Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Every week - periods of complete domination where we simply fail to score.

Win the ball, run to 80 metres, lobb the ball on top of Jack Higgins head and hope for the best.

I best not say anything about Max King.

We should seriously be considering King down back as a Battle replacement.

We've thrown our best key forward (Caminiti) into defence, so this will never happen.

Should happen though.

He should be dropped for his body language alone. He looks like he genuinely hates playing football. No spark, no joy.

We've thrown our best key forward (Caminiti) into defence, so this will never happen.

Should happen though.

He should be dropped for his body language alone. He looks like he genuinely hates playing football. No spark, no joy.
Caminiti looks OK down back - how about Dougal to FF, King to Sandy for a couple of weeks.

Caminiti looks OK down back - how about Dougal to FF, King to Sandy for a couple of weeks.
Caminiti does look good back there, as a forward has tendency to drift in and out of the game. No chance of that when you are accountable in the backline, great for his development.

King was quite the hot topic in our section of the crowd today 😂😂. He doesn’t look right to me l’m not sure why he’s playing at all. I’d be sacking our forward coach today, the way our forward line functions is laughable. We spoil eachother and take eachothers leading space more often then the opposition does.
Also a bit of negativity on here about Mitch today, l thought he did a super job on Allir. They freed him up in the last qtr and Allir got into the game. Really highlighted what a job Mitch did.

can anyone explain to me why Wood wasn’t given a 50m when he marked and kicked without playing on at that Port player attempted to spoil?
Same reason Marshall didn’t get a 50 for a late in the back and they were able to run over the mark without being punished when we marked it in their goal square. Because the umpires aren’t accountable for StKilda stuff ups.

Well if Max King gets a game next week after what he had been offerring up today and in recent weeks, the club can..... I wont be renewing our memberships next year or at any time in the future. That was putrid and the most apathetic effort I have seen from an AFL footballer.
Ok I’m going to call it ming is a bust despite his pace and agility he’s miles off what would be expected of a pick 4. He’s in his own way as disappointing as paddy perhaps more so. I’d trade him tomorrow if I could get value for money. The chances of max becoming a very good player are high but he’s no superstar and that’s just the way it is.

Now I’m happy to keep him and ride the wave but please stop taking about him like a star because frankly he’s not and is miles off one imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fake tough guy King is a fool! Rarely chases with intent but whenever he gets close he either gives away a free or tries to throw his weight around. Another suspension on the cards for the most selfish footballer out there.

Sharman showed more in 20 minutes than King did for the whole game.

Well done to Wood, Nas was mostly good, Hill doesn't stop working, Butler worked hard, Higgins should've made more of his chances. Henry and Clark were ok in patches, as was Steele at times. Jimmy did some very good things, Wilks had an almost game, and Arie was ok for a second gamer - kicked a couple of beauties that noone else out there could. Caminiti was pretty good down back, should've trained there all preseason...

As for the rucks, Campbell makes us a better side. Blokes got heart, also allowed Marshall to dominate in that first half.

I think we did some nice things at times, we weren't helped by deplorable umpiring - but all in all, very very very little to get excited about.

Our president reads Bigfooty btw
Good, I’ve spoken to him few times this year and they know exactly what’s required and we are in the process of fixing things, last year was a surprise thought we where going to go backwards but guess was a year later, will be massive changes end of the year I can’t wait

Fake tough guy King is a fool! Rarely chases with intent but whenever he gets close he either gives away a free or tries to throw his weight around. Another suspension on the cards for the most selfish footballer out there.

Well done to Wood, Nas was mostly good, Hill doesn't stop working, Butler worked hard, Higgins should've made more of his chances. Henry and Clark were ok in patches, as was Steele at times. Jimmy did some very good things, Wilks had an almost game, and Arie was ok for a second gamer - kicked a couple of beauties that noone else out there could. Caminiti was pretty good down back, should've trained there all preseason...

As for the rucks, Campbell makes us a better side. Blokes got heart, also allowed Marshall to dominate in that first half.

I think we did some nice things at times, we weren't helped by deplorable umpiring - but all in all, very very very little to get excited about.
Yep we have a lot of holes and some guys who were penciled in just haven’t lived up to it. You can fact check me if you can be bothered and I coped some derision but I stick buy it. It is what it is and they are what they are, it all starts at the draft, pick flawed players and expect less than fantastic results.

We definitely look better with Marshall spending more time forward, which if we had another ruckman other than Campbell it would be plausible. TBH I would play Marshall at full forward and get rid of King if we had another decent ruckman. We are going absolutely no where with King at full forward, cash him in and get what we can for him.

Thought Liam Henry was very good for us today.

Lots of pace and gave our midfield a nice point of difference.

We would look a lot better with a fit Brad Crouch in the midfield. And perhaps two other good mids.

I can’t see what we are trying to do any more. What we stand for. How we want to play. Last year it seemed we were developing the running play on, take risks game. This year we are developing the headless chook, no idea where to go, just kick it anywhere game. Hesitation is running rampant as is a complete lack of skill and confidence.
Questions need to be asked about the style of play, development of players.
What’s happened to Wilson?
Pressure should be squarely put on Lyon and the coaches and what they are trying to instil.
If you look at todays game you’d really be bewildered at what we are putting out there.

For me anyway;

Last year was largely player focus; what we have, what we miss, what we need, what we can shift etc, so there was less of accountability type instances and more on "play natural", fast breaks, run and carry, just balls to wall type direction in match and fine tuning at training.

This year there was then more of a focus on the accountability aspect, we know we can play, we know what we miss, we know what we can change and etc, so start the change and with what we kept ramp up on the "you have an oppo next to you" instance. As skill expression is always just there, however, being a footballer that footballs is all mental, so can you be that expressive individual in year one when you have to care about things like running both ways, tackling, shepherding, reading a tap, pacing your burst, leading at carrier, folding back and etc.

What we're then "finding out" is what we've largely known; defensively we're acceptable, offensively we are almost abysmal, as mid and forward just don't work together regardless of who is in either third and when. So you then in year 3, have your "fix" for who goes, who might come in, where you might then target. You then also have the do we have coaches, are we talent ID'ing, developing and etc what we need/want and given we changed that last season maybe the answer is a current no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back