Preview Round 17 - Essendon VS Collingwood, MCG, Friday 5/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think you can play 3 ruck sized players (Wright, Draper, Goldstein) and expect to win, you're making massive sacrifices on groundlevel pressure.

Yeah, the mix just doesn’t work in todays game with the flow on effect up forward.

We’re the only team left in the comp that plays two legit rucks. In the wet especially it’s just not feasible

McCreery and Noble out for the pies.

Not that it will matter if we can’t get our forward line up and running.

Have to drop a ruck this week.

IN - Caddy and Hobbs
OUT - Goldy (because they won’t drop Draper) and Menzie.

Wright FF ONLY.
Rest Langford.
Try McGrath or Heppell under 2mp.
Hind to Bobby Hill.
Agree with most and would "rest" Goldstein again. Maybe time to bring Wanganeen in for a look. But would play McGrath on Hill as he is one of our only defenders that excels one out and I think Hind on Hill will not end well.

Litteraraly half our team you can question where they are playing if of they should be. We have the best interceptor in the comp who's taking their best forward now? Martin is a centre forward. Draper is not a forward. Who is our small forward even? What happened to Redmans run off half back? I have no idea what Kelly or Hind or Cox or Menzie or even Jones are about anymore.

Game plan seems good but team selection seems out of wack. Can't imagine what the players are thinking

I think it is pretty clear that none of our rucks are the complete package . Not a fan of two rucks plus 2MP but all our rucks seem to have one clear area they do well but that is it. Draper has physical presence but limited game IQ . Goldy has good game IQ and gets up and back all game but is not physical. Bryan has some good game IQ but no physical presence . None of them rate in the marking department.

Out: Goldy, Jones (inj?), Menzies
In. Caddy, shiel, roberts (sub)

Still need to go for it but a debut can liven up the place a little after a frustrating few weeks.

Yeah, the mix just doesn’t work in todays game with the flow on effect up forward.

We’re the only team left in the comp that plays two legit rucks. In the wet especially it’s just not feasible
We play a side that generally plays two rucks this week. Not that I want two rucks. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

winnie the pooh love quotes GIF

Shiel is a lock IMO. Thought he looked mentally hungry.

Scott said the Bombers were not locked into a two-ruck structure ahead of Friday night’s blockbuster clash against Collingwood, but he doubled down on his comments after the Cats loss that fielding a taller side had not hurt his team.

He said experienced midfielder Dylan Shiel was “right in calculations” to play just his second game of the season after he had 33 disposals and six clearances in the Bombers’ VFL win over the Magpies on Saturday.

“I thought he looked like the Dylan Shiel we all know and love on the weekend in the VFL, I thought it was his best performance for the year,” Scott said.

“He’s had some injuries which have been really frustrating for him and have limited his ability to play to his strengths, but he’s over that now and he looks really solid … I was rapt with the way he played.”

Shiel is a lock IMO. Thought he looked mentally hungry.

Scott said the Bombers were not locked into a two-ruck structure ahead of Friday night’s blockbuster clash against Collingwood, but he doubled down on his comments after the Cats loss that fielding a taller side had not hurt his team.

He said experienced midfielder Dylan Shiel was “right in calculations” to play just his second game of the season after he had 33 disposals and six clearances in the Bombers’ VFL win over the Magpies on Saturday.

“I thought he looked like the Dylan Shiel we all know and love on the weekend in the VFL, I thought it was his best performance for the year,” Scott said.

“He’s had some injuries which have been really frustrating for him and have limited his ability to play to his strengths, but he’s over that now and he looks really solid … I was rapt with the way he played.”
From the training report on Blitz - Shiel was training in black (usually the seniors side). Goldy was in Red. Caddy was in black.

Could be

OUT - Goldy, Menzie
IN - Caddy, Shiel.

Training watcher also said that Redman didn’t look 100%.

We play a side that generally plays two rucks this week. Not that I want two rucks. :)

That’s true. They haven’t been without Cox though. But I guess that’s the same as us, we reverted back to the single ruck when Draper was out.

West Coast do it a bit too, though in an ideal world I’d assume they’d prefer Williams in the WAFL.

From the training report on Blitz - Shiel was training in black (usually the seniors side). Goldy was in Red. Caddy was in black.

Training watcher also said that Redman didn’t look 100%.
So Mason was in Red, man?

Pies injury report has both Maynard and Josh Daicos as tests for this week. But you’d think there is a bit of doubt with how sore they are apparently.

4810972B-D61E-4170-991F-59BCEFF2B216.jpeg

Attachments

• 3ABAEA4C-7148-47AC-BA47-32FE8F5E77D2.jpeg
    3ABAEA4C-7148-47AC-BA47-32FE8F5E77D2.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back