Preview 2024 Round 13: Swans v Cats (a fast preview's a good preview)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, Paul Bevan... Sean Dempster... all we need is a Nic Fosdike mention and we have the holy trinity of quiet Swans achievers

Geez, Paul Bevan... Sean Dempster... all we need is a Nic Fosdike mention and we have the holy trinity of quiet Swans achievers
Sorry caesar88, but the holy trinity cannot be mentioned without paying due homage to the Grand Poobah of quiet achievers, Mr Nick Smith.

Who, if he was playing this week, would blanket Gryan Miers so completely that post-game scribes would question if Miers even took to the field.

Sorry caesar88, but the holy trinity cannot be mentioned without paying due homage to the Grand Poobah of quiet achievers, Mr Nick Smith.

Who, if he was playing this week, would blanket Gryan Miers so completely that post-game scribes would question if Miers even took to the field.

I’m going further back and nominating Rowan Warfe .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Smith transcended quiet achiever status. He's too revered for the title of quiet achiever. I mean, a quiet achiever can't be named an All Australian!

Nick Smith transcended quiet achiever status. He's too revered for the title of quiet achiever. I mean, a quiet achiever can't be named an All Australian!
Sean Dempster was named an All Australian in 2012.

If we’re including AA named players as quiet achievers, I’ll add Craig Bolton happily to the list. I think there would be a lot of Swans fans who forget that he actually won an AA selection, so quiet are his achievements.

If we aren’t, I’ll add Marty Mattner.

Anthony Hudson, Mark Howard, Jordan Lewis, David King, Alastair Lynch

Paul Bevan is a great call. He was a gun.

Going back a bit further... I'd like to nominate Darren Kappler. Beautiful kick and always good for a long goal or 2 from the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyways...

Worried about how the boys will adjust to the new HTB rule.

Reckon gonna get caught a lot this week.
I might be alone here but I reckon as a high pressure, strong tackling team it might even work in our favour. Apparently over the weekend just gone turnovers were up by about 14%. This is a good thing for us.

I might be alone here but I reckon as a high pressure, strong tackling team it might even work in our favour. Apparently over the weekend just gone turnovers were up by about 14%. This is a good thing for us.

Depends which end of the HTB rule we get.

Always a bit of an adjustment period

Justin McInerney & Will Hayward's disposal averages could increase by about 5 here if this new rule is as big as it's been made out to be

It does in that sense, but opposition quick hands inside and getting out the back has also been an achilles heel for us against the better contest teams. The ball was flying around hot last weekend. It's only going to make teams better at using the ball quickly, whereas we're already pretty good at it but not necessarily great at getting first hands on it. i'm nervous.

We're also a big risk at getting done by higher turnovers. v richmond and essendon we left a big hole between the centre circle and oppo 50 for them to work into. Better teams would have picked us off. Geelong are very good at using that part of the ground so will be an interesting test.

Just occurred to me from your post that Luke Vogels to Paul Bevan in 2005 is Tommy Walsh to Mitch Morton in 2012.

I mean, it’s not a perfect like for like but it’s something!
I remember being so excited about Walsh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back