Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

The inverse of the Dunning Kreuger effect… or at least not the commonly cited part thereof.
I may be DK'ing on the DK: but it's the whole curve, right? So the more you know, the more aware you are of what you don’t know? My understanding is this applies to at least part of the curve. I wasn't actually trying to use it correctly though, I'm aware I don't know it well enough to do that 😃.

I may be DK'ing on the DK: but it's the whole curve, right? So the more you know, the more aware you are of what you don’t know? My understanding is this applies to at least part of the curve. I wasn't actually trying to use it correctly though, I'm aware I don't know it well enough to do that .

Haha yes you are correct.

I did a poor job explaining that my increasing awareness of my ignorance is the inverse of the commonly referred-to aspect of the Dunning-Kruger effect; that those who are ignorant are generally unaware of their own ignorance.

But as you say, it is a progression in line with knowledge acquisition towards eventually becoming expert.

EDIT: The way I prefer to think of it;

images

Last edited:
Actually Howe is an excellent demonstration of how players without cracked ribs are able to continue, and in Petracca’s case how players with rib fractures are not able to play on.

Howe did not have multiple rib fractures from the Grand Final. That has already been debunked.

Oh has it?

Did I say fractured? Or cracked? I can’t even remember now

I once worked with a guy who described himself as ..... wait for it........ "a world expert".

He and his unfortunate wife are now living on some remote island and as far as I'm aware the world couldn't give a rat's ar#e

Yikes, sounds like a “life coach”.

Would be a nice full circle in terms of progress.

We missed out on Tom Lynch whose parents were Legends members etc.

To then land Logan McDonald a Pies fan growing up would be just lovely.

I think he is most likely just boosting up his numbers. Although we have given them Tay Tay.

What would we need to give up to get Logan? Could part of the deal be agreeing to play Opening Round in Sydney for a number of years? Would that sweeten things?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is most likely just boosting up his numbers. Although we have given them Tay Tay.

What would we need to give up to get Logan? Could part of the deal be agreeing to play Opening Round in Sydney for a number of years? Would that sweeten things?
He's OOC. A future first would get it done if he really wants to come. If he's hell bent on getting to the Pies, he could threaten to go to the PSD

He's OOC. A future first would get it done if he really wants to come. If he's hell bent on getting to the Pies, he could threaten to go to the PSD

Could be right.

Or do you think this is the Swans showing the AFL that they need the COLA ?

Could be right.

Or do you think this is the Swans showing the AFL that they need the COLA ?
If LM doesn't sign for the Swans in the next few weeks, there's a good chance their might be some truth to it. If we here that he's putting off contract talks till the end of the year, then we can start to get excited. We don't know what's happening in the background. LM might not like living in Sydney, who knows but where there's smoke, there's fire

If he was adamant he wanted to come to us they'll have to eat a shit sandwich and get a deal done

Astonishing comments from Laura Kane in this interview with Whately. The obfuscation and butt-covering border on sickening. It was obvious to anyone watching the game that Petracca shouldn’t have been on the field. You really have to question whether she (and Dillon for that matter) are up to the job.

IMO that’s the public face of it.
Behind closed doors might be a different story.

“All I know is we don’t have him for a long time. I daresay if we’re in the pointy end — I’m talking Prelim or Grand Final — it’s going to be hard to say he can’t play.”
Gawn is still going the hard sell to the members… denial ain’t just a river in Egypt.

Haha...they'd still put the bloke out on the field. They've learnt nothing.

I was more shocked that Gawn thought they could make a prelim, playing as they are and now without Petracca they’ll be very hard pressed to make finals at all.

Granted not all teams have played the same number of games, but they are currently in 11th!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back