Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin > Riewoldt
Swallow > Stanton

Thoughts? I can afford any midfielder. Stanton at a low price is the way I'm leaning towards at the moment.

I want to upgrade JOM to a premium midfielder. I already have Pendles, Stanton, Jack, Jelwood, and Fyfe.

I'm initially thinking JOM > Swan, but are others worried that with the inclusion of Beams back in the Collingwood side, that he'll "steal" points from Swan and Pendles?

Or is JOM > Barlow the better option? I was going to go Fyfe > Barlow at a later stage.

I want to upgrade JOM to a premium midfielder. I already have Pendles, Stanton, Jack, Jelwood, and Fyfe.

I'm initially thinking JOM > Swan, but are others worried that with the inclusion of Beams back in the Collingwood side, that he'll "steal" points from Swan and Pendles?

Or is JOM > Barlow the better option? I was going to go Fyfe > Barlow at a later stage.

He didn't steal points from Swan last year

Swan dominated with beams last year. And they'll both help each other rack up handballs... That's if beams even comes back in full flight... He might play shittier than a sack of spuds.

Jacobs to Kreuzer. Finally drop the lumbering spud...

Not sure about other trade. Think Mitchell will score well against GWS so prepared to wait a week on Watson, and seek out the best available downgrade. Thurlow to B Wilson a possibility.

Option A
Hoff - N-Roo
Hartlett - Hanley
(Tom Mitchell M6)

Option B
Kane Mitchell - Kieran Jack (Tom Mitchell moved to M7)
Hoff - N-Roo

Option C
Hoff - N-Roo
Staker - Trav Cloke

Changed my mind from trading ellis
I think im going to keep him and he can remain a viable d6/d7 for the future

So
JOM > McBean (swing Zorko to mids)
And finally cuttinf lonergan because he has been injured for ages and I cant handlr a dead spot in my mids any longer
Lonergan > Enright (swing Hartlett to mids)

Yep Ive decided to keep Ellis too as my B6/7, I still think he will average 90ish.

With that in mind I have upgraded Laird to Hanley giving me a backline of Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Malceski, Hanley, Terlich (Ellis/Clisby)

Are there any quality fwd or mid rooks on the bubble? Need to get SJ back into my fwds from my mid bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trading Ellis out this week with the thought of getting him back in a few weeks as valuable cover for far cheaper than what he is right now with that 18 rolling through his average. I think he can still average highly for a back but with Conca and Co back in, I think his mid time may go down a little and won't average what he has been averaging

With Tuck maybe coming in for Vlastuin. Time to let him go.

Taylor, Terlich or Pearce...thoughts? Got a bit more cash to play with than just the trade

Currently

Watson > SJ- Need to get him back into team asap.

Hartlett > J.Redden- Like redden's upcoming fixture, he's cheap and does better in the 2nd half of the year.

Franklin -> SJ
Ellis -> Barlow (goodes to def)

So have a midfield of Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Barlow, Dangerfield, Jelwood, Redden, Tichell (Hodge, Vlas)

Need to work on my rucks next week. Got Leuey, Blicavs, Nicholls, Rowe. Cox playing fwd atm.

Was hoping I get rid of Buddy to get SJ back but that spud has lost too much cash for it to happen, hence Cloke has to go instead. Looking at Cloke's history, he tends to get destroyed by Rutten anyway, but then he has GC and GWS, hope I can have the luxury to bring him back in next week!

Dont mind Gaz putting his feet up for another week also.. would hate to have to bench T.Mitchell vs GWS! :D

Anyone else jumping (in my case back on) that shaky looking Hanley train?? Need the moral support.. :p

Was hoping I get rid of Buddy to get SJ back but that spud has lost too much cash for it to happen, hence Cloke has to go instead. Looking at Cloke's history, he tends to get destroyed by Rutten anyway, but then he has GC and GWS, hope I can have the luxury to bring him back in next week!

Dont mind Gaz putting his feet up for another week also.. would hate to have to bench T.Mitchell vs GWS! :D

Anyone else jumping (in my case back on) that shaky looking Hanley train?? Need the moral support.. :p

Im getting him in for vlastuin, bargain at that price imo. with rich back looks to be scoring well again.

Im getting him in for vlastuin, bargain at that price imo. with rich back looks to be scoring well again.

Huge structural changes at the Lions in the last month enforced by Merrett, Maguire, Brown missing. I'm backing Hanley in as now he doesn't have to go play HF as all 3 of those players are back. Sidenote, Rockliff almost certainly starting in mids with Black and Moloney out.

Huge structural changes at the Lions in the last month enforced by Merrett, Maguire, Brown missing. I'm backing Hanley in as now he doesn't have to go play HF as all 3 of those players are back. Sidenote, Rockliff almost certainly starting in mids with Black and Moloney out.

Those 3 are KPP though.. how does that affect Hanley and his HFF role?
Happy to believe you in saying Hanley will be back to his high-scoring wing/HBF role, but would like to learn more about how those 3 players will affect structures. Someone like Mayes would surely be more suited as a HF over Hanley?

Either way, Im bringing in Hanley anyway. Really like him as a player as well which is a nice bonus.

ellis > b.ebert(fn ellis!!!)
vlastuin > ROK

The only guns i do not have is pendles and griffin, but my opponent has them and i need a win in my league game. He doesnt have ebert or ROK, wont get them because of his upgrades he needs to do.

I have the cash to get any 2 mids. The only other play maybe would be k.jack.

so effectively next week:
ROK & Ebert v Pendles & Griffen

Any thoughts on my strategy?

Those 3 are KPP though.. how does that affect Hanley and his HFF role?
Happy to believe you in saying Hanley will be back to his high-scoring wing/HBF role, but would like to learn more about how those 3 players will affect structures. Someone like Mayes would surely be more suited as a HF over Hanley?

Either way, Im bringing in Hanley anyway. Really like him as a player as well which is a nice bonus.

Merrett + Maguire = Staker spending more time forward than back. Staker, Brown, then Bewick/Lisle as the 3 talls, with McGrath, Zorko, then Rockliff (sadly) rounding out the forward 6. Last week we brought back in Green, a proper forward crumber, which allowed Rockliff to drop back (enforced by Moloney and Black being injured), and yes Mayes did become an outside MF and try to push to HF.

Hanley should defo be spending more time on the wing this week, not so much HBF though. We've had the emergence of Justin Clarke and Lester (to a lesser extent) in our defensive unit. Rich been doing well dropping behind play across HB (a la Sam Mitchell) but that's not gonna last.

Been a long week of thinking, but decided on missing SJ this week because I can't stand to see Vlastuin leak more cash.

Watson -> 89k ruck (Blicavs to mid bench)
Vlastuin -> Hanley

300k to play with next week and will be hoping to somehow get B Kennedy -> SJ then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back