Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re joking right. King grabs first and last. Arm and wrap first and full wrap last (which you could see on the 7 coverage but is obstructed by the goalpost).

Guys, let it go, your the only two people (there’s probably a handful of other one eyeds) who think it was the correct free kick. At the absolutely best it’s extremely soft.

We got a cheapy, who ****ing cares.
Yet the umpire was in a prime position to see the interaction so why didn't he pay the free against King?

Surely he saw King holding Andrew?

Yet the umpire was in a prime position to see the interaction so why didn't he pay the free against King?

Surely he saw King holding Andrew?
Didn’t the non officiating pay it?

Honestly mate, who gives a ****. We got a soft call and won, the afl and every non biased person with functioning eyes said it was a stuff up.

Honestly mate, who gives a ****. We got a soft call and won, the afl and every non biased person with functioning eyes said it was a stuff up.
The umpire closest to King & Andrew paid it

And I give a shit as King gets held constantly for no free and when he finally gets one where the opposition was clearly holding the AFL world is all pissed about it

I would be absolutely certain if that was a forward from a bigger club there would not be issue and the AFL would have ticked it off as being fine

Another reason why I give a shit

Curnow gets soft holding frees every week and the Media dont say jack

The umpire closest to King & Andrew paid it

And I give a shit as King gets held constantly for no free and when he finally gets one where the opposition was clearly holding the AFL world is all pissed about it

I would be absolutely certain if that was a forward from a bigger club there would not be issue and the AFL would have ticked it off as being fine

Another reason why I give a shit

Curnow gets soft holding frees every week and the Media dont say jack
Sure thing 👍

50/50.
Umpires are cooked enough as it is that no one has any idea WTF they're on at any given time.
AFL signing off on things is hardly proof of anything except that they have hands to hold a pen, and a hamster on a wheel to form a thought. Ever since Demetriou, they are slowly but surely killing the game with absurdity and blowing smoke up the wrong arses.

50/50.
Umpires are cooked enough as it is that no one has any idea WTF they're on at any given time.
AFL signing off on things is hardly proof of anything except that they have hands to hold a pen, and a hamster on a wheel to form a thought. Ever since Demetriou, they are slowly but surely killing the game with absurdity and blowing smoke up the wrong arses.
They’re not generally in the business of publically noting their umpires got it wrong though. Even less so when they actually got it right.

At least we now know why King doesn't lead - he's the only fwd in the league who thinks good fwd craft is to wrap his arms around his opponent to keep him close rather than push off him so he can lead.

The clear and obvious free that was paid to King stopped the AFL's golden child from supposedly getting a win and hindered their chances of playing Finals and of course we can't be having that

If Hardwick says its not fair then it must not be fair

Smack across the wrist and a warning for the umpire and the AFL on record saying that Gold Coast were robbed of a win and not just a win ... an away win they throughly deserved.

Don't worry Suns supporters ... the AFL will get you into the Finals eventually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clear and obvious free that was paid to King stopped the AFL's golden child from supposedly getting a win and hindered their chances of playing Finals and of course we can't be having that

If Hardwick says its not fair then it must not be fair

Smack across the wrist and a warning for the umpire and the AFL on record saying that Gold Coast were robbed of a win and not just a win ... an away win they throughly deserved.

Don't worry Suns supporters ... the AFL will get you into the Finals eventually
There was actually a Suns supporter seated a couple of rows in front of us up in the Medallion Club seating area who was cheering the umpires at one point in about the third quarter.

Naturally I cheered very loudly for the umpires as well, immediately after Ming kicked the final goal.

It seemed the right thing to do, after all.

The Yeo free was more contentious than the King free but hey it got North the win when it looked likely they could go through the season winless ... so all good .... nothing to see here
Yeo - disgraceful free kick - absolutely clueless!

You’re joking right. King grabs first and last. Arm and wrap first and full wrap last (which you could see on the 7 coverage but is obstructed by the goalpost).

Guys, let it go, your the only two people (there’s probably a handful of other one eyeds) who think it was the correct free kick. At the absolutely best it’s extremely soft.

We got a cheapy, who ****ing cares.
What the christ are you on about. King is trying to push past Andrew there, there is no grab of jumper or arms around like youre claiming and your last "hold" is King literally trying to get AROUND him to actually then contest the ball.

Membrey has the ball 100 meters away and is looking for a target at the 50 line, which he sees in Henry and whilst hitting him up King is rightfully trying to push back to the goal square to then lead out at the next ball carrier. Its one of the better passages of play we made on Saturday as it will be into an open forward line where King has a genuine one on one. Mac Andrew is a very good defender, KNOWS this and also knows that by putting contact on early and delaying King he can delay our inside 50 until more numbers are back. He blocks his run, holds him up and turns him around away from the passage of play and got pinged for it. Most of the time defenders don't get pinged for it which is why they do it.

You know why I care? Because King is routinely shat on around here for laziness and inability to lead then when we actually get a call our way from one of the many holds and blocks he cops every game a lot of people arc up about how unfair that decision is and bullshit about "gold coast being robbed".

What the christ are you on about. King is trying to push past Andrew there, there is no grab of jumper or arms around like youre claiming and your last "hold" is King literally trying to get AROUND him to actually then contest the ball.

Membrey has the ball 100 meters away and is looking for a target at the 50 line, which he sees in Henry and whilst hitting him up King is rightfully trying to push back to the goal square to then lead out at the next ball carrier. Its one of the better passages of play we made on Saturday as it will be into an open forward line where King has a genuine one on one. Mac Andrew is a very good defender, KNOWS this and also knows that by putting contact on early and delaying King he can delay our inside 50 until more numbers are back. He blocks his run, holds him up and turns him around away from the passage of play and got pinged for it. Most of the time defenders don't get pinged for it which is why they do it.

You know why I care? Because King is routinely shat on around here for laziness and inability to lead then when we actually get a call our way from one of the many holds and blocks he cops every game a lot of people arc up about how unfair that decision is and bullshit about "gold coast being robbed".
Kings trying to get around Andrew not push past him, in doing so he grabs to turn, if you’ve ever done any sort of grappling or wrestling (which King has) it’s called pummeling.

They both grab and jostle, the afls explanation which mirrors just about every other non biased supporter is they both grab and jostle and therefore it should have been play on.

If you wanna argue about the 50 other frees he didn’t get that’s fine, this one wasn’t there and it’s only the most staunchly one eyed saints fans saying otherwise.

The Yeo call was harsh af but the new interpretation ticks it off. I can’t say I like it but that one is in line with how they’ve called a lot (noting HTB is still the most inconsistent rule in the afl).

The Sicily/Green one similar but ultimately Green shouldn’t have put himself in that position.

King is running back trying to get around Andrew, he initiates contact and grabs him to turn him, Andrew grabs back.

The funny thing in all this is without a free King probably should have gotten the ball anyway, he had practically the entire 50 and a ball carrier with zero pressure.

I've said it before , but what pisses me off is a game plan that has us dominating throughout, and we get to the last five minutes and ANY random event can make the game go either way.
In this case we were lucky.
Next time, who knows.

Kings trying to get around Andrew not push past him, in doing so he grabs to turn, if you’ve ever done any sort of grappling or wrestling (which King has) it’s called pummeling.

They both grab and jostle, the afls explanation which mirrors just about every other non biased supporter is they both grab and jostle and therefore it should have been play on.

If you wanna argue about the 50 other frees he didn’t get that’s fine, this one wasn’t there and it’s only the most staunchly one eyed saints fans saying otherwise.

The Yeo call was harsh af but the new interpretation ticks it off. I can’t say I like it but that one is in line with how they’ve called a lot (noting HTB is still the most inconsistent rule in the afl).

The Sicily/Green one similar but ultimately Green shouldn’t have put himself in that position.

King is running back trying to get around Andrew, he initiates contact and grabs him to turn him, Andrew grabs back.

The funny thing in all this is without a free King probably should have gotten the ball anyway, he had practically the entire 50 and a ball carrier with zero pressure.

For someone that is routinely and consistently invested in putting this conversation to an end, you sure know how to continue to keep this conversation alive and defend your POV lol.

I’m with countless others on here, vision clearly shows King being held at start and ends, only time he retaliates with contact is to get free so he can make a lead at the ball.

If you’re going to hang your hat on hey AFL have come out and publicly outed their ump, why would they do that, you clearly haven’t been following the same politicised and corporatised footy league that myself and others have been watching for decades. I wonder why the AFL would try regain a shred of integrity against St Kilda of all clubs for what’s a soft free kick in the dying stages of the matches. Whether it’s soft or not at the end of the day is moot, it’s a free kick.

For someone that is routinely and consistently invested in putting this conversation to an end, you sure know how to continue to keep this conversation alive and defend your POV lol.

I’m with countless others on here, vision clearly shows King being held at start and ends, only time he retaliates with contact is to get free so he can make a lead at the ball.

If you’re going to hang your hat on hey AFL have come out and publicly outed their ump, why would they do that, you clearly haven’t been following the same politicised and corporatised footy league that myself and others have been watching for decades. I wonder why the AFL would try regain a shred of integrity against St Kilda of all clubs for what’s a soft free kick in the dying stages of the matches. Whether it’s soft or not at the end of the day is moot, it’s a free kick.
Yeh it’s a big ol conspiracy to appease the 14 Gold Coast supporters.

That makes WAY more sense than the umpire just got it wrong.

I’d love to see all the defenders of this call if it went the other way.

Yeh it’s a big ol conspiracy to appease the 14 Gold Coast supporters.

That makes WAY more sense than the umpire just got it wrong.

I’d love to see all the defenders of this call if it went the other way.
Then why didn't it go the other way if King was holding Andrew?

Maybe because he didn't hold Andrew?

Why did King get the free kick and not Andrew?

I know we’re critical of our clearance work, particularly Ro’s centre clearance dump kicks but I watched a fair bit of footy this week and there were dump links all over the place. Wonder how many there were over each game this round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back