Preview 2024 Round 13: Swans v Cats (a fast preview's a good preview)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m less stressed than usual for such a big game.

It’s because with this team, even if/when we get off to a poor start, we seem composed and confident enough to grind away and work ourselves back into the game… and then come over the top of the opposition in the 2nd half.

Once again, if we bring the pressure, I think we’ll win, and by at least a few goals 👍🙏

Rodgers And Hammerstein June GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to the Rookie in Red & White podcast, which is a fun listen as it's a mad Swans fan introducing his girlfriend (or wife?? can't remember...) to footy and the Swans. So her perspectives are kinda unsophisticated in a footy sense, but that's what makes them interesting.

She made a comment that she'd noticed a trend over the year so far that the Swans seem to play off the opponent's energy, so when the opposition is going well, it seems to fire us up to match that energy and then surpass it.

I think this is a great quality to have, and I'm glad we've shown to have it in spades so far, but in a grand final scenario - as we know all too well - you've gotta be able to bring the intensity from the very start, regardless of how the other team's going. So I'd like to see us really turn up to show we are the best from the opening bounce this week, rather than wait for the other team to fire a decent shot before we decide to prove it.

I work in a school in very country Victoria.
200 kids.
Amazing to have 3 staff other than me as Swans supporters.
Luke asked me how we would go this week, he is always worried. I said we need to go beast mode on their mids. Warner, Heeney, Rowbottom, Adams...we need to monster them like they did to us in the GF I have forgotton about. This battle is the key. If we monster them or meet them in the middle we will win.
Further more, I believe that the confidence of a win over Geelong will set us up with the confidence, and more importantly, the belief that we truly can beat anyone this year.
This game is critical to confirm our belief that we can take on anyone and beat them.

I work in a school in very country Victoria.
200 kids.
Amazing to have 3 staff other than me as Swans supporters.
Luke asked me how we would go this week, he is always worried. I said we need to go beast mode on their mids. Warner, Heeney, Rowbottom, Adams...we need to monster them like they did to us in the GF I have forgotton about. This battle is the key. If we monster them or meet them in the middle we will win.
Further more, I believe that the confidence of a win over Geelong will set us up with the confidence, and more importantly, the belief that we truly can beat anyone this year.
This game is critical to confirm our belief that we can take on anyone and beat them.

yes indeed, the psychological part of this game is huge ... in terms of the result on the day and for what it means into the second half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back