Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

its adorable that you think its for the GC supporters

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s adorable you think anyone would gaf about the free kick outside of saints and gc fans. Short of north were the two most irrelevant clubs in the caper.

Think it’s been said a few times, including by the games governing body, because they got it wrong.
But the vision of Andrew with his arms around holding King says otherwise..... the umpire was looking straight at them ..... the AFL even confirmed that Andrew had his arms around King ..... how can that not be a hold? How can it be wrong?

McBurney said ..... We totally understand why he's paid it because he has seen arms around

So it's ok put your arms around your opponent and impede him .... as long as its not tooooo much :tearsofjoy:

But the vision of Andrew with his arms around holding King says otherwise..... the umpire was looking straight at them ..... the AFL even confirmed that Andrew had his arms around King ..... how can that not be a hold? How can it be wrong?

McBurney said ..... We totally understand why he's paid it because he has seen arms around

So it's ok put your arms around your opponent and impede him .... as long as its not tooooo much :tearsofjoy:
Ahhh yeh, happens hundreds of times a game, max did it here and didn’t have free paid against him. Assume this is the first game of footy you’ve ever seen? All makes sense now.

Ahhh yeh, happens hundreds of times a game, max did it here and didn’t have free paid against him. Assume this is the first game of footy you’ve ever seen? All makes sense now.
There is no clear vision of Max putting his arms around Andrew as Andrew clearly did to Max

The ump had a clear view and the AFL confirmed that the umpire saw Andrew with his arms around Max

Weird that you are backing the AFL on this

Curnow gets soft holding frees every week and AFL and Media never say a word

Interesting that the AFL comment of the King free kick but not the knee to Hill's head 15m out from goal ...... Hardwick had a whinge ..... HQ act on it ..... Lyon references the Hill incident and HQ don't say a word

Yeh it’s a big ol conspiracy to appease the 14 Gold Coast supporters.

That makes WAY more sense than the umpire just got it wrong.

I’d love to see all the defenders of this call if it went the other way.

Yeah, because GC are clearly the only club with hands in the pie when it comes to integrity of the game. Bigger picture mate.

Well, if it was as simple as the ump just got it wrong, it’s there clear and day in vision which many posters have rebutted to you, it hasn’t just been one or two other posters, so power to you to keep having that argument lol.

The best thing about the Mac Andrew free kick is that if we get in to close games from here on, hopefully defenders get a bit hesitant to impede Mings run.

How good was the Higgins block to give Max a clear run at the ball, for a mark and goal. When Higgins was serving his suspension I’ll bet big Maxxy missed him the most.

I thought we butchered a few gimmes in this game. Butler early, Hill late.

And had a few moments go against us. Like Woods goal being recalled for the Henry block (which was softer than the Mac Andrew hold).

We may not be executing well, or finishing well but I thought we looked braver than the GC with our ball movement and run. And I thought it was the closest thing to a four quarter effort we’ve seen all year.

I’m tending to think that if we can keep the effort levels up, keep players like Dow and Clark injury free and playing together then there’s a chance we can start to string together some better transitions and play some more appealing football.

It’s adorable you think anyone would gaf about the free kick outside of saints and gc fans. Short of north were the two most irrelevant clubs in the caper.
its adorable you think its even about saints.

the whole point is that their pet is irrelevant. they dont want that.

they want the teams they have spent millions on to be incredibly relevant.

picking up what im putting down here, knackers?

catching what im throwing, buddy?

digging up what im burying, chief?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even more the reason why it’s an easy win (or loss if you want to apply the lens of competence) for the AFL in their pursuit of the public’s perception of integrity.

As you’ve noted, no one really cares if Suns/ Saints lose a match by a free kick. However, the AFL sure as hell wants an easy win to protect their brand of integrity by coming out and saying a soft free isn’t a free, one of their ump’s (who probably gets paid 5 bags of squirrel nuts a game) got it wrong and their brand gets an easy boost which has been dented all year(s) for accumulating reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we’re critical of our clearance work, particularly Ro’s centre clearance dump kicks but I watched a fair bit of footy this week and there were dump links all over the place. Wonder how many there were over each game this round

Should be a new stat.
DK's

The absurdity of this shit is truly wild stuff.

If that got paid at the other end and it cost us the game you’d all be frothing at the mouth.

That’s the whole point.

Don’t deny us our right to be tribal in our own village.

Watching the first qtr again. We dominated.

Defended well, rebounded well and won clearances.

But **** me. We butchered our opportunities. 3 times we burnt blokes who could have had a set shot, fumbled and missed targets and Collins saved them 2 or 3 times as well.

Could’ve easily been 6 goals up at qtr time.

The gameplan is fine. That was purely skill errors and decision making going forward. I think when we don’t put scoreboard pressure we invite pressure the other way and in turn lose our confidence to keep attacking.

Tidy this up, get on a run and we’ll be fine.

Let’s also not forget that in patches against Pies, GWS and Richmond we kicked 4-5 goals in row quickly and got red hot. At the moment it’s just not clicking.

I’m fine with being one eyed if you admit your one eyed, I’ve done it from time to time.

I’m more an eyes wide shut type.

I’m in your camp it should have been play on. But I was intensely happy he got the free for lots of reasons.

We were on our way to goal anyway when the call came in.

Result was never in doubt, we deserved the win as much as the coast and we were due.

I’m more an eyes wide shut type.

I’m in your camp it should have been play on. But I was intensely happy he got the free for lots of reasons.

We were on our way to goal anyway when the call came in.

Result was never in doubt, we deserved the win as much as the coast and we were due.
Agree with all of this.

Kings trying to get around Andrew not push past him, in doing so he grabs to turn, if you’ve ever done any sort of grappling or wrestling (which King has) it’s called pummeling.

They both grab and jostle, the afls explanation which mirrors just about every other non biased supporter is they both grab and jostle and therefore it should have been play on.

If you wanna argue about the 50 other frees he didn’t get that’s fine, this one wasn’t there and it’s only the most staunchly one eyed saints fans saying otherwise.

The Yeo call was harsh af but the new interpretation ticks it off. I can’t say I like it but that one is in line with how they’ve called a lot (noting HTB is still the most inconsistent rule in the afl).

The Sicily/Green one similar but ultimately Green shouldn’t have put himself in that position.

King is running back trying to get around Andrew, he initiates contact and grabs him to turn him, Andrew grabs back.

The funny thing in all this is without a free King probably should have gotten the ball anyway, he had practically the entire 50 and a ball carrier with zero pressure.
This is the very first frame/bit of footage possible of that passage where King running towards goal. Andrew stands in his way, grabs him and eventually turns him entirely around. There is no wrestling, this is a defender blocking his opponent in every way he could have at the time.
1718028562958.png
1718028330529.png

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that King and Andrew were just standing there and King decides to just start wrestling him out the way when he began his run BEFORE Andrew started impeding him.

This is the very first frame/bit of footage possible of that passage where King running towards goal. Andrew stands in his way, grabs him and eventually turns him entirely around. There is no wrestling, this is a defender blocking his opponent in every way he could have at the time.
View attachment 2016562
View attachment 2016561

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that King and Andrew were just standing there and King decides to just start wrestling him out the way when he began his run BEFORE Andrew started impeding him.
I’m under no minsunderstanding. At all.

This has been a lot of fun y’all.

I’ll say one more thing on it cause what else am I gonna do watching twins at midnight, then I’ll leave it cause we’re all just burning data at this point.

Which is more likely.

The umpires, who everyone has acknowledge we’re utterly deplorable all night, got overzealous on the whistle and ****ed up (again) in paying a holding free kick that just should never have been paid, the afl, acknowledging that because it was so late, in a close game, reviewed it and agreed with nearly all the experts, pundits and nuetrals that it was the wrong decision, and because 2 other games had similar contraversial calls late in close games released a statement acknowledging it was wrong.

OR

It’s all part of some elaborate conspiracy to legitimize a team that nobody gives a **** about by eating their own employees who they are at pains to tell us are excellent and should be respected and not abused to look at a correct decision an umpire made and come out publically and throw them under the bus by lying and saying it was incorrect.

I cant speak for the AFL but considering how generally incompetent they are its not surprising they would tick off on the Yeo blunder but then get the Andrew free kick wrong considering the mountain of evidence for it being the right decision. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back