Round 14 trades (Fantasy)

Remove this Banner Ad

So McGovern missed training today with that hip flexor problem, I think the eagles will rest him especially against Stkilda. This will be perfect for me so i can double upgrade this week as planned and get McGov next week.
My dilemma is whether to roll the dice with S Martin at F6.
If he averages 80-90 i'm set and allows for tex > Mcgov at F7 making 140k
Fwds are: Harvey, Danger, Parker, Martin, Gray, S Martin (Tex, C Cameron)
Mids after the upgrades from Tex's 140k will be: Ablett, Rocky, Stevie J, Libba, Beams, Pendles, Barlow, Ebert

So you can see why i'm keen to downgrade Tex and play S Martin there as i will be pimpin :D

Last edited:

Going Cotch > Rocky, X. Ellis > SJ. Beefing up that midfield. I have somehow been carrying McGovern for the last 10 or so rounds, go figure.

I've gone Nathan Jones-->Ebert and Walker down to Stef Martin. Good trades?
I have Thurlow and Derix already so the flexibility could be valuable.

I've gone Nathan Jones-->Ebert and Walker down to Stef Martin. Good trades?
I have Thurlow and Derix already so the flexibility could be valuable.

Looks good to me. I'll probably jump on Martin as well at F7, with Thurlow in R3 for some DPP action. Also want to drop Jaensch, though Simpson/Bartel out of my price range. Might wait a week as Simpson should drop a bit I think.

Riewoldt -> Martin
Langford -> Kelly

Need money and good bench coverage for my forward's/rucks for the rest of the year. Backs have been a bit shakey for me lately as well. Leaves me with a definite Derickx to Thurlow trade in the next week or two for some big cash. Docherty, Ambrose and Shenton can all be culled soon as well. Need to still bring in Bartel, Harvey and SJ to really finish my team. Should be achievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very tempted. Cheers for reminding me. 91 average for the year is great but he's a huge chance of having weeks at 50-70 points.

I just said it because it was what I was thinking of doing. A one week hit with walker at F6 i think will give me more points this week and leave me more cash for next.

Last edited:
Who is the best midfielder available with my limited funds? ($489k)

Nathan Jones
Leigh Montagna
Ollie Wines
Ben Cunnington
Other?

I already have Joel Selwood and Anthony Miles. I would take Montagna in a heartbeat usually, but he seems to be struggling with injury.

Who is the best midfielder available with my limited funds? ($489k)

Nathan Jones
Leigh Montagna
Ollie Wines
Ben Cunnington
Other?

I already have Joel Selwood and Anthony Miles. I would take Montagna in a heartbeat usually, but he seems to be struggling with injury.

For that type of cash I would say if you dont have a full backline J.Kelly. then when you want to upgrade a defender, swing Kelly back

For that type of cash I would say if you dont have a full backline J.Kelly. then when you want to upgrade a defender, swing Kelly back
That's a very interesting idea...

Simpson, Suckling, Bartel, Hanley, Swallow, Hibberd (Langdon, Bews)
Beams, Pendlebury, Stanton, Rockliff, Macrae, J Selwood, Polec (J Lloyd, Hallahan)

My trades at the moment were going to be Hallahan to Miles, and Polec to Jones/Montagna/Kelly etc. The choice will be if Suckling to Kelly is more of a gain than Polec to someone.

I think you're right, because Kelly is the #1 defender whereas Jones is 2nd tier in midfield, and I'd need to upgrade again.

That's a very interesting idea...

Simpson, Suckling, Bartel, Hanley, Swallow, Hibberd (Langdon, Bews)
Beams, Pendlebury, Stanton, Rockliff, Macrae, J Selwood, Polec (J Lloyd, Hallahan)

My trades at the moment were going to be Hallahan to Miles, and Polec to Jones/Montagna/Kelly etc. The choice will be if Suckling to Kelly is more of a gain than Polec to someone.

I think you're right, because Kelly is the #1 defender whereas Jones is 2nd tier in midfield, and I'd need to upgrade again.

With Stanton and Jelwood in the mids you do not want someone you may have to upgrade in my opinion. Those two are questionable at best. The other option is to upgrade to a forward like gray (you might just not be able to afford him) if you dont have him.

With Stanton and Jelwood in the mids you do not want someone you may have to upgrade in my opinion. Those two are questionable at best. The other option is to upgrade to a forward like gray (you might just not be able to afford him) if you dont have him.
I can't reach Gray by a few hundred dollars, but my forward line is my strongest. Polec for Kelly it is, with Suckling to be dumped when I can get a top tier midfielder.

I'm currently thinking:
Montanga -> Ebert
Hallahan -> Kersten via DPP (could use the cash).

Others who I'm considering getting rid of:
Riewoldt
Hooker
Jaensch (brought him back, so far regretting it. :()

Thoughts/advice appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 trades (Fantasy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back