Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Backline were excellent again today. If we lose anyone from there and we haven't done our absolute best to retain them, we have rocks in our head.

The 1-2 Milera Sinclair combo is great, very hard to keep both of them out of the game at the same time. As tempting as it is to put either of them in the midfield, you lose too much if you do.

Thought Marshall forward experiment really worked. However, keeping him down there relied on Tom Campbell getting the ruck job done and he was beaten today. Their ruck was putting the ball on platter for Butters and he was breaking the Windy tag as he was too quick for him. So we had to bring Marshall back and turn it into a scrag.

Horne-Francis absolutely torched us, again. This is who Windy should have been tagging.

Watching King get out wrestled not by Gorillas, but by mid sized half backs should tell him that he needs to play in front and moving towards the ball, always. Had a day, he would rather forget, but still believe he will work it out

As always, lost it in the midfield.

Backline were excellent again today. If we lose anyone from there and we haven't done our absolute best to retain them, we have rocks in our head.

The 1-2 Milera Sinclair combo is great, very hard to keep both of them out of the game at the same time. As tempting as it is to put either of them in the midfield, you lose too much if you do.

Thought Marshall forward experiment really worked. However, keeping him down there relied on Tom Campbell getting the ruck job done and he was beaten today. Their ruck was putting the ball on platter for Butters and he was breaking the Windy tag as he was too quick for him. So we had to bring Marshall back and turn it into a scrag.

Horne-Francis absolutely torched us, again. This is who Windy should have been tagging.

Watching King get out wrestled not by Gorillas, but by mid sized half backs should tell him that he needs to play in front and moving towards the ball, always. Had a day, he would rather forget, but still believe he will work it out

This is it in a nutshell
King amazes me though ….he can’t win the wrestle …it’s obvious…get on the move but he refuses ….whats the coaching direction here to him been??
Defence and rebound 50 off HB has to be up there with best in league
Midfield is bottom 2 arguably worst in comp

Disagree mate.
A midfield that breaks at least even makes the forward line better.
King has struggled with a bottom 3 delivery this year.
I’m not for one second defending his desire and effort - I truly think it’s below par after the last few months of observation - I refuse to concur with your other assessments yet, I’m still firmly in the camp of most of it is poor delivery, poor leading patterns and poor connection.
Not to say you aren’t correct I just need more proof.
Bloke was a gun junior forward, you don’t just lose that.
Larkey at North seems to manage just fine.

Time to move him up the ground or down back. Anywhere but forward at this point.

I'm aware of the express 'misery loves company' but yous just couldn't let us have one moment, could ya

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Don't worry mate, there is always Acca Dacca, they never let you down, Port should play one of their songs instead of INXS.

I recommend this song.

It has been but the optics in recent games kind of tells us his biggest problem is his mental fragility leading to laziness and bruise free footy. Sharman showed him in one play how to attack the aerial contest to get first hands on the ball.

He's cheats the whole game and is out the back reusing to work hard to present. Development is not his problem atm, he just doesn't want the ball.
I agree its what it looks like. I just find it hard a professional footballer deliberately aims for this result.
Im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until I think the evidence is stacked against him.
I do think he gets in the wrong positions far too often, but am happy to apportion that to poor coaching/link up than anything King is doing deliberately.
The drums are definitely sounding though, you may be early Cairnsman, but not wrong.
Im just not prepared to write him off yet - and yes, his draft position is a factor in my mind.

Key takeaways

Their midfield is good. Ours is bad

King played perhaps the worst key forward game I've ever seen (and I'm a supporter of Max)

The umps were even worse than Max. Both ways though. Genuine howlers going both ways throughout the entire game - I've never seen umpiring in worse shape as it is now

Let's play Sharman forward for a month and see what he can do

If Nas learns to kick goals he'll win a Brownlow. Loved his attacking intent, could have kicked 3-4 goals if his kicks at goal were as accurate as all of his other kicks

When Higgo has a shot 30m out on a slight angle and he shapes up to kick around the corner on his left

triste.gif
That was a complete wank by him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d be good if Milera kicked a goal occasionally when the opportunity arises - his mediocre shots at goal are annoying

This is it in a nutshell
King amazes me though ….he can’t win the wrestle …it’s obvious…get on the move but he refuses ….whats the coaching direction here to him been??
Defence and rebound 50 off HB has to be up there with best in league
Midfield is bottom 2 arguably worst in comp
Imagine when the coaches review his game tape with him. The same stuff week in week out.

What else is there to say at this point. He’s simply just not good enough.

Ok, we have seen off Adelaide, can we now get WCE another two games with a W so we get pick 3 and 4?
I am sure we can pick up a Billings and King with those picks.
Someone wanted Butters instead of King but was overridden by the Saints hierarchy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, we have seen off Adelaide, can we now get WCE another two games with a W so we get pick 3 and 4?
I am sure we can pick up a Billings and King with those picks.
Someone wanted Butters instead of King but was overridden by the Saints hierarchy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or an over weight, undersized, injury prone, diabetic forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back