Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Bone dry track under the roof suits to use of Jetta as the sub. Bring him on when the midfield is tiring and let him break lines and pump it forward. Later in games I think the way the ball comes into the forward line takes on less importance relative to just having it up forward.

What I mean is as the game wears on and players are tiring (especially in typically tight Swans games), quantity of inside 50's is more important than quality of inside 50's later in games.

Just thinking about it, does anyone find it odd Seven has broadcast both Swans-Blues matches this year? I always thought that the FTA networks could only broadcast one of the two match ups between teams in any given year?

Just thinking about it, does anyone find it odd Seven has broadcast both Swans-Blues matches this year? I always thought that the FTA networks could only broadcast one of the two match ups between teams in any given year?

No, contract only stipulates that all Collingwood games are blockbuster and must be shown on FTA and live every week:cool:

Great start but soft goal after Mummy dropped what he really should have taken.

i'm happy with that first quarter the blues were always going to get on top for a passage of play....bird doing a great job on judd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence was awesome in the first half of that quarter but as Carlton got better and cleaner ball out of the middle their pace hurt us and made it very hard for our defenders to stop them. Dunno who's picking up Kruezer when he's not in the ruck but he's getting way too much space.

Goodes needs some time in the middle to try to stem the flow of Carlton ball. We can't waste him in the forward line all game. He hasn't looked bad but he needs more time around the ball.

Mummy looked off the pace a bit. Not surprising after a few weeks out. Seaby definitely was the more effective ruckman in the 1st.

Yarran cutting us up as well. Think McGlynn is on him.

Disappointing end to the quarter, it's vital to get the first goal in this next quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back