Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL will be a laughing stock if this suspension doesn't get overturned.

Can you imagine showing that tackle to players and coaches in the NRL or Super Rugby and saying that tackle resulted in a one week suspension.

They would be shaking their heads in disbelief and laughing at how soft the AFL has become, this is supposed to be a contact sport FFS, not netball.
Totally beyond belief... I'm gobsmacked. You're right it's embarrassing. Now we have to tap someone on the shoulder first before a takle can be made. Excuse me Mr Blakey, would you mind terribly if I tackled you old chap, be a good fellow, Pip pip.

Totally beyond belief... I'm gobsmacked. You're right it's embarrassing. Now we have to tap someone on the shoulder first before a takle can be made. Excuse me Mr Blakey, would you mind terribly if I tackled you old chap, be a good fellow, Pip pip.

Run full tilt to make contest.
Stop.
Stand behind player looking to dispose.
"Excuse me sir, I am going to detain you now".

Rahane very lucky boi...

Blakey is an absolute grub, he should be suspended for having no awareness at all and the most ****ed up head in the afl, i don’t even think his parents would love him with a bonce like that

sqMfTqm.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a mental picture of Barry Hall , saying to Brent.

"Be a good chap and don't move, i'm taking a big wind up , and i'm about to smack that little glass jaw of yours as hard as i can."

I just had a mental picture of Barry Hall , saying to Brent.

"Be a good chap and don't move, i'm taking a big wind up , and i'm about to smack that little glass jaw of yours as hard as i can."
I went to school with a Staker lad... he was a rough as gut lol. Probably Brent's dad I went to school with Tex's dad Wayne too

Even if a tackle does cause injury it shouldn't be punished with a suspension unless there is intent to seriously hurt someone or malice in it.
Tackling, physicality, risk, courage and sacrifice are fabrics of the game you can't eliminate without killing the game.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
They effectively did it with the bump, if you choose to bump you’ll go unless there are extenuating circumstances.

At the very least if they did that with the tackle there would be some baseline that’s consistent.

When the NFL did it’s crackdown on roughing the passer the commentators took the absolute piss out of it, one segment they brough Kevin Hart out and he showed the only way to now tackle a QB, it involved a pillow and a blanket.

We’re not far off that.

To change the subject slightly:

re our one paced midfield - a Bailey Smith type would be ideal.

Now re Butler - still disgraceful & incomprehensible!

Attachments

• 117452_v9_ba.jpeg
    117452_v9_ba.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 53
I think some kind of stance is necessary. If the decision isn't overturned, everyone should turn their backs and fold their arms for the first minute of our next match.

I'll be doing it here in Japan. That'll learn them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To earn a gritty win on the road against last year's grand finalists to kickstart the second part of our season is a fantastic result. A really strong finish, the boys were pumped, hopefully the sort of away win that galvanises the team, brings 'em all that little bit closer, builds confidence and trust.

And the beauty of a win on Thursday night footy allows the pleasure of sitting back for the weekend able to enjoy what promises to be some great games. We're three games clear of Sydney after that, one game clear of sixth and seventh, and no new injuries as far as I'm aware. So a relatively stress free weekend of footy, not often that can be said as a Saints supporter. 😕😄
Watching bulldogs v port shows how unskilled our mids are. Just workhorses..

I hope we get Jack Thompson to present our case at the tribunal like he did in Breaker Morant.

Although it might end up with Butler being shot at dawn tomorrow rather than just copping a one week suspension.

You can see Butler’s hand which means he let go, so he hasn’t driven him or pinned his arm and has in fact shown great control in the tackle and therefore not careless at all.
Not only that, Blakey's arms are clearly not pinned, and he did not suffer a concussion - so how is this a dangerous tackle? I think the Monty Python crew are running the MRO because this makes about as much sense as acknowledging a man's right to gestate a foetus,......:dizzy:

Not only that, Blakey's arms are clearly not pinned, and he did not suffer a concussion - so how is this a dangerous tackle? I think the Monty Python crew are running the MRO because this makes about as much sense as acknowledging a man's right to gestate a foetus,......:dizzy:

It could also be noted that the umpire in question called other tackles "dangerous" during that game, which clearly were not.

Going by doc, I'm of belief MC went by literal instance.

Head hit ground = high
Umpire said "dangerous tackle" = medium
Did Butler intend to? No = careless

Job done, 2 minutes of reading, put the crayon away. Someone needs to really yeet him out a window and install a potato plugged to a lightbulb. Blink once if reportable, twice if just full of it, would have similar strike rate, probably better.

It could also be noted that the umpire in question called other tackles "dangerous" during that game, which clearly were not.

If it were me, I wouldn't bring player into it, I'd demand the officiating umpire and head of dept to explain each and every dangerous tackle call made in that match and let them dig their own grave in explanation on what sort of potential, what sort of action, in those moments what sort of danger was surmised to have occurred or thought of. I'd then give both a spade and sit down and watch the dumpsterfire.

Of course, they also wouldn't do it, because we all know it doesn't suit the narrative they're running with but I'd happily cop that fine in kaking both try to explain to each other their bullshit to each other.

Agree. It was a pleasure watching Harves and Nicky. They always looked for plugger and plugger did not disappoint. Feel so lucky to have seen these legends play live.
I was at the game at Moorabbin in 1991 against Adelaide when plugger returned and kicked 12.6. He got the rave reviews and rightly so. His mates Harves (39 disposals) and Cuz (33) put out the platter for him though.

I was at the game at Moorabbin in 1991 against Adelaide when plugger returned and kicked 12.6. He got the rave reviews and rightly so. His mates Harves (39 disposals) and Cuz (33) put out the platter for him though.
Was there as well

They were amazing time’s watching him

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back