeks and we should be playing something like we did at our best in 2023 (barring further injuries of course). And you can see how the rising tide lifts all the other boats.

Quite liked Schofield as a commentator b/c he was quite nice about us.

Yeah he did tag the new kid out of the game but it is not the first time he has been given a tagging role , I remember in his first year he was given the task of tagging Neale and absolutely smoked him.
He also kept Tim Kelly to 4 disposals, which remains Kelly's career low (career ave 24.2, only 3 games in single digits, 7, 9..... and 4 against Windhager)

Kingy on First Crack was pretty bullish position on our ability to gain form in the back half of the year.

Highlighted more of the forward entry stuff he talked about on the coverage but thinks if we fix that, our defence will immediately improve. Ross has jokingly mentioned it's his favourite footy show so lets hope he tuned in this week.

Hot take - Paddy Dow will be a player, and show why he was a top draft pick.
He has been a slow burn, but you can see he hunts the footy and has some evasive skills.
Him and Henry are good pick ups this year. Shrewd trading.

Doc......I can see that your in the post win euphoria.

That's gold !!!!!!!!! :) :)

WnSH9Yj.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingy on First Crack was pretty bullish position on our ability to gain form in the back half of the year.

Highlighted more of the forward entry stuff he talked about on the coverage but thinks if we fix that, our defence will immediately improve. Ross has jokingly mentioned it's his favourite footy show so lets hope he tuned in this week.

Plus if our midfield improves, our defence and offence both instantly improve as well.

Fair chance it will with Crouch back soon, and Dow building nicely now that he has some games in a row.

Hunter was also useful in his first game back, and adds another dimension.

Plus Henry back in now on the outside.

Windy did a great defensive job, but I really hope he has scope to improve his attacking game, as these days as a mid, you can't be too one-dimensional in your skillset.

Hot take - Paddy Dow will be a player, and show why he was a top draft pick.
He has been a slow burn, but you can see he hunts the footy and has some evasive skills.
Him and Henry are good pick ups this year. Shrewd trading.
Looks a bit like he belongs in a Crowded House tribute band, but can play.

Was out last night. Read the first few pages of this thread and fast forwarded to 3QT. I note a lot of comments on here about us bombing long to King in the first three Qs, but there was a patch there half way through the last where we absolutely owned them and kicked it long three times in a row for three WC intercept marks. So, I'm not sure King off was the difference. We just overwhelmed them in the last and created a tsunami of chances.

When we did lower our eyes, we looked good, like in the Collingwood game. Just need to keep practicing that.

Bad news - I think we will miss finals, but also miss a bottom four finish. We're getting better, not just as our players come back, but as they get continuity.
  • Mason Wood - fifth game back. Best game. Back to his 2022/23 form.
  • Liam Henry -fourth game back. Best game since round 2.
  • Max King - fifth game back. Best game before he was subbed off.
  • Paddy Dow - third game. Best game for the club.
Hunter first game of the season, Higgins second game back. Crouch to come in next week. Fast forward 2-3 weeks and we should be playing something like we did at our best in 2023 (barring further injuries of course). And you can see how the rising tide lifts all the other boats.

Quite liked Schofield as a commentator b/c he was quite nice about us.

Crouch probably won't hit the ground running so I imagine that we are going to be a bit late to do any damage.

Jack Steele had 15 tackles but also had 104 pressure acts on the weekend. That is 40 more than the next best pressure act player on the ground.

Windy did a great defensive job, but I really hope he has scope to improve his attacking game, as these days as a mid, you can't be too one-dimensional in your skillset.

What makes you think he was?
His disposal count was ok , and his metres gained stats were better than many.

Jack Steele told me its ok to start your midfield career as a tagger.

What makes you think he was?
His disposal count was ok , and his metres gained stats were better than many.

Jack Steele told me its ok to start your midfield career as a tagger.
As I said, I hope he has scope to improve his attacking game, and the top young midfielders in the comp over the last few years didn't start as pure taggers, they hit the deck running from game one. Windy will only get better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back