Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

The evidence is mounting that our fitness is a massive issue and is a key reason that we can’t play four quarters. The talk of having 40% more running and training volume in the preseason is just that, talk. We were fitter, stronger and harder last season.

The only positive was that Ned Long showed signs that he will be a player.

He did more in his short game time than the majority of the other 22 players outside Nick

Why he started as the sub is beyond me

Coaches have been making some baffling decisions around the sub

They don’t use it properly at all

Come on, OA...
You KNOW you can.
chris-farley-free.gif

I feel like in year 1 we used to overwhelm sides with our brand of attacking football.

Last year we tightened up the defence and bucked the trend of most Premiers due to the amount of scoring launched from our defensive area.

Now we not only allow the opposition to many looks at goal, our own forward 50 numbers must surely be down.

You get what you tolerate, I’m praying Fly doesn’t tolerate this crap.
And if he attributes everything to aBombers pressure in his presser I think I’ll be sick.

All evidence suggests that Fly does in fact tolerate this crap

Was a rough game, reminds me a bit of the Hawks game late last year, we were run off our feet and the ball bounced their way most of the night

Have to have these games every now and then, we'll be right and I fully expect us to bounce back next week

Why would they play IQ on a wing? Our backline was a Shadow of itself tonight. They took so many marks inside 50 over the back of the defenders it was crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles has been fine but JDG and Checkers aren't giving us much. Not just that but the midfield unit just is not working hard enough. Not enough tackling pressure, not enough spread and we get killed at stoppages. Mitchell out is huge, Elliott out is huge. McStay for the season so far has been huge and no Cox to work in the ruck tandom is wearing Cameron down. No McCreery tonight, missed his pressure. Moore and Frampton are not acting like pillars of defensive strength with turmoves and poor midfield pressure putting them under the pump too much. Crisp goes AWOL after qtr time, never saw Schultz at all, Jaicos plays injured and Nick gets tagged out. Unfortunately injuries and stale game plans have wrecked our seaosn and the boys look tired, worn out, done and dusted. They fought it out but again we play a half of footy that just went to waste and we don't have the cattle or energy to win late anymore. Teams are also working out how to hold on too. We can still make the eight but I think top 4 is gone. These last 2 weeks have been deplorable, we are not playing at a level that warrants a finals spot right now. It isn't that we don't want to, we can't.

Worse loss of the season to lose to a rubbish team like Essendon.

Too many players drinking their own bath water.

Lipinski, Markov need to go. Markov is so bloody indecisive.

The pressure up forward is non existent.

Fly needs to make a statement and drop a big name or two. Give me hungry players.
Drop the captain, it’s starts at the top and Darcy has been terrible all season.
Make a statement!
Was it Murphy that made Moore look good cause he has been terrible all year without Murphy.

Pack up and reset for next year, we ain't doing jack sh1t this year. Too many injuries, no hunger, game plan worked out.

So glad we won it last year

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly, imagine not winning last year and being in this position.

Still a huge let down though, but considering the injuries and our current age profile, it was going to be a long shot for this team to become a dynasty side.

Anybody who thinks this isn’t a pattern of behaviour now is kidding themselves. It’s been on display all year.

Collingwood consistently plays 1 good quarter and proceeds to shit the bed. Every week.

Yeah

We just happened to swap the quarter this week lol

Season over most likely after tonight's loss.

Mihocek likely out for multiple weeks if not the season I reckon, that shoulder just looked all sorts of wrong. DeGoey, Josh, Bruz and Nicky all clearly dinged up, maybe Cameron as well with having to carry the ruck load for weeks on end. Cavalry are still 2-3 weeks away (not that we have a lot anyway).

Not beating any of Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, Sydney or Brisbane with the brand of football we're producing at the moment, leaders are trying hard but just not having the same impact on the game and our young ones aren't stepping up to fill that gap, well what young ones we have anyway.

Schultz hasn't had the functional forward line around him that he needed to succeed so that was a failed move as well, albeit not his fault really. Kreuger as our last hope up forward tried really hard tonight all over the ground, but he just doesn't get to enough contests up forward which is what we really need him to do. Still the effort level is something most of the 22 out there tonight (and those on the sidelines) should look at and try to replicate.

If we'd had a better run with injuries then we'd be in a better position, but right now it is what it is and we are what we are, a team that doesn't look like it is finals quality and hasn't really for quite some time.

We hardly gave our forwards a look. Absolute pus.
Wtf start Long as sub?
Junk coaching and junk effort. That 3rd quarter was all-time garbage.
We will be lucky to play in an elimination final.

You get what you tolerate, I’m praying Fly doesn’t tolerate this crap.
Honestly and I mean this sincerely it’s looking a lot like he does tolerate this crap.

They’ve been serving this up all year. Although various people around here refused to see it simply because the pies scraped over the line in close ones.

The pies have dominated nobody all year. Nobody. They’ve been consistent underperformers and show limited glimpses of effort which is quickly erased the moment they do their usual shit the bed routine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back