Round 13 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Being the difference maker in probably the biggest H&A game of the season so far >>>>>>>>>> Being consistently pretty good.
I rate him and I'd be happy if Elliott got it, but let's not get too carried away. Difference maker? Would everyone be jizzing this much over his performance if you take away the couple of speccies?

There's no way he was better than T-Mac imo, but it was a much bigger game so he'll get it.

I rate him and I'd be happy if Elliott got it, but let's not get too carried away. Difference maker? Would everyone be jizzing this much over his performance if you take away the couple of speccies?

There's no way he was better than T-Mac imo, but it was a much bigger game so he'll get it.

Elliot was as close to being the difference in the end as anybody on the ground. I think he had the second most SC points in the last, beaten only by Dean Cox.

And no, if you took out the best part of his game on the day I doubt people would be 'jizzing over his performance'. Same could be said of Lance Franklin's 13 goals if you took away the 13 goals.
Collingwood would've lost yesterday without Elliot's last quarter in my opinion, we were all over them. They would've hardly got it forward of centre without him.

Elliot deserves it this week, McDonald will inevitably get the nod before the season is out though. The eye towards consistency will come into play in a week when there really isn't any stand out performers, that week isn't now though.

Well, I get what you are saying but I just dont think matches against GWS should really tell you who is actualy any good.

Jason Gillespie had a batting average of 247 against Bangladesh, but he wasnt the best batsman since Bradman.

I agree T Mac has been ok to good, and would be a deserving nominee at some point, just not sure this week adds anything to the analysis.

Elliot deserves it this week, McDonald will inevitably get the nod before the season is out though. The eye towards consistency will come into play in a week when there really isn't any stand out performers, that week isn't now though.
Worked for Alex Johnson last year. ;)

Jamie Elliot stood up against a tide and took mark after mark at crucial moments in what could be labelled the biggest game of the year so far..

He continually took pressure off in a high intensity game against opposition far more experienced.

Unfortunately he will probably not get a nomination, because the rising star nominations at this stage of the year are more of a "runs on the board" nomination, and he doesn't have many.. I'd say treloar or Adams will get it.

All I can say is Elliott has a great set of dukes for somebody 177 cm his three contested marks in the last quarter were huge. Elliott also ended up with the most contested marks on the ground, may have to give Clokey some lessons.

All I can say is Elliott has a great set of dukes for somebody 177 cm his three contested marks in the last quarter were huge. Elliott also ended up with the most contested marks on the ground, may have to give Clokey some lessons.

That mark he took when he handballed off the Sidebottom was very good. Makes me really happy that it looks like Collingwood has found another gem.

Im not sure if he has a nomination or not, but Shaun Atley played well. Been pretty good over the last few weeks (the only shining light for about 2 months).

Im not sure if he has a nomination or not, but Shaun Atley played well. Been pretty good over the last few weeks (the only shining light for about 2 months).
Shaun Atley isn't eligible - He played 16 games last year.

And hopefully Elliott can get the nomination to raise awareness about the second "L" and "T" in his name - I get the feeling we're going to endure 10 years of "Elliot", "Eliot" and "Eliott"

Jamie went close a couple of times to taking fine telling marks in his first couple of games, one hopes that these marks in his 4th game at the top level are showing an increased comfort and adjustment to the pace and demands at the top level of the game.

Shaun Atley isn't eligible - He played 16 games last year.

And hopefully Elliott can get the nomination to raise awareness about the second "L" and "T" in his name - I get the feeling we're going to endure 10 years of "Elliot", "Eliot" and "Eliott"

Watching that last quarter saturday arvo, kept saying "is that that little prick again?". He looks like he is about 13 years old so the contested marks look even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't blown away by Tom McDonald's game yesterday but for consistency he probably deserves it.

If a GWS player gets nominated it should be Greene. Was better than Adams or Treloar on Sunday for mine and has been better all season.

Only watched our game, but Jamie Elliott definitely put his hand up, and high.

Watched a fair chunk of 5 games and I agree.

The stats are not showing it but impact on a big match and be a big rerason Collnigwood got over the line. There have been many so/so rounds for the rising star this year this is one of the better perfomances of the year from this crop.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/139524/default.aspx

Congrats Tom Mac.
Deserved to get a nomination.
Still a little baffled at what else Elliot could have done to get a nod though. As good as Tom played he did play against GWS, consistency rewarded. However I was under the assumption the rising star was the best youngester of the round, and for me biased or not that was Jamie Elliot. I guess melbourne need some sort of shinning light this year and well this Kid Tommy is one of them. Will poll well at years end.

Well done Tommy Mac. Well deserved. Not only did he play a good game on the weekend he has played consistently as a key back all year. He has also shown his versatility in playing on a guy like Garlett. The nomination tends to go to someone who has played consistently well at this time of year. I thought he was stiff not to get the nomination earlier and was beaten by someone who didn't necessarily play better but had been playing well over the year Well done!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back