Round 14 Vs Gold Coast - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been accused of sarcasm. The truth is I was trying to eloborate the MC's thinking. I was sitting in the lotus position,with an inserted totem, channeling Eade and well that is what the spirits told me.

As for my opinion, I think Schofield was absolutely fantastic. Took a couple of quarters to find his feet but his last quarter, when the heat was on, was super. As long as he can sustain that effort, I would not be omitting him.

This club is in dire need of his sort, gutsy with a good dose of cheek.

Thank you, I will now begin re-aligning my chakras.
good luck with the re-aligning I tried once hurt like hell

DJ was aweful, but I would give him another opportunity. Let him redeem himself. I don't really see the need for any changes but I thought we were one tall short down back.

DJ was aweful, but I would give him another opportunity. Let him redeem himself. I don't really see the need for any changes but I thought we were one tall short down back.
I believe Eade has said that Hall will return this week so someone must be left out for him.

There is also an injury (not to mention form) cloud over Gilbee.

With Hall in we can't play Minson at FF which means that Hudson's spot should be in jeopardy. If Barlow can ruck he might get a run as a back up to Minson. If not, Roughead might come in? I'm not sure - will be interesting to see.

Hall in, Hudson out => Minson as main ruck
Gilbee out, Howard in (based on yebiga's write up of his VFL performance last week; like for like replacement in my mind) or alternatively Wallis

More speculatively;
DJ out - Skinner in
If we need another tall down back (probably not with Barlow in the team, or against the Suns) then Markovic in for Barlow/Schofield depending on team balance.
Liberatore out - Wallis in

I really cannot have this. If you said out for a Rest then maybe I could wear it. The kid has been our main forward target for the last month on his own. He has been bashed in contests, has run hard and works to put pressure on all the time.

Eade realised he needed help and sent Barlow down to take some pressure off. It definitely helped.

As bad as you think he might be going he had a number of shots on goal Friday night and could have easily finished with a bag of 3 or so.

Yeh he needs to work on things as a footballer, mainly his kicking, but it seems you just watch him drop a mark which yes looked easy, but you fail to take into account the work he was doing and just how tired he was at times friday night.

I disagree, Jones has been given an opportunity to play at the top level when he has probably not earned it through good performances. He is only being picked based on a need for the team. Unfortunately in my opinion he is not yet up to AFL standard and has been found out each week.

He attacks a contest and will run under or mis-judge the flight of the ball more than 50% of the time. If the ball is delivered at his feet he has not yet demonstrated that he can bend his back. When the ball is on the ground in a contest he does not look like he wants to get it. Lets not bring his goal kicking up either.

Im sure he will turn out to be a fine footballer, however he is not close to AFL standard yet. Its time to give someone else an opportunity at centre half forward, as Jones has been given his go and is not ready.

Roughead or Cordy should be given an opportunity to play that position.

Im sure he will turn out to be a fine footballer, however he is not close to AFL standard yet. Its time to give someone else an opportunity at centre half forward, as Jones has been given his go and is not ready.

Roughead or Cordy should be given an opportunity to play that position.

Agree to disagree then. However I must ask whether you have been watching Cordy and Roughhead at willi ?

Ask yourself whether they could bend, whether they could apply the same forward pressure Jones does. You will find out those aspects of their game are now where near the level of Jones.

Ask yourself whether both of their bodies are able to handle senior AFL level ?? We have already seen Roughhead has struggled with his body at senior AFL level and Cordy cannot even stay fit playing Willi ones.

I think you are being extremely harsh to the kid... Albeit for some bad kicking I think he is having a decent first full year of footy in a side where there is no fellow tall timber helping him out.

Maybe have a look at how the comps best lead up forward N Reiwoldt is playing in an age of the press. Jones a similar type and right at this point in time there could be an argument to say Jones is travelling better !!

Agree to disagree then. However I must ask whether you have been watching Cordy and Roughhead at willi ?

Ask yourself whether both of their bodies are able to handle senior AFL level ?? We have already seen Roughhead has struggled with his body at senior AFL level and Cordy cannot even stay fit playing Willi ones.

No, but your missing my point. Im saying they deserve to be given the same free ride Jones has has had in the past couple of months to see where they are at and whether their bodies could handle it

Ask yourself whether they could bend, whether they could apply the same forward pressure Jones does. You will find out those aspects of their game are now where near the level of Jones.

I also think you are overating his forward pressure. Ive been to the last 3 games and watched him, and once out of the contest looks lost, they have given him a couple of tackles in each of the last 3, yet i dont remember 1 instance of his pressure resulting in a direct turnover.

I think you are being extremely harsh to the kid... Albeit for some bad kicking I think he is having a decent first full year of footy in a side where there is no fellow tall timber helping him out.

Third year in the system, so has been playing vfl or equivalent for the past 2 years. The word kid is being thrown around a bit. Schoifield and Wallis are kids.

Wont even touch the Reiwoldt argument.

Id just like to see Rocket give someone else a go, Jones has had his chance and brings nothing out of the ordinary to the team. It doesn't have to be Roughhead or Cordy, maybe give Mulligan the same opportunity, he played 2 games and got dropped.

It doesn't have to be Roughhead or Cordy, maybe give Mulligan the same opportunity, he played 2 games and got dropped.

Lol, interested to know what you think a player who can't mark and can't kick and whose only skill is spoiling would add to forward line.

Jones is doing just fine at moment for his stage of development, is far ahead of Grant as puts in the hard work.

Mulligan can't kick??

Didn't you see his assist to Gia against St Kilda? That was a perfect kick.

SEN are reporting that the Bulldogs are flying to GC today at 3pm instead of Wednesday as previous planned. A few days of team bonding.

Jones can kick can he???? hahaha

I never said Mulligan was the answer, just that I believe Jones has been given a much better and easier ride than others. I accept that many bulldog supporters are happy with him, but for me he hasnt shown a thing as yet that would indicate he has what it takes to hold down a spot in the 22.

I never said Mulligan was the answer, just that I believe Jones has been given a much better and easier ride than others. I accept that many bulldog supporters are happy with him, but for me he hasnt shown a thing as yet that would indicate he has what it takes to hold down a spot in the 22.

Except contested marking maybe? (sure he wasnt the best last week)

First in contested marks with 19, next being Morris with 13 as a player who has played just 15 games!.

He chases extremely hard and lays good tackles.

He works hard up to the wing. (you always see him taking marks on the wing)

and his kicking wasnt that bad until a couple of weeks ago and his confidence is down, if he kicks a few im sure he will be alot better set shot.

I know its your opinion but I just dont see how you think he is getting a free ride, I would understand if he wasnt putting in the effort, but he is and thats why I think he should stay in the side, anyway its your opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously haven't seen very many dogs games. I'm guessing you're one of those kicks/handballs/stats supporters...

You obviously haven't seen very many dogs games. I'm guessing you're one of those kicks/handballs/stats supporters...

I dont know why you'd throw a comment like that? You obviously had nothing worth adding to the arguement so you just have a crack at the poster. Well Done. :thumbsu:

I dont know why you'd throw a comment like that? You obviously had nothing worth adding to the arguement so you just have a crack at the poster. Well Done. :thumbsu:

He said it because what you said was pretty ridiculous and deserved to be shot down.

19 yrs old playing in the toughest position in a dysfunctional forward line, I think he's showing heaps of promise, especially his marking and effort. Kicking should improve over the journey.

He doesn't have to be a world beater at this stage, a work in progress and doing a fair job.

Glad a few posters had the same opinion as me... I thought I was going crazy for a moment thinking jones was going alright and deserving games.

Anyway lets get this post back on track...

We know Hall is an in.

Ins: Hall
Outs: DJ

Question then is are we too top heavy...
My answer would be no as I believe that we will try an exploit a smaller bodied backline of the gold coast. The GC defense have battled against taller forwards this year. Franklin just monstered them and had them looking very nervous when the ball went high last week.
Not sure they could cover Barry, Will, Jones and Barlow.

Glad a few posters had the same opinion as me... I thought I was going crazy for a moment thinking jones was going alright and deserving games.

Anyway lets get this post back on track...

We know Hall is an in.

Ins: Hall
Outs: DJ

Question then is are we too top heavy...
My answer would be no as I believe that we will try an exploit a smaller bodied backline of the gold coast. The GC defense have battled against taller forwards this year. Franklin just monstered them and had them looking very nervous when the ball went high last week.
Not sure they could cover Barry, Will, Jones and Barlow.

they also took a squad of 24 which included sam reid, howard, hall and markovic that didnt play last week so this would indicates there is going to be a minimum 2 changes.

they also took a squad of 24 which included sam reid, howard, hall and markovic that didnt play last week so this would indicates there is going to be a minimum 2 changes.

Good math that is !!
So lets get onto Virgin Airlines and get the passenger log to see who the bloke was that that didn't fly.... Pretty sure virgin are pretty quiet at the moment and should be able to assist :D

I think we might go a bit taller this week. The Suns have rattled on all week about going with speed to try and exploit us, I reckon they want us to go smaller, and they are playing with our minds man.

I reckon Hall comes in, seems no point flying him up there and not playing him, when he could play at Willi. The other in, barring injuy, would probably be a small. I expect the outs to be DJ and Libber, if so then possibly they will include Reid as an inside replacement....plus he's hard as.

The inclusion of Marko has me stumped unless there is a doubt on one of the defenders?

The sub will be interesting. Probable is Schofield, but maybe it's Cooney again as a way of managing him? 2 weeks in a row...unlikely you think.

I think we might go a bit taller this week. The Suns have rattled on all week about going with speed to try and exploit us, I reckon they want us to go smaller, and they are playing with our minds man.

I reckon Hall comes in, seems no point flying him up there and not playing him, when he could play at Willi. The other in, barring injuy, would probably be a small. I expect the outs to be DJ and Libber, if so then possibly they will include Reid as an inside replacement....plus he's hard as.

The inclusion of Marko has me stumped unless there is a doubt on one of the defenders?

The sub will be interesting. Probable is Schofield, but maybe it's Cooney again as a way of managing him? 2 weeks in a row...unlikely you think.

Didn't we go in one tall short last week in defence? Probably just means Morris will play on someone smaller. Not sure who that means will come out though.

Don't you know the team by now. Week by week, Eade doesn't change many of the senior players unless they are injured. Hudson will not be dropped. Jones will not be dropped. Mulligan is injured so Markovic might come in. Libba won't be dropped. Hall is a certainty, he was on the plane. DJ should be dropped, there will be 2 changes max. You people really don't have a clue. It's already been said after the weekend that Lake will play at Willi for another week at least. Get with the program. Not one poster on here has picked this weeks team yet.

Don't you know the team by now. Week by week, Eade doesn't change many of the senior players unless they are injured. Hudson will not be dropped. Jones will not be dropped. Mulligan is injured so Markovic might come in. Libba won't be dropped. Hall is a certainty, he was on the plane. DJ should be dropped, there will be 2 changes max. You people really don't have a clue. It's already been said after the weekend that Lake will play at Willi for another week at least. Get with the program. Not one poster on here has picked this weeks team yet.

Maybe they aren't picking the team? they are just putting up what they'd like to see?

Don't you idiots on here know the team by now. Week by week, Eade doesn't change many of the senior players unless they are injured. Hudson will not be dropped. Jones will not be dropped. Mulligan is injured so Markovic might come in. Libba won't be dropped. Hall is a certainty, he was on the plane. DJ should be dropped, there will be 2 changes max. You people really don't have a clue. It's already been said after the weekend that Lake will play at Willi for another week at least. Get with the program. Not one poster on here has picked this weeks team yet.

ummm, what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 Vs Gold Coast - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back