If Geelong are the bench mark then we look about 10 goals off the pace

Our hopes of top 4 might have just been flushed down the toilet

The positives:

No injuries

Bye coming up so we get a rest

We will hopefully get some players back

Still should play finals

Still a young side with plenty of up side

Let's face it, when we face a real test, we fail. Don't know what it is, but we just can't handle it.

Tonight, we didn't apply any pressure at all on Geelong. The amount of coast to coast goals was a joke. Can't remember us sticking many tackles in their backline and more often than not, they were allowed to just waltz on down to the forward line.

The bye has come at a good time. After tonight, I don't really want to think about footy again for a little while.

I guess on a positive note, we won't be taken as a serious threat now, so perhaps we'll fly under the radar a bit more.

Oh, get Wood, JJ and Boyd back in that side.

Last edited:
Our worst game of the season in the sense that they toyed with us from the first bounce. A lot of players well down tonight and inexperienced where they were in awe of the opposition.

Just before anyone says it, if you want Jong dropped after this match, then you're dropping 90% of the team with him. That probably includes dropping a fair few guys before he gets dropped, too. Not exactly saying he was great. But there were others that were either worse or had the same type of game.

I thought Dunkley and Williams were good. Daniel again was great. Morris and Adams, solid. Umm.. Yep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, and Fletcher Roberts is ****ing shit. I've never had such little faith in a bloke with ball in hand. Doesn't win the wrestles, doesn't judge the ball well.

Always said that from 2017 is where we need to bring it together. 9-4 is not awful but we have a long way to go yet

The one thing I hate more than anything and I will cop it for this but whenever this team is pathetic like tonight we all roll out the oh well we are young crap. Can we stop making excuses when our effort is pathetic.

Didn't work hard enough
Werent tough enough
Werent composed enough

Why is it every other club get players and they bulk up so quickly yet every player we get have very little definition in muscle. We have struggled to stick tackles for years now

Goal kicking has been pathetic the last two years

I know I said it in the game thread, but Suckling had a good game. His kicking was spot on, created some good defensive pressure, kicked a nice goal. I reckon he was probably our bes- least worst. I'd probably go Suckling, Macrae and Williams being in our best in that order. Morris and Adams were ok. Beyond those guys? Yeah. Don't have to say much.

Well, shit. A fair old shellacking from the Cats. Well played, you smug campaigners, well played.
We looked disorganised for much of the game, and skills hit a new low for this year.
Outcoached and outplayed (and undermanned, yes, Wood and Dahlhaus were missed tonight).
Disappointing that we serve that shit up on Sat night on the TV, too.

You can't just replace talent, the team that was out there tonight is a mid table side. The effort wasn't good enough but inexperienced teams are next to no chance of beating a contender without so many important players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13... cats 16.4 def Dogs 5.13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back