Review Round 16 - Collingwood @ PF Stadium - 29th June 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma on afl 360 last night mentioned Flanders in the midfield and seemed he was about to say he will play there this week but cut himself off.
Personally I had Humphrey dropped but looking at his stats he played 75% in the defensive half, pick him again and play him forward half. Probably playing more the ainsworth role so maybe we play a genuine winger so ainsworth can play more the high half fwd.

Dimma on afl 360 last night mentioned Flanders in the midfield and seemed he was about to say he will play there this week but cut himself off.
Personally I had Humphrey dropped but looking at his stats he played 75% in the defensive half, pick him again and play him forward half. Probably playing more the ainsworth role so maybe we play a genuine winger so ainsworth can play more the high half fwd.
We all have super high hopes for Humper but if you get 4 touches and hooked is it right to get a game next week if other players are in line?(do we have other players in line??)

We all have super high hopes for Humper but if you get 4 touches and hooked is it right to get a game next week if other players are in line?(do we have other players in line??)
As much as I like Humphrey, he offered nothing in the last 2 games. Not sure why Dimma did not give him significant minutes in the middle (could not be worse there than Anderson).

Surely, Johnston (although average in VFL after illness), Davies, Rosas (if healthy) would offer more.

Couldn’t be less of a chance to win from my point of view. Players got back 3am Monday

Collingwood on a 13 day break

Pendlebury, De Goey and Mihocek all back fit

Closer than last years no show would be a good surprise

Rosas and Ellis both injured now also

Really want Touk tagging Daicos, Anderson half back, Flanders on ball, Humphrey, Graham and Swallow the others going through there

Couldn’t be less of a chance to win from my point of view. Players got back 3am Monday

Really want Touk tagging Daicos, Anderson half back, Flanders on ball, Humphrey, Graham and Swallow first emergency
Good call

Really want Touk tagging Daicos, Anderson half back, Flanders on ball, Humphrey, Graham and Swallow the others going through there
Pretty sure Anderson never played half back. Big call.

Maybe he just ain’t that good..
I think he could be. Still only his second year. Well, I hope he can be good… since we signed him to a long contract—which I was pretty hyped for at the time.

But he is clearly a mid-forward, rather than a forward-very rarely mid. He’a still raw around the edges too, unfortunately. Happy to give him a bit of time. He tore up Darwin, and has played a some blistering games. But I was hoping to see a few more of them this year so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds as though pendlebury, degoey and mihocek back in but Schultz and quanor out crook.
In other news sounds like Sam Taylor on track for a return right when we play the giants.

Meanwhile there’s a MINI GF on Saturday

While people are talking about bending over for the precious Big VFL club and how much they can sell themselves to them………

if we actually win this Saturday this season is well and truly back and humming.

Get your heads in the game

This is bigger than big

How good it would be to sing the song on Saturday night

MINI GF #4 2024

Last edited:
Only 2 changes 😬
King and Holman in
Rogers and Ellis out
I was kind of unsurprised to see DMac on the emergency list
You wonder whether Dimma wants to have a look before delisting him
Holman was a no brainer
Kids vs Maynard et al is ok in a Hollywood movie but real life not
Hairy shoulders Saturday

I know he is a fan favourite, but I just don’t see it with Holman.

Recalled as a forward after getting 30 touches and no goals. Yet other forwards get 3+ goals in the VFL for no reward, some consistently (e.g Farrar).

Him and Berry are the same player and between them combine for less than a goal a game…

Anyway, King back is good. 2 extra goals a game right there. And Luko has two targets to kick to now.

Holman did have 30 touches and 7 tackles (although didn’t hit the scoreboard lol) so probably did what he was asked to do by the coaches I guess.

Hopefully Humphrey is sub and can come on and get his hands on it in the second half a bit.

With those Collingwood ins and off a 13 day break against a 5.5 day rest, I REALLLY hope they are coming back underdone otherwise we are in trouble. Season defining game here.

The guy has no doubt given his all for this club. The toughest nut this club has seen. But he’s fallen off the cliff this season. Maybe he can pick himself up, or maybe his aging body doesn’t let him?
Dimma will give him a job and he will do it.
If he can make some trademark tackles early where he puts a few of them on the Carrara Grass then it will have a flow on effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16 - Collingwood @ PF Stadium - 29th June 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back