Review Round 16 = Gold Coast 101-90 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s averaging 0.5 contested losses a game for this year.

Personally Moore’s issues aren’t the contested losses.

It’s how many time he lets his opponents get uncontested footy by his lack of accountability, zoning off and trailing the contest.

He is horrible form if his role is legitimately to be a third up intercepting/disrupting defender.

Mate didn’t you realise that every goal is a quick turn over from us and our defence is out of position?
You gotta understand our defence set up, I wish I did, please someone tell me how we set up.

It’s mind boggling how she can’t see how putrid he’s been for a long time now, attacks everyone last game saying Larkey didn’t kick any goals on him in the first quarter, so I go back and watch a little bit of the replay, first north Melbourne goal is from a centre bounce and larkey marks on a lead from a kick from Wardlaw, I’ll give you one guess who is 2 meters behind him.
It’s blind love and he can’t do nothing wrong.
What replay of the North game did you watch?

The first goal to Larkey was due to a turnover by Lippa when he played on as the whole team was running forward and got tackled in the centre of the ground by LDU. LDU then recovered the ball and had the entire forward line open to kick into space before Larkey. There is not a backman that has ever played the game that could have stopped it.

You’re making a fool of yourself.

Try again.

Why is it when we lose, everyone is terrible and got smashed? We got outplayed by a better side (up there) in the first three quarters. The fumbles were a result of the sweat and slippery conditions kind of unique to GC. They handled it beautifully because they are unbeaten at home.

Very proud of the comeback in the last, never say die, and in the end we were unlucky not to pinch it given Noble (who was a spark) and Maynard were both off for the better part of the last quarter.

But yeah as others have said, pinching it may paper over that we were outplayed. We need to be better pretty much all over the ground to be a top 4 team, which I don't believe we are on this year's form. Though granted it has been super disjointed with injuries and will continue to be with 3 injuries picked up last night.

GC seemed to win a lot of exit ball from our defense and from clearances. Little handball shuffles out to a man and then an another and another until they were clear. Was very good coaching as we seemed unable to stop it despite our pressure.
Fantastic spurt in the last quarter but came up short this time. Regroup and move on.

I don't know when the penny will drop. So many supporters still don't rate Cox and view him as on the cusp of our best 23 when I see him as indispensable.

His height and leap would have been invaluable against Witts today
Agree - and so many here saying Krueger could take Cox’s role in the Ruck was absurd.
Some pretty naive comments that were laid to rest as patently wrong yesterday.

The re-writing of Cox as a star difference maker is interesting. I must have been watching a different player earlier this year.

I won’t argue that he may have been better in the centre bounces against Witts when it was his rotation, however, that was likely to be only minimal minutes like Kreuger had as Cameron has had a great year and is a top 4 ruck in the comp this year.

That means that Cox would have played forward most of the game and the way it was played with our lack of territory I’m sure he would have been invisible and a liability for defensive pressure.

Agree - and so many here saying Krueger could take Cox’s role in the Ruck was absurd.
Some pretty naive comments that were laid to rest as patently wrong yesterday.
The problem is that Cox may not come back this year and Kreuger will be taking his place in the ruck. I think Kreuger's worth to the team would ideally have been measured by his contribution to the forward line with him playing only a small part time ruck role.

Unfortunately when Cameron is beaten by a taller opponent, Cox's absence suddenly becomes important. Let's not forget that prior to his injury, he was having a poor season. Kreuger only had 7 disposals and a goal against the Suns, but if our midfield being beaten put pressure on our defenders, it also robbed us of drive and system in attack.

Of the options available outside of Cox, there is only Kreuger - no one else is available. You might do well to throw your support behind Kreuger because you are likely to be seeing a lot more of him this season.

The problem is that Cox may not come back this year and Kreuger will be taking his place in the ruck. I think Kreuger's worth to the team would ideally have been measured by his contribution to the forward line with him playing only a small part time ruck role.

Unfortunately when Cameron is beaten by a taller opponent, Cox's absence suddenly becomes important. Let's not forget that prior to his injury, he was having a poor season. Kreuger only had 7 disposals and a goal against the Suns, but if our midfield being beaten put pressure on our defenders, it also robbed us of drive and system in attack.

Of the options available outside of Cox, there is only Kreuger - no one else is available. You might do well to throw your support behind Kreuger because you are likely to be seeing a lot more of him this season.
My point was a simple one. People were suggesting Cox is no longer best 22 and Krueger replaces him.
That’s just bollocks.
Witt’s would have been far less influential if he was doubled teamed by DC and Cox.

What really annoyed me, the kick outs in the last quarter at the end. Into the corridor that was absolutely flooded. Why did we keep doing that!! When it didn’t work the first time, shouldn’t have tried it again.

Biggest issue, and fly also alluded to this I think, Gold Coast had more numbers at every contest.

Against North we were flat and lethargic. Nick was sick so I assumed a bit of illness was around the club.

This week was the same. Flat. Lethargic. Not running hard.

Won’t win many more games if we continue this.
Teams come out flat in the first half after the bye. It just happens and coaches can't seem to stop it.

We've lost 2 games since the shit start to the year despite crippling injuries - both games we were well and truly in it.

We'll be back winning as of next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The re-writing of Cox as a star difference maker is interesting. I must have been watching a different player earlier this year.

I won’t argue that he may have been better in the centre bounces against Witts when it was his rotation, however, that was likely to be only minimal minutes like Kreuger had as Cameron has had a great year and is a top 4 ruck in the comp this year.

That means that Cox would have played forward most of the game and the way it was played with our lack of territory I’m sure he would have been invisible and a liability for defensive pressure.
Cox always plays more than minimal minutes which is all we can afford when Krueger is the second ruckman.

Cox is capable of taking on the lead role in the ruck if necessary and was for a period of time last year the preferred starting option in the finals.

We have also won many more games than we have lost with Cox spending plenty of time in our forward line.

You wonder how much hunger Moore has after last years flag.

You don’t just forget how to play.
He's going alright. His one on one defending has improved. He's no longer treated as a defender in marking contests. He gets scragged, so there's not as many clunks.

Not rewriting history at all. It’s simply a case of physical match ups.
DC and Cox would be far more effective at restricting Witt’s than DC and any pinch hitter.
Not to mention contesting long balls down the line, or allowing DC/Cox to spend more time in defence.

My point was a simple one. People were suggesting Cox is no longer best 22 and Krueger replaces him.
That’s just bollocks.
Witt’s would have been far less influential if he was doubled teamed by DC and Cox.
And I guess my counterpoint is that it's no use lamenting the loss of Cox because he is out long term. And Cox is really only best 22 against teams with abnormally tall rucks who will trouble Cameron. As a forward, Kreuger potentially has more to offer.

Teams come out flat in the first half after the bye. It just happens and coaches can't seem to stop it.

We've lost 2 games since the shit start to the year despite crippling injuries - both games we were well and truly in it.

We'll be back winning as of next week.
I shouldn't really be surprised by the over reactions & carry on to this loss. But I had thought it may have calmed down since last night & people had time to sleep on it & reflect. But it seems worse 🥴

Now it seems Cox is our saviour & Moore is finished 🙄

Last edited:
Hit outs : Witts 32 Cameron 28 Lukosius 2 Krueger 9

Centre clearances : Suns 12 Pies 11

Clearances : Suns 32 Pies 39

Stoppage clearances : Suns 20 Pies 28
Suns beat us in the middle.
That’s where the game was lost.

And I guess my counterpoint is that it's no use lamenting the loss of Cox because he is out long term. And Cox is really only best 22 against teams with abnormally tall rucks who will trouble Cameron. As a forward, Kreuger potentially has more to offer.
Kreuger kicked one goal yesterday. Cox has done that and more on multiple occasions.

I shouldn't really be surprised by the over reactions & carry on to this loss. But I had thought it may have calmed down since last night & people had time to sleep on & reflect. But it seems worse 🥴

Now it seems Cox is our saviour & Moore is finished 🙄
Cox is not our saviour. Neither is McStay or any other individual. But they are important cogs in our machine who definitely impact our output.

GCS only had Witts, so not sure you’ve made your case that Cox is only needed when we face a 2 Ruck combo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16 = Gold Coast 101-90 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back