Review Round 16 = Gold Coast 101-90 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Now you’re just making crap up
Huh?

Do you actually watch him?

Everything I stated is fact and how Moore plays.

His best footy comes as a peeling off his opponent pushing up and effecting the contest prior to last year usually by intercept mark.

He was also a "dashing" chb defender and helped us launch of HB.

He now does both those things much less either by design, confidence or opponent planning.

He plays a role but is no where near as influential on the game as he was.

Huh?

Do you actually watch him?

Everything I stated is fact and how Moore plays.

His best footy comes as a peeling off his opponent pushing up and effecting the contest prior to last year usually by intercept mark.

He was also a "dashing" chb defender and helped us launch of HB.

He now does both those things much less either by design, confidence or opponent planning.

He plays a role but is no where near as influential on the game as he was.
Jesus, where would I start?

I can’t be bothered as nothing I say would make any difference to you and will get nowhere.

You and others need to understand how our backline is set up to play and what their roles are. It all depends on defensive pressure because we set up, especially Darcy, in very aggressive positions.

If the ball is getting easily pumped into our backline goals are going to get scored and all players will have a couple kicked on them. We also then intercept less.

Every single backman is under pressure at the moment.

Our “Bigs” on every line really were non competitive and lazy in choosing when to go and when to put in repeat efforts.

Really disappointing games in particular from Mihocek, Cameron and Frampton because they were all comprehensively beaten and led to the ball all day long.

Noble’s last month also has been poor in that he has lost his legs to run and carry and drive.
He should watch Naicos and maybe even spend a summer training with him because he just wills himself and powers with his legs every chance he gets even when you think he shouldn’t have to…..he just continues to gut run and it’s no surprise the best 5-6 players in the game right now all have this trait in terms of just power running from contest to contest in the Sydney trio of Heeney, Warner and Gulden, Naicos, Bont and Sam Walsh.

The other area for concern is also the F50 in terms of how it’s functioning as a collective.
Ball bounces out of there far too easily the last 2-3 weeks.
the opposition getting to the drop of the ball and sweeping it out far too easily.

A hard watch on also the opposition tactics in the coming stretch of games regarding how teams opt to play against us.
There’s a pattern in trying to keep the ball off us by going short and through us either by uncontested marks or today —handball chain —which normally we swarm all over —but we were outnumbered in every chain today.
Teams don’t really want to get into a running open flow type game against us and are prepared to make the ground big and keep the ball away from us and our numbers.
We sag off and roll back and contribute to this method hoping to sweat on a turnover that’s too far up the ground by the time it may potentially come as opposed to try and squeeze up and try to turn it over within 70m of goal max as opposed to 100-120m from goal or even deeper in our back 50.

We need to keep our smaller players higher closer to goal and not roll them up so high up the ground and try to catch them on the way back all the time.
Jeremy Howe playing forward is the way to go too and should start there and swing back only if needed, not start back and swing forward to chase a game like it is at moment…he is the only real natural in leading to the ball carrier rather than always running to get it out the back.
The rest of our forwards should spent some time and watch his patterns on leading up.

It’s a long season and the results again so far this round show it’s all open for the taking for anyone
excellent post

The center set up with 3 mins to go after we hit the lead was a poor choice.

Nick, Degoey and even Pendles are not lock it in types or brute mids to feed another outside mid.

They are very similar in how they win the ball.

We played to a losing ruck so that combination was not suited to "winning" the ball.
2010cm Witts had fed the GC mids first use foe much of the night, we needed strong physical bodies in there. It was a poo4lr tactical move by coaching group.

This was the setup when we lost our first three games too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pendlebury carried a sore arm. He was unable to make a hard start or apply pressure.
He came into it when the game cooled down a little.
We changed the formula and it cost us.
We shouldn’t have changed the Crisp-Daicos dynamic.

Didn't understand the 2 kickouts down the middle with 5 minutes to go and down by a point.

Straight to 4 GC players... twice. There's no system in that or simply players not getting to the right spots.

Was the story of the game. Countless times where GC had players waiting on their own and moved the ball with ease.

As usual we fought back but law of averages suggests we can't keep winning when giving up 5 goal plus leads.

Is it time to make Howe a full time forward? We struggle to kick goals when he’s not playing forward. He seems to be playing the Elliot hit up role.

We 100% lack a lead up forward when invisible WHE rocks up and no Elliott. That 2nd quarter was awful to watch, we just kept going up the line to the Suns talls. That was the ball game.

Jesus, where would I start?

I can’t be bothered as nothing I say would make any difference to you and will get nowhere.

You and others need to understand how our backline is set up to play and what their roles are. It all depends on defensive pressure because we set up, especially Darcy, in very aggressive positions.

If the ball is getting easily pumped into our backline goals are going to get scored and all players will have a couple kicked on them. We also then intercept less.

Every single backman is under pressure at the moment.

You can't be bothered because you can't defend it at least fully.

Defensive set up only explains one part of D.Moores drop off not everything I put on the table.

The issue I have with your reasoning to why his form or impact has fallen away, is he has always played aggressively and pushed up to effect the contest.

Imo his 1v1 game has always been suspect.

Darcy is an exceptional reader of the play,
  • has very good hands when marking,
  • great run and drive (when he uses it),
  • use to be a great kick (been shakey last 18 months but you don't lose talent only confidence).
  • typically great positioning to peel and support ( getting caught too high in '24)
  • good organisation skills for Defensive 6 and mids rolling back.

Has had good games, ok games and poor games in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We 100% lack a lead up forward when invisible WHE rocks up and no Elliott. That 2nd quarter was awful to watch, we just kept going up the line to the Suns talls. That was the ball game.

Happens most weeks.

Just because we have managed and even got a flag with a smaller fwd line doesn't mean it's not a weakness or deficiency.

First half - post bye lethargy. Plus Hardwick knows the weaknesses in our style. Third quarter I thought we were pretty good but got unlucky. Good in the last, but shit happens.

Our fringe players all looked very much like fringe players today.

Suns play at home, their midfield turns up.
Suns play away, their midfield fail to turn up.

Rinse and repeat for the entire season.

This game was always gonna be tough and we weren't too far away from getting it done. GC are a tough opponent at home and despite us getting few stars back they were always gonna be under done. But if we're serious about going back to back Sully needs to go asap, Frampton needs to play to his limitations and our Captain needs to realize Murphy is no longer there and he can't afford to play as loose as he's been accustomed to.

Genuinely curious for answers but is this going to be our “brand” of football now forever?
Constantly outmarked. The constant “late quarter comeback” BS.

At what point is the club going to take a hard look at itself as to why that’s not really an acceptable standard. It’s not a one off - it’s a repeatable exercise of playing like amateurs for the majority of the match and then suddenly showing up in the last quarter.

Pies deserved to lose and clearly nothing so far has served as a wake up call. The “well needed break” clearly also did nothing.

Kangas. Last in the comp. Thumped us and we stole a win.
GC. 2nd last in the comp. Thumped us all night.

So again - has this become our brand? Because it’s not cool with me. Play properly and with purpose from minute one. Not the last quarter.

Say what?

You can't be bothered because you can't defend it at least fully.

Defensive set up only explains one part of D.Moores drop off not everything I put on the table.

The issue I have with your reasoning to why his form or impact has fallen away, is he has always played aggressively and pushed up to effect the contest.

Imo his 1v1 game has always been suspect.

Darcy is an exceptional reader of the play,
  • has very good hands when marking,
  • great run and drive (when he uses it),
  • use to be a great kick (been shakey last 18 months but you don't lose talent only confidence).
  • typically great positioning to peel and support ( getting caught too high in '24)
  • good organisation skills for Defensive 6 and mids rolling back.

Has had good games, ok games and poor games in 2024.
You started with this:

“He was living off reputation. Most pundits had him not playing to well for much of last year and most of this.”

How do I reason with you after this load of bullocks? He was in nearly every pundits AA team last year and it wasn’t the least bit controversial.

His one on one stats are fine this year. As has been pointed out he is running at losing 0.5 a game.

I’ve acknowledged he is not performing as well as last year but that’s mainly due to the intercept marking and rebound dropping off. As I’ve stated I reckon this is largely due to when our midfield gets thumped.

That’s it from me. You can claim the internet win. I’m going to bed

Unfortunately though Crispy had a pretty down game and his form was very important in our good patch.

Crisp was not in the center for those dying minutes.

They opted for a "star" set up, I assume to 'win' - the game.

Bit that set up imo requires at the least a completive ruck set up.
The 210cm Witts had shown clear advantage over the smaller Cameron at the center bounces.
Degoey is a shark hit on the run mid.
Pendles is a stand and contested mid potentially swoop on a loose ball his way.
Nick is a mix of the above 2 and working to add contested game into it.
Hopefully he projects (which imo he looks to be working towards) more Buckley as an inside/outside explosive mid vs Pendles keep the stance guard the space style mid.

You started with this:

“He was living off reputation. Most pundits had him not playing to well for much of last year and most of this.”

How do I reason with you after this load of bullocks? He was in nearly every pundits AA team last year and it wasn’t the least bit controversial.

That’s it from me. You can claim the internet win. I’m going to bed

Go back through this boards comments over the year for Moore and AA was not on the table imo his reputation from years prior and the teams record, helped get him the media nod which most the AA selectors are.

That is why I said living off reputation. His year imo was good for half and below par for half.

I may of "won the internet" but you won the emotive posting to try win the argument award.

I like that both your posts "attacked" with rubbish and bullocks, to attempt to discredit without addressing the actual post. And as per usual 1 muppet Elliottsmagpie fell for it hook, line and sinker.
It's a nice tactic it leaves the unattentative reader thinking you are categorically right despite not having to provide any evidence bravo.👏

Last edited:
Go back through this boards comments over the year for Moore and AA was not on the table imo his reputation from years prior and the teams record, helped get him the media nod which most the AA selectors are.

That is why I said living off reputation. His year imo was good for half and below par for half.
He was an AA lock all year. There was not one single surprise.

Don’t just make up stuff to suit your argument. It’s embarrassing.

Edit: btw, just say you don’t agree with it but don’t try and back it up with rubbish. I for one would respect that more.

He was an AA lock all year. There was not one single surprise.

Don’t just make up stuff to suit your argument. It’s embarrassing.

Edit: btw, just say you don’t agree with it but don’t try and back it up with rubbish. I for one would respect that more.

Clearly I do disagree and posted WHY.

Making it up is laughable. Use the search button after games in HnA back half of last year.

Also I'm not the first poster to post about Moores " lack of form" for the last 12 to 18 months...if he was as rolled gold AA as you say then this would not be a discussion..btw I replied in response to you having a crack at another poster about Moores form...

We are all pies supporters and all want our players to perform. If he'd been his best self no one would say boo.
You are the deluded one living off past deeds and team performance for him obvs or just don't like "star" players criticised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16 = Gold Coast 101-90 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back