Review Round 12 = Collingwood 82-100 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendles is a huge out. He coaches the team on field. Some of the younger guys are running around like headless chooks once the intensity lifted....

Sidebottom a great career, but he's just about done. If the coaches can only put him at HB, and there's no other spot for him then l wouldn't be playing him, and let him make the decision to call time.

Macrae looks to not have the fitness or decision making at senior level. He looks like he struggles to run games out.

No offence to Bytel, but why did we take him as a SSP? We should have just taken Long or Teakle...

AJ, Bytel, Macrae should never be picked again.

Frampton is a forward.
Markov is a defender.

Great games from Nick, Lachie, Cameron, Crisp.
Just goes to show the toll of the injuries. Players like Bytel with all due respect would be nowhere near the side if were will full strength. And then two defenders playing as forwards when two of our best key forwards are out injured.

Surprised we were even in front for most of the game

Fly stubbornly let Dale just accumulate across the half back all game.

then let Bont just do whatever he wanted in the 4th.
What would you have done differently?

A lot of the turnovers were from senior players, so it's hard to criticise our youngsters too much.

It would be easy to sit here and be critical but I won't.

Not surprised by the result, but like others thought we didn't attack more in the last quarter.

I thought the Dogs guns were just that little bit better. Bont, AT, and Dale especially.

Unfortunately, our bottom 6-8 players just didn't impact enough.

Still proud of the team. Gutsy effort.

AJ not getting subbed and shuffling Dean, Moore or Howe forward was a terrible decision.

IMO Moore should have gone forward as he would have been the most dangerous and was too interested in being loose down back anyway.

It’s very hard for a small handful of players to carry a full team for 4quarters. Ask the eagles!
Brave effort. Wasted some opportunities.
Wonder if all the Brayshaws will come for Darcy this week?
The way the game is officiated now just makes me angry and struggling to enjoy the sport!

Fly stubbornly let Dale just accumulate across the half back all game.

then let Bont just do whatever he wanted in the 4th.

All the mids were stuffed in the last.

Bont was doing a defensive job on Nick holding, straggling, tossing and buffeting him at every stoppage. Was making a b line for him every time.
Should of had Crisp or McCreery lay a few Sheppard's on him...yes hip and shoulder within 5m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH, I dont understand how anyone is criticising our coaches, or assistant coaches, or even our selectors on the basis of this performance. It is clear what happened.
in the last quarter, we didnt kick a goal. they overwhelmed us.
that is an outlier.
So why?
Because we had so many young guys thrown in at once. Normally, when you throw such young guys in, you have a scaffolding of mature, experienced players to support, direct, encourage them.
Tonight, there was no such scaffolding, due to the injury count.
Therefore, our top tier was unable to last the whole game, with insufficient team presence over the field to support them.
They had several out, but not as significant nor as many as we did.
The positive is that all our players who are totally drilled and committed to the team system.

Gutsy effort but poor goal kicking in Q1 and too many cooked youngsters in Q4 was the difference. Incredible effort really with 17 players unavailable.

I’m not sold on Dean at all and continue to wonder what the Fin Macrae fan club sees in him - no impact from his 11 touches and only 1 handball in Q4. Nowhere near good enough from a 4th year wannabe-midfielder.

Next week drop Dean, push Frampton back to defence and bring in Kreuger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dean shouldn’t be playing on someone the size of Lobb or Darcy. That should be Frampton’s job. Fly shat the bed.

Was it a coaching strategy to ‘park the bus’ in the last quarter? Or we just didn’t have the personnel or players out there to finish off? Our injuries have not just diluted our experience, they have taken away match winners.

Rest, recuperate and get ready for Melbourne. We still have Steven May to pay back for his disrespectful comments.🙃

Spot on.
Krueger gives nothing more than Johnson. Probably less.

We just don’t have the players available to win.

Kreuger hits packs.
Frampton to defence and Kreuger FF is far better set up than Frampton and AJ forward.

What would you have done differently?
My two cents, we needed to move the footy quicker and shorter and break it up.
We bombed long where Jones and co just killed us.
It was the only option with no height forward, spot up kicks from overlapping players inside 50 was the way to go but we played into their hands going long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12 = Collingwood 82-100 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back