Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 20/06/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Whomst dost thou thinketh will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, possibly three travelling emergencies then (Phillips, Cutler, Ambrose) with Durham staying in Vic to play VFL? Or maybe Phillips stays home and Ambrose is the travelling emergency with Cutler?

Makes sense to get a VFL game into Reid given he hasnt played for a while. Travelling emergencies aren't much chance of playing and Reid would never be the sub.

Not certain but think this will be first time we have played all of Jones, Stringer, Hooker and Wight together. I’ll be interested to see how this goes…hopefully we aren’t too top heavy.

Not certain but think this will be first time we have played all of Jones, Stringer, Hooker and Wight together. I’ll be interested to see how this goes…hopefully we aren’t too top heavy.
It's the forward line we ran from Anzac Day to the GWS game, where Stringer did his string. Jones brings more forward pressure than the typical KPF so it goes okay.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cannot recall if it was the only time this season, but they all played anzac day.

We did it from round 3 to round 8, but the first three of those Wright was solo ruck, then the second set of three Stringer was spending more time in the middle (and then got injured).

Im hoping to see Stringer at most centre bounces. Dont think he's done many since returning from injury but 2 games back and a week off he should be primed

Agree with this - he’s such a beast in the middle when he’s on - I think him and Langers will rotate through there with the team to line up like;-

Ridley Zerk Laverde
Heppell Stewart Hind
Ham Langford Cox
Perkins Jones Smith
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Draper Parish Merrett

Redman Guelfi Cahill 2MP

It’s probably our strongest line up for the year - and we still have Francis, Snelling and Shiel to come back in over the next few weeks…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with this - he’s such a beast in the middle when he’s on - I think him and Langers will rotate through there with the team to line up like;-

Ridley Zerk Laverde
Heppell Stewart Hind
Ham Langford Cox
Perkins Jones Smith
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Draper Parish Merrett

Redman Guelfi Cahill 2MP

It’s probably our strongest line up for the year - and we still have Francis, Snelling and Shiel to come back in over the next few weeks…

Midfield is getting very thin. Snelling and McGrath do a lot of the blue collar work in there so will have to be a group effort to cover them

If anyone is still chasing a ticket they are available right now with a member barcode

Im legitimately concerned about our midfield rotation going into tomorrow.

When we played them last time, we had Shiel, Caldwell and McGrath in the team. A midfield of Mitchell, O'Meara, Shiels, Wingard and Burgoyne is nothing to sneeze at. Newcombe as well looks impressive.

Zerrett and Parish are going to need to have monster games, and otherwise hopefully we can piecemeal an effective midfield rotation using Langford, Smith, Perkins, and guys like Ham and Guelfi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we played them last time, we had Shiel, Caldwell and McGrath in the team. A midfield of Mitchell, O'Meara, Shiels, Wingard and Burgoyne is nothing to sneeze at. Newcombe as well looks impressive.

Zerrett and Parish are going to need to have monster games, and otherwise hopefully we can piecemeal an effective midfield rotation using Langford, Smith, Perkins, and guys like Ham and Guelfi.
Nah, should be fine. Just need Parish to have 60 touches.

Parish and Langford are performing at a higher standard than they were game 1. Stringer also didn’t play and makes a big difference to our centre bounces. I think it’s our weakest section of the ground at the moment, but I don’t think it’s that much worse than we were in Round 1.

No chance Hooker goes back. He can barely run or defend as it is. He's also structurally important to our forwardline.

Smith isn't ordinary. We've missed the forward pressure he brings. A welcome addition to our side.

Fair enough. No way we play Hooker forward AND Draper + 2MP + Phillips. .... actually I should check the sides now emergencies will have been changed.

At least our backline and forward line's have had a steady run and built some real synergy since way back in round 1. We've got tons of blokes that are much better than they were in round 1. Midfield depth will be an issue for some weeks but we've certainly made gains in other areas.

Possible match ups at each end:

Frost on Hooker
Scrimshaw on Wright
Hardwick on Stringer?
Day on Jones
Impey on Walla

Stewart on McEvoy/Ceglar
Zerk on Kosi
Laverde on O'Brien
Heppell on Breust?
Redman on Moore
Ridley on Howe

Possible match ups at each end:

Frost on Hooker
Scrimshaw on Wright
Hardwick on Stringer?
Day on Jones
Impey on Walla

Stewart on McEvoy/Ceglar
Zerk on Kosi
Laverde on O'Brien
Heppell on Breust?
Redman on Moore
Ridley on Howe

You've done well there. I couldn't name five of their players these days.

Like the team we have this week. Selectors have nailed it this year, mostly rewarding performance and backing the kids in.

Ambrose being dropped a good example.

Hopefully a good win today. Swans were flatter than a heart monitor at a cemetery last week.

Any time Sydney went fast last week they cut Hawthoen to pieces.

Yep agree with this. Hawks beat the Swans at their own game last week - we have the pace to burn the Hawks and atone for the game that got away round 1. Stringer, Parish, Merrett, Langford, Tippa, Smith and Ham our mid rotations and that’s decent enough to match it with the Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back