Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS the speed of the whistle when Murphy or Judd is touched without the ball is sickening, it's like they're looking to give a free kick, whereas when Bolton or Hannebery is held without it it's play on!

Can't keep doing this makeshift rubbish in the forward line. Goodes HAS to play in the midfield, he doesn't hit the scoreboard enough and is way too dangerous in the middle for us.

LRT/White FF and Reid CHF needs to be our setup for the rest of the year. It's getting ridiculous now.

Umpiring is fine Stat, maybe 1 or 2 bad calls. Don't become one of those supporters who blames the umpires every week. Our inaccuracy, again, and Carlton's run off the backline is what's killing us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS the speed of the whistle when Murphy or Judd is touched without the ball is sickening, it's like they're looking to give a free kick, whereas when Bolton or Hannebery is held without it it's play on!

Yeah, I'm not one to complain about the umpires much, but that call on Smith against Murphy was pathetic, and every player on the ground is being pinged for incorrect disposal in the tackles except Judd, who this game has been the biggest culprit.

When does Judd ever get pinged for Holding the Ball? lol
He is mugged by about 3 guys each time he grabs it. We are playing him well but there is no way he has had prior op. each time he gets it.

Looked a lot better for the second half of that quarter but should have converted at least 2 of those 4 shots on goal.

Can't keep doing this makeshift rubbish in the forward line. Goodes HAS to play in the midfield, he doesn't hit the scoreboard enough and is way too dangerous in the middle for us.

LRT/White FF and Reid CHF needs to be our setup for the rest of the year. It's getting ridiculous now.

Umpiring is fine Stat, maybe 1 or 2 bad calls. Don't become one of those supporters who blames the umpires every week. Our inaccuracy, again, and Carlton's run off the backline is what's killing us.

I can't remember the last time I made a peep about the umpiring, and it's certainly justified in this match. The amount of times a Swan has wrapped up a Blue only for them to spin around, or drop it, like Tuohy for instance, and it be called play on has been ridiculous. The free against McVeigh on Murphy when Murphy had his arms around McVeigh as well, or against Smith for touching Murphy just after he disposed of it were incredibly harsh, when we've had no similar free kicks and it's been waved play on.

Please tell me we don't have another game broadcasted on channel 7 again this year!

The amount of throws Carlton (Judd) have gotten away with is beyond a joke.

I've said this before but the Swans play lazy football. We are completely unwilling to run and create space and when we finally do get the ball by some miracle we usually make either a basic skill error or bomb it into the forward 50 to no one.

To be honest i am getting sick of this shit. For years it has been the same as we are unable to compete with the top 4 teams. Even ****ing Melbourne can beat a quality side every so often. Why can't we?

Please tell me we don't have another game broadcasted on channel 7 again this year!

The amount of throws Carlton (Judd) have gotten away with is beyond a joke.

But it's justified for Judd though, apparently he has 3 or 4 guys mugging him. ;)

The commentators are giving me the shits. The are going on about Carlton dominating. But it has really been only a few Sydney mistakes that have let Carlton get the lead that they have got. 3 mistakes have resulted in goals (Mumford, Richards, Kennelly) are all that have prevented us from being level. Plus we have had a few bad missed shots at goal. They are really dwelling on a short period where Carlton dominated.

I'd love to say that, I really would. :( The bias commentary is literally making me sick.

The umpiring is crap, but what you gonna do? Carlton have been the better side so far. Just hope the swans get their finger out in the next half. By the way bloods, STOP MISSING in front of goals.

Their flow out of the backline and middle is far too swift but we clamped down on it a bit in that quarter.

THANK ****ING CHRIST Longmire woke up and put Goodes in the middle. I just don't understand why it takes so long to work out. Not just this week, I don't understand why he persists with it. He creates so much that we can make do with a makeshift forward line with him in the middle.

Smith doing a great job on Betts and doing well with the ball, Shaw smashing Garlett, Judd quiet for his standards. ROK and Jude our best so far IMO. Goodes gearing up and Grundy has also been good.

RUNVS, way to harsh to call them lazy. They're working their arses off but being torched at times by a very quick, talented and able football team in Carlton. We dragged back the momentum in that quarter.

Our kicking for goal on the other hand is simply woeful. It genuinely stops us from competing with the best sides. Does my head in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back