Game Day Round 13, 2024 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What did the buffalo say to his son? Bison.
The father is informing his son of his sexual orientation? I find this interaction lacking further exposition.

When looking at the draw for all teams above us on the ladder, many of those teams appear to have harder runs home that we do.
Essendon in particular have a very hard run home.
Couple of teams have slightly easier runs in Geelong and Freo.
But overall, quite hard draws for most teams.
We definitely need to win this game that’s no question. If we can manage a win and gain some confidence over the next couple of weeks anything is possible now we have some cattle back in the team.
I know many are up in arms over Harry Sharp being dropped but is he really best 22 even with the players we still have out? I have serious doubts.

make no mistake this is a final for us
You can save that post and repeat in every Game Day thread for the remainder of the year... until it's mathematically impossible to make the finals.
Assuming we do manage to make finals, I really hope you repeat the line in the finals game day thread(s).

When looking at the draw for all teams above us on the ladder, many of those teams appear to have harder runs home that we do.
Essendon in particular have a very hard run home.
Couple of teams have slightly easier runs in Geelong and Freo.
But overall, quite hard draws for most teams.
We definitely need to win this game that’s no question. If we can manage a win and gain some confidence over the next couple of weeks anything is possible now we have some cattle back in the team.
I know many are up in arms over Harry Sharp being dropped but is he really best 22 even with the players we still have out? I have serious doubts.
Tbh it's like we are getting a message from Fagan in regard to wanting to play a more non contested style , but the guy won't pick a team that will run to be in those positions to take those connecting marks or wrap arounds, run and make space etc..
How many games do we just look like we are stuck in cement , no run at all, f..k all movement, ok maybe when we have a break forward, yes that is a given. That just leads to a dump kick.
Also Sharp is a great cover defender ,which is so rare in this side. All I can say is we better hope someone like Bailey picks up the slack, he is capable , but I have lost faith in him when it comes to defending , but we need him to be the guy that makes an effort to stop the oppositions flow.
I mean until we get back into finals or start playing players that give a toss it's hard to be enthusiastic.

Predicting/hoping for Joe and Hippy to have big games

Both should be fired up after the fallout from the last bulldogs game and hippy having had the extra week off

Hoping for a more clinical forward line this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh it's like we are getting a message from Fagan in regard to wanting to play a more non contested style , but the guy won't pick a team that will run to be in those positions to take those connecting marks or wrap arounds, run and make space etc..
How many games do we just look like we are stuck in cement , no run at all, f..k all movement, ok maybe when we have a break forward, yes that is a given. That just leads to a dump kick.
Also Sharp is a great cover defender ,which is so rare in this side. All I can say is we better hope someone like Bailey picks up the slack, he is capable , but I have lost faith in him when it comes to defending , but we need him to be the guy that makes an effort to stop the oppositions flow.
I mean until we get back into finals or start playing players that give a toss it's hard to be enthusiastic.
I'll be enthusiastic if we win tonight. That would prove to me we still have a pulse (regardless of who is missing in the opposition side).

Not super confident heading to the game. Just hoping for some real intensity and maybe some players to prove me wrong and come out firing after the bye.

The dogs forward line is hanging on by a thread but I just feel their midfield will be too strong and run too hard.

Sitting in GA tonight, any word if there is a Brisbane bay to head to?

We'll probably stick Wilmot on the defensive wing and he'll do what Sharp managed to do and more

We've also had Ah Chee and Kai pushing well up the ground to cover as well

And none of these games consistently shank their kicks. Give Sharp some more time to develop

Not super confident heading to the game. Just hoping for some real intensity and maybe some players to prove me wrong and come out firing after the bye.

The dogs forward line is hanging on by a thread but I just feel their midfield will be too strong and run too hard.

Sitting in GA tonight, any word if there is a Brisbane bay to head to?
Lions Supporters’ Area → Level 1, Aisle 2

...and the rest of GA:
Level 1 Aisles 8+9
Level 3

More than hopeful tonight.

We look very strong in defence vs their forwards.

Oscar needs a big game and of course we need to turn up , which you wouldn't think should be a problem given where we are with a week's rest.

Oscar needs a big game and of course we need to turn up , which you wouldn't think should be a problem given where we are with a week's rest.

I like Andrews getting freed up on Lobb and Payne over JUH in the air but he'll have to be careful at ground level and be switched on

Unfortunately our problem hasn’t been defence… it’s getting it through the goals at the other end.

Nothing wrong with hope! 😅

It’s all on the line tonight really.
If the players can’t lift for this game then there are some serious problems that need to be addressed.

But having said that, imo the team selected is the best one that can be put on the park at this point in time, in a must win game.
If we do not win tonight and the attitude and intensity is not at a level required then changes need to be made because we are then looking towards next year, not this one.

I have found it very dangerous going into a game this year with hope.

It’s all on the line tonight really.
If the players can’t lift for this game then there are some serious problems that need to be addressed.

But having said that, imo the team selected is the best one that can be put on the park at this point in time, in a must win game.
If we do not win tonight and the attitude and intensity is not at a level required then changes need to be made because we are then looking towards next year, not this one.
your patience is better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back