Preview Round 14 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huge in if true.

Absolutely, with his career on the line he has really stepped up down back the last month, deserves a contract extension, especially with Mattner gone and Shaw and LRT not getting any younger.

How can we go from the awesome, competition shaking performance against the crows to that insipid port display.

Come on swans. Pull your heads in and win this week! We could use the four points.

Footballers are human mate :) i know ive had days at work where i didn't wanna do anything except lean back and kick my feet up on the desk.

Just noticed in the stats that Armstrong only had 60% TOG against Port, that's an anomalously low level for someone who was not subbed on or off. Looks like the coaches didn't like his game or didn't trust him much on the day

Bit of a danger game this one.

Would love to see JPK get some more frees around stoppages. How often have we seen in the last few weeks taggers clutching at one of his arms before he has the ball?

Need to free him up too, move him forward even

The main difference from last week will be that we aren't coming off the bye. With that bogey off, we should be able to play a better style. Carlton won't be able to out-Sydney us like Port did, too many individuals in that team, if you know what i mean.

I'll still back Horse and the boys to step up, it was one of those weird losses that we have each season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd consider going Everitt and B.Jack in for Goodes and Armstrong. With Morton, Pyke/White/Tippett, we have enough talls to attract the ball and having either Lamb or Jack across half forward to run and tackle would be a positive in the wet. The other would surely be the sub.

Everitt in for Tony is pretty obvious.

KJ was on SEN this morning and hopefully it will be podcast later in the day on their website.
I only heard a bit about you lose momentum with a bye
Heard it he was just saying about coming of the bye just sounded like excuses to me and that they will bounce back this week will have to wait and see

Sydney should be able to bounce back from that shock loss and smash Carlton by 40 points.

Sometimes teams need to be taught a lesson on field by a 'lesser' team so to speak, as we were last week.
Port are a terrific young team that play for their coach so I'm glad it was at least them that we lost to.

If that sharpens us up to give Carlton a hiding then good. But Carlton is one of those teams I really hate losing to along with Collingwood & Hawthorn........& Essendon!
We owe Richmond big time for last year too.

So hopefully we can show up this Friday for 4 quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back