round 13 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably just going to eat donuts this week and hold off trading. Next week will go:

Treloar -> Couch (don't care if he doesn't play, just need a bottom end player because of Treloars upcoming price drop)
Ellis -> Scotland
Hargrave -> Carrazzo

Could have brought in Shaw this week but at 448k is more expensive than Scotland/Carrazzo/Suckling and my least preferred out of the 4. Would give me a back line of:

Deledio - Goddard - Birchall - Scotland - Carrazzo - Waters - Broughton
S.Shaw - Darley

Happy with that.

okay so i was 20k short of my preferred trades. Ended up doing...

Ellis -> s.shaw
Zaka -> Cloke
Treloar -> Stanton.

Leaves my team as (disregarding the bye) as:

Backline: Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Birchall, Adcock, Grimes, Enright (S.Shaw, Darley)

Midfield: Stanton, Boyd, Ablett, Swan, Thompson, Mitchell (JMac, Williams)

Ruck: Cox, Giles (Pyke, Redden)

Forwards: Franklin, Sidebottom, Chapman, Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, Zorko (Black, Paine)

i need to trade 1 of Stephenson(221k) or Redden(202k) -> Campbell to avoid a 0 and raise some much needed cash

who should i ditch ??? i feel the extra money for Stephenson will come in handy but surely he has the better JS

i need to trade 1 of Stephenson(221k) or Redden(202k) -> Campbell to avoid a 0 and raise some much needed cash

who should i ditch ??? i feel the extra money for Stephenson will come in handy but surely he has the better JS

I'm not sure he does have better JS now that Dawson Simpson is back.

Both will struggle to get games now. If you need the extra 20k, ditch him.

thanks benno

hmmm, looks like i've settled on the following
Treloar -> Gibson
Smedts -> Heppell
Stephenson -> Campbell
leaves me with 7 trades & 191k and a couple of upgrades to go
i think i'll sleep on it before pulling the trigger

Hargrave an emergency is very strange, but assuming he doesn't play it's good news for those that wanted to go Hargrave>Carrazzo or Scotland. Now you can do it next week without any price drop form Hargrave. That's what I'm hoping for.
Hoping Hargrave misses next week as well so carrots gets another price drop in him (BE 130 odd) cos ill be about 5k short of making the trade otherwise!

Trades so far this week are Treloar and Zaha to Swan and Stanton

Last trade, is either Morris, Malceski, or Hargrave to Waters. I'm leaning towards Hargrave because I'm thinking Mal has better chance to get back to the team, and Morris is too cheap. Although if i could find out how long Morris was out for I might trade him. Any ideas on best option ? have 275k

My team will be

Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Lake, H. Shaw, S. Shaw, Ellis, Morris, Malceski
Stanton, Boyd, Ablett, Swan, J.Selwood, Zorko, McDonald, Gibson
Cox, Giles, O, Redden
Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Robinson, Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, Hampton, Saad

With 5 trades remaining, then McDonald to pendles soon, and probably Malceski to Carrazzo...might have 2 trades left in 3 weeks :O

Team now looks something like this with 1 trade to do this round (9 left overall) which I might hold off on

Deledio (Bye), Broughton, Adcock, Clarke, Hargrave (out), Darley, Shaw (Goddard, Birchall)

Boyd, Ablett (Bye), Swan (c), Redden, Shiel, Gibson (Ebert, Pendlebury)

Cox, Giles (Redden, Hall)

Franklin (Bye), Sidebottom, Beams, Steve Johnson, Dangerfield, Martin (Bye), Zorko (Robinson, Sexton)

Will downgrade Shiel next week to a DPP so I can shift Zorko around because he is too good to be on the bench when Robbo comes back from the bye, then go either Clarke/Hargrave for Carrazzo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided against trading this week because unsure about about bringing in Gibson but have changed my mind now looking at Treloar --> Gibson It may mean I have to give the next midfield rookie downgrade option (Miles, Couch, Clifton) a miss to saves trades.

Also looking at Horsely --> Swan
Swan has a high BE so may wait a week.

As I suspected my team is too wrecked to bother doing trades this week, especially considering there don't appear to be any solid downgrade options. Trading Haynes in 2 weeks ago when GWS had the bye has turned out to be a very very stupid move, at least it allowed me to get Swan though. It looks like I will be copping 6 zeros this week with Townsend & Haynes out on top of my numerous round 13 bye players.

I could trade Treloar down to Crozier or someone similar and upgrade Ellis to Waters but I see rather little point in trading Ellis out considering he should provide good cover for the rest of the season. I'd much rather wait for a good rookie to trade Treloar down to and then hopefully have enough $ to trade Townsend out to Carrazzo or someone similar in the coming weeks!

Not looking to trade this round. I'll wait a bit, want to see Gibson play again. Now that Campbell has been named, I will downgrade to Giles next round to free up huge cash for a Watson/Swan. And I'll get Carrazzo later too.......

Either I don't trade
Benefits Swan gets cheaper (BE 149)
Cons Crozier rises in price with no forward downgrade options on horizon
Or I go

Hall > Crozier
Treloar > Swan
Benefits mean get Swan and play Swan and Crozier rather than just Treloar
Cons are lose DPP Link
Have only Clay Smith and Marley Williams as back up mids.

Team With trade this week (9 trades remain and 63k)

Deledio, Birchall, Goddard, H Shaw, Waters, Lake, Hargrave ////// S Shaw, Ellis
Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Jelwood, Rockliff, Mitchell ////// Williams, C Smith
McEvoy, Kruez ///// Giles, Campbell
Beams, Sidebottom, Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Dangerfield, Robinson ////// Zorko, Crozier

I call this completed with 9 trades for LTI's and luxury upgrades of "not quite premiums" later in year if trades remain
Any thoughts???????

Any love for Enright or too risky? Attractive price with low BE.

Enright will improve, given his interrupted PS he was always going to be better after the bye than before it, and we can't really afford to rest him in the run home given our win-loss. That said I'm not sure if he'll improve to his old average but he will get better. He's a risk, but so are a lot of the def premiums and semi premiums this year, so he's not a bad option.

I am going

Hall -> Dell'olio to free up some cash. Hall was not really playing much so dont mind trading him early to avoid a donut.
Treloar - Chapman to avoid Treloars price going down.

Final trade I am contemplating is Pendles to Swan. Pendles is going to miss 2 more games (maybe more). If I do this trade I would have 6 trades left with 1 more back upgrade (Hargrave to Carrazzo) to come. My midfield would be Stanton - Thompson - Ablett - Beams - Swan/Pendles - Priddis. (Jmac, Gibson). Would it worth trading Pendles to avoid a donut or should I hold onto him and save a trade?

This week:
Horsley -> Gibson
Treloar -> Patton (i can afford to pay the extra moolah + i really would prefer a playing rookie) May consider reversing this to an 85k rookie though.
Smedts -> M. Johnson

Next week:
Hargrave -> Carrazzo
Possibly Giles -> Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

round 13 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back