Round 16 - Changes vs Bullflogs

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: McKercher and Logue
OUT: Stephens and Pink (if injured)

I wouldn't mind having a look at Duursma now that this midfield is really improving the flow and delivery forward. But maybe not yet and maybe not against the dogs.

Sellers is the other guy who could take advantage.

I'd look at Dawson in for Lmac, too, but not expecting it.

If Duursma continues his form tomorrow in the VFL he’ll be hard to deny.

We want McKercher in asap too while the morale is high. They both need to be part of it.

Logue would be perfect to take out Pink. It will be handy as well if he’s changed his mind on not ever playing forward.

IN: McKercher and Logue
OUT: Stephens and Pink (if injured)

I wouldn't mind having a look at Duursma now that this midfield is really improving the flow and delivery forward. But maybe not yet and maybe not against the dogs.

Sellers is the other guy who could take advantage.

I'd look at Dawson in for Lmac, too, but not expecting it.
I thought Stephens was good for his 1.5 quarters . Def gave us some run & gun off the wing . Got 14 possessions. Was clean & was part of the reason of our comeback.

How about we wait and see if Logue can actually play out a game tomorrow before calling him back in?

I’d suspect he’ll be on managed minutes for a few weeks in the VFL, especially since he HASN’T PLAYED IN 12 MONTHS.

Some people need to manage expectations

Might wait to see how the VFL goes before making any definitive calls.

Absolute selection dilemma with Dawson and Logue both becoming available, assuming Logue is ready: absolutely want to see both players in our side because since Dawson's return we've looked so much better and I think we missed him tonight. Just not sure who comes out of the backline as it is: Corr and Comben are both in very good form and I don't want to see Charlie swung back forward because he looks too good as a backman. Wouldn't mind seeing Logue at CHF replacing Pink.

Would like to have McKercher back in and Stephens is the obvious out, but he was the sub so we'd have to make Shiels or Tucker the sub, maybe even Taylor but I thought he was too good tonight to leave out of the 23 next week, I'm hesitant to push either Shiels or Tucker out of the starting lineup either though because even though they don't get a heap of the ball they're seasoned bodies and you can see the difference it makes in steadying our very young team.

How about we wait and see if Logue can actually play out a game tomorrow before calling him back in?

I’d suspect he’ll be on managed minutes for a few weeks in the VFL, especially since he HASN’T PLAYED IN 12 MONTHS.

Indeed. From managed minutes to straight back into the 1’s seems a bit of a stretch.

Clarkson has said that Logue will have 2 games in the VFL l cant see him getting picked next week.
And picking Mckersher will depend on how he pulls up tomorrow after the VFL game. So for me its

Out : Pink inj
In: Dawson

BTW did anyone else notice Comben hurting his right shoulder late in the game? l'm hoping it was just a stinger but he was definately carrying it....

If we're making suggestions before the VFL side plays then they obviously come with disclaimers around how they go and fitness and all of that.

There's no harm in it.

Clarkson has said that Logue will have 2 games in the VFL l cant see him getting picked next week.
And picking Mckersher will depend on how he pulls up tomorrow after the VFL game. So for me its

Out : Pink inj
In: Dawson

BTW did anyone else notice Comben hurting his right shoulder late in the game? l'm hoping it was just a stinger but he was definately carrying it....

Took an intercept mark immediately afterwards. Been carrying it all season.

IN: Dawson
OUT: Pink if injured.

I don't think Logue will be ready after such a long layoff, may take at least two games in the VFL to see if he is ready.

I expect McKercher may be given two games as well after his foot injury.

The only definite in is Dawson - especially, if Pink doesn’t pull up. If Duursma plays again tomorrow like last week, he’ll be a big chance. Stephens appears to have played his role OK. He definitely got enough disposals. As expected, he’s not exactly “hard at it”. However, in the last quarter, we had plenty of other players who showed serious grunt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: McKercher Bergman Dawson
OUT: Pink McDonald Stephens

B: Archer Corr Fisher
HB: McKercher Comben Tucker
C: Scott LDU Shiels
HF: Simpkin Teakle Ford
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri Sheezel Wardlaw
I: Phillips Powell Bergman Dawson
S: Taylor

Fight for spots starting to get harder. Taylor an unlucky sub. Pink out for Dawson. Harsh too.
There is literally no place for McDonald in this side when everyone is fit.

Logue coming back soon as well is great. Its clicking.

Pink came back into the game and played before being subbed out so I'm not 100% he will miss next week.

We should all hope he doesn't because we need him.

With that in mind...

In: McKercher, Dawson
Out: Simpkin? Pink? McDonald?

It will be interesting to see how their KPF are set up with Darcy and Naughton back, surely Lobb can't be dropped after 4 goals and 3 contested marks. I don't think they will but if they play 4 kf that would be a nightmare, really excited to see how our defence respond to their forward line. Does anyone know what injury Pink got? If he's fine to play next week I'd have him switch back and bring back Dawson, and would give Sellers another shot, especially if Busslinger debuts.

need some fresh legs! like to see the following in

Kerch
Duurs
Hardeman
Dawson
Logue (Maybe)

like to see out
Stephens
Pink
Mcdonald
Tucker

Is Chom ok? reckon he could do with a game off but hes too important

Tucker > McKercher

Then the positive problems start. The backline is functioning nicely. Logue & K Dawson available...

Archer playing really well and needs games. I'd be nervous if I was L McDonald...

Chom is arguably in AA squad form down back. Do we bring in both Logue & Dawson, drop L Mac & Pink and move Chom forward?

Stephens is a good sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back