Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

He is interested in Melbourne and the swap is Oliver, is the rumour.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
What Steele for Oliver or King for Oliver?

After today I would do the King swap....even throw in Billings.....

If we lose Battle that would be Oliver and 2 new infielders on the list next year.

JHF Rozee and Butters killed us at times today. Port should have won by 3 goals....they won because they are just less shit than we are.

3 additional mids would make us far more mobile and pro active going forward than the stodgieness we have shown this year.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been many a player who dominated at junior level simply because they had some physical advantage like height or body size and don't have the ticker for AFL.

Our midfield constantly stop when looking for options and second guess themselves when looking for F50 options. So many footballers will tell you it's a two way street and forwards have to provide an option...King has not been offering an option all season.
This I fully agree on mate.
Was on full display a number of times when we broke through their defense today.
I don’t know what the answer is though, I suspect with proper development and coaching he’s a Coleman medalist.
Development has always been a blight at our club.

I know emotions run high after a loss, but seriously how long can we put up with this dross?
Not just the pathetic scoring, the lazy so called superstars, the incredibly bad umpiring for and against, and the corrupt uneven drafting and FIXture.

Have been to exactly one game this year and won't be going to any others.

I love football and enjoy going to training and Sandy, also neutral games at the G, however really my patience has run out.

There is no point. We are not allowed to get decent players while Carlton who are coming second get two top players for free. Northern teams get quality players for free.
Tassie comes in on 2027 so more compromised drafts.
We are never going to be competitive or a chance again.
Given up.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm aware of the expression 'misery loves company' but yous just couldn't let us have one moment, could ya

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Max - u can have a bad day it happens- but man u have to work & compete!

Don’t normally comment on umpires but Butler taken out of the marking contest in Q4, Battle HTB and then Aliir 1 minute later ball up. They were abysmal today - heaven help if that’s the best they have got!

Thought Hanmer showed a bit at full back - very raw & lots to learn but worth persevering with & training all pre season down back

When Higgo has a shot 30m out on a slight angle and he shapes up to kick around the corner on his left

triste.gif

After that performance I've moved into the trade King camp. He has no ticker, no desire to learn forward craft, refuses to change the way he plays and simply makes no effort to win a difficult ball. Let him go somewhere else.

Caminiti, Sharman and Keeler can play forward, give Heath a go to allow Marshall to rest forward. At least then we'll have players who will make an impact and not just run around like a headless, sulky chook. It may probably mean we go backwards, or not move forwards for another season, but it simply isn't possible to build a winning game plan and culture around a key forward who won't have a go and lead to the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horne Francis is the prototype of what we need
Once that ball hit out into space we were gone - ole concrete boots mids
How many times did they brush aside our tackles ,?
I love Hunter Clark …..but his spatial awareness is just non existent…heavy traffic….he stops,.. has a drink …..looks around …..adjust his shorts….. you’re hot Hunter !!!!!
Anyhoo it’s a nothing game it’s next season for us it has to start there
I just genuinely do not want to do a Bombers….get a soft draw ….bounce back into 7/8 ….bundled out by a genuine contender week 1…
Build the talent Saints

View attachment 2035014

Not only did these two fail to fire, but a total of 3 combined tackles is totally unacceptable.

Yep, both garbage, Paddy needs to run laps until he can run out a game.
6 of his disposals were contested.

Reckon Ryan Byrnes would have played better than both of them.

Sadly predictable, another close brave loss with a 4th quarter comeback tease where we blew chances despite more inside 50s.

Once again it was too much left to too few with too many passengers. the same guys stood up like Marshall, Sinclair and Wilkie.

Max King was one of our biggest passengers but our midfield is still our biggest problem, we badly need some pacy quality mids.

Hopefully we use our Pick 4 to draft one of them.

I don’t think we can afford to lose Batts.
We’ll gain an extra mid who could potentially be a star but could equally well be a bust knowing us and then spend the next century looking for a solid defender to replace him.

Adelaide got 2 firsts for Lever and didn't end up better off. Managed to get Bryce Squibbs in though I guess.

Disagree mate.
A midfield that breaks at least even makes the forward line better.
King has struggled with a bottom 3 delivery this year.
I’m not for one second defending his desire and effort - I truly think it’s below par after the last few months of observation - I refuse to concur with your other assessments yet, I’m still firmly in the camp of most of it is poor delivery, poor leading patterns and poor connection.
Not to say you aren’t correct I just need more proof.
Bloke was a gun junior forward, you don’t just lose that.

I’m of similar thought it’s a little bit of bottom 3 delivery, frustrations etc. I am confident this can be turned around

but today, for the first time, I started wondering if he wanted to be out there at all

This I fully agree on mate.
Was on full display a number of times when we broke through their defense today.
I don’t know what the answer is though, I suspect with proper development and coaching he’s a Coleman medalist.
Development has always been a blight at our club.
It has been but the optics in recent games kind of tells us his biggest problem is his mental fragility leading to laziness and bruise free footy. Sharman showed him in one play how to attack the aerial contest to get first hands on the ball.

He's cheats the whole game and is out the back reusing to work hard to present. Development is not his problem atm, he just doesn't want the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back