Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

The situation doesn't get any clearer, well a little, Johnson is safe.

Swans

B: N.Smith, T.Richards, A.Johnson
HB: T.Kennelly, H.Grundy, M.Mattner
C: R.Shaw, J.Bolton, J.McVeigh
HF: B.McGlynn, S.Reid, J.Kennedy
F: K.Jack, A.Goodes, R.O'Keefe
Foll: S.Mumford, C.Bird, D.Hannebery
I/C from: P.Bevan, T.Dennis-Lane, L.Jetta, N.Malceski, J.Moore, L.Roberts-Thomson, M.Seaby

In: Bevan, Moore, Mumford

The answer is we ring up Demetriou and ask him if we can have special permission to play 23 just this once because we don't know who to drop.

Norf fans wouldn't be happy.

Looking at that I think it might be LRT...

Backs: Z. Tuohy M. Jamison J. Russell
HBacks: N. Duigan B. Thornton C. Yarran
Centres: M. Murphy B. Gibbs H. Scotland
HForwards: E. Betts L. Henderson K. Simpson
Forwards: J. Garlett S. Hampson A. Walker
Interchange from: A. Carrazzo D. Ellard E. Curnow R. Houlihan P. Bower M. Austin D. Armfield

In: R. Houlihan M. Austin D. Armfield

No Waite makes me think Grundy will play on Kreuzer/Hampson so I reckon Richards vs Walker and Johnson vs Henderson might be the match ups I think will happen. I still want LRT to go down back to play on Kreuzer/Hampson cause he is the best match up for them but I'm not sure that will happen.

Recalling 2 etihad games ago where the Blues won by 7 goals, Gibbs had the better of Goodes playing in the mid?

..not entirely sure to be honest.. ..i think the whole goodes/gibbs matchup thing has been blown out of proportion, there's not such a long and distinguished history of matchups between them two..

Interchange from: A. Carrazzo D. Ellard E. Curnow R. Houlihan P. Bower M. Austin D. Armfield

Hard to see any of those ins making their team, gotta think Austin is only there as injury cover for Jamison after last weeks ankle. Can't see Houlihan or Armfield forcing their way into the side.

Likely Carlton will go in unchanged, so would pick our team based on those matchups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foll: Krooz Judd Robbo

..i don't think there'll be any changes, but still a few days out from gameday..

Even a broken clock is right twice a day;). Yep, I can't see them selecting Moore this week. Carlton's run off halfback is too quick for the likes of Moore.

..the blues have had speed across all lines for a few seasons now, and you've countered it well enough before.. ....not sure how your backs are but i reckon the blues I50 is where 'speed' is going to be more of a problem [potentially]..

Though it isn't going to happen and I will get a smack in the mouth for mentioning anything about Bevan going into defence.

I wouldn't mind seeing him match up on Betts

Anyway his inclusion on the extended bench is probably reward for playing well in the reserves and to tell him to keep it up as an injury may see him knocking on the door.

No Waite makes me think Grundy will play on Kreuzer/Hampson so I reckon Richards vs Walker and Johnson vs Henderson might be the match ups I think will happen. I still want LRT to go down back to play on Kreuzer/Hampson cause he is the best match up for them but I'm not sure that will happen.
Grundy best for Kreuzer imo. Same sort of tall player combined with run

LRT would be a good matchup for Hampson, both ungainly the way they play.

Grundy has given away that sort of height before and done OK from memory but I always get nervous when I see him matched against a guy so much taller than him. Would be a lot more comfortable with LRT given his height and longer reach.

No Waite...Grundy forward? Anyone?

Wouldn't mind seeing Shaw run with Murphy.. Although we don't really have anyone else to cover one of Betts or Garlett. Worried about that pair!

Anyway his inclusion on the extended bench is probably reward for playing well in the reserves and to tell him to keep it up as an injury may see him knocking on the door.

I suspect it is more likely he is being considered as an alternative for TDL - and I think he plays his best football as a "defensive" forward. He had a purple patch for the reserves last week where he took 3 contested marks at CHF in the space of about 5 minutes. I'd prefer they stick with TDL for now, but can understand why Bevan would come under consideration.

I suspect it is more likely he is being considered as an alternative for TDL - and I think he plays his best football as a "defensive" forward. He had a purple patch for the reserves last week where he took 3 contested marks at CHF in the space of about 5 minutes. I'd prefer they stick with TDL for now, but can understand why Bevan would come under consideration.

His marking in the forward line wasn't too bad earlier in the year especially against the Bombers not the worst shot for goal we have either. His last game against Carlton though was um disapointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back