Review Round 16 - Collingwood @ PF Stadium - 29th June 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to eat my words.
Sam Day has been very serviceable and has been competing really well.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How good have the last 2 weeks been Bodsy.
Warriors and Collingwood booted off the GC in style.

Wow…
Just about 10mins ago I said pretty much exactly that in the Titans Forum.

And you are right. It’s been a dream.

Wowee! What a win!!!

Collingwood did what they do to everyone in that fourth quarter by coming back to snatch the lead but our boys held their nerve and gave them a bit of their own medicine by letting them feel what it's like to lose a close fourth quarter game when having the lead late in the game. So proud that the boys didn't give in when the Pies hit the lead and kept pushing to pull off a famous victory. Very impressive stuff.

Really feels like we're on the verge of something special here. If we can parlay this win into our first away win of the season next week then suddenly the Port Adelaide game at PFS becomes huge for us. So much to play for from here!

I'm going to eat my words.
Sam Day has been very serviceable and has been competing really well.

Yep
If there's an appropriate penance I need to partake as well
To be fair I thought he was a decent player up until that stupid knee injury at the Broadbeach sandtrap but I never thought he could or should have been kept on list after that
Credit to him
I hope Jed Walter is watching him and Kingy and seeing what makes an AFL forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BRM i appreciate you just doing your job as mod, but can you please clarify the no bagging the umpires? This is the internet, on a non afl-endorsed forum.. why the censorship? Thanks in advance
Happy to answer this. SUNS and I are taking an active stance in not letting our small supporter base turn into all the others where bagging umpires is commonplace. As I mentioned earlier tonight I'm happy to allow constructive comments about umpiring but just flat-out mass chanting "Cheating VFL Umpires" and it's variants is becoming very tiresome to continue to see.

Essentially, it's something we want to try and stamp out of our culture

tldr; Critisising umpires = okay / mindlessly shitting on umpires = bad.

I’m no mod, but as I understand it; you can question an umpire’s ability to do the job, but can’t use the cheat line.

Might have had that reminder once or twice myself
Yep that's all it is, Certain words and phrases.

Occasionally some overly enthusiastic posters need to be reminded

Speaking of the game -

I'll be honest I thought we were sunk when DeGoey kicked that absurd goal in the 4th.

Ben's Long and Ainsworth and also Bob Uwland take a ****ing bow my kings.
Kurt Angle Wrestling GIF by WWE

Too much awesome about last night to write about. Great game of footy, excellent performance against the best, epic ****in win.

Bodhi, ****ing Uwland, you star. If Zeke is as good and has half the heart I shall be investing in cloning Uwlands.

Said it for the Essendon and Richmond games but even though we still get outnumbered, its no where near as one-sided as previous years.

The Ainsworth goal was probably the loudest the stadium has been since the Anderson game winner

Last edited:
Just watched the replay......can't watch live and haven't for a couple of years now.....no good for heart and blood pressure....but let me tell youse all ....Graham, Uwland, Jeffrey, Andrew and others are the future of this club...
...and they all have one thing in common - total committment for the hard ball and never take the easy way out. More coming as well.

Happy to answer this. SUNS and I are taking an active stance in not letting our small supporter base turn into all the others where bagging umpires is commonplace. As I mentioned earlier tonight I'm happy to allow constructive comments about umpiring but just flat-out mass chanting "Cheating VFL Umpires" and it's variants is becoming very tiresome to continue to see.

Essentially, it's something we want to try and stamp out of our culture

tldr; Critisising umpires = okay / mindlessly shitting on umpires = bad.

Yep that's all it is, Certain words and phrases.

Occasionally some overly enthusiastic posters need to be reminded
Pretty clear when Jon Ralph, Tony Shaw etc are questioning the quality of the umpires this year - apparently Essendon experienced an horrific run last night. ...but they are people so we shouldn't hurt their feelings. There is a quality control issue for sure and the AFL continually changing the rules and allowing rookie umpires on to the field has a lot to do with it. I feel we (Suns) have had a pretty good go from them this year though compared to those years when Ole Baldy ran rampant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back