Preview Round 17 - Essendon VS Collingwood, MCG, Friday 5/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so funny in concept. We've already dropped off. 3 out of our last 4 are losses, likely to be 4 out of 5 after Friday night.
Apart from the Swans, every top 8 contender has had their bad patches this year. If the end result is a top 6 finish then it’s not a bad result.

I maintain that no one in the competition can handle injuries more than Collingwood. I swear that club constantly plays above their talent. It's like being a Collingwood player makes them put together a win through the strong desire to win alone.
There might also be something to say about Brisbane Lions alumni who've played under Leigh Matthews. Chris Scott and Craig Macrae have both won premierships as coaches. It looks like Voss and Brad Scott could be on the way, and Brad already has a prelim to his name. Maybe we should be looking in that direction for a forwardline coach.

I think we will lose and we won't be in the game for long.
I expect Collingwood to make a quick start and it will prove to be the difference.
All this talk of 'must win' will just be repeated and deferred every week.
We've seen it before.
100% this. The media is working hard to sell this as an enticing contest but on paper and form and history Pies will have it done by qtr time 😕

I am in the minority but I'd drop Draper before I dropped Goldy. Draper does SFA when up forward, has poor disposal, poor decision making and needs to go back to the VFL and learn his craft. I'd prefer Bryon to Draper.

I don't think it is a coincidence that we have looked much poorer after losing Parish and then Hobbs.. we are missing some grunt around the packs. If Shiel wants to come in and play that role then great.

I also think it was the right call to drop Davey but at least he was providing some forward pressure and pace.. our forwardline has become dysfunctional and one dimensioned. It is simply too tall with too many slower players. I realise guys like Cameron are unique but you can get away with more talls if they are nimble/hard runners. But Langford is always on one leg and struggling, wright is a lead up player at best and stringer is a hot/cold type player. The mix just isn't right up there.

If Scott wants to save this season and/or avoid an exact carbon copy of last year then he needs to swing the axe and really make some structural changes. We have been miles off it for over a month and lesser oppo made us look better than we were playing. This team has the ability to be better and we look to have some depth so start testing some of it.

For me:
Perkins out for Shiel
Draper out for Bryan
Cox out for Caddy
Redman (inj) out for Tsatas
Langford (inj) out for Davey

I am in the minority but I'd drop Draper before I dropped Goldy. Draper does SFA when up forward, has poor disposal, poor decision making and needs to go back to the VFL and learn his craft. I'd prefer Bryon to Draper.

Can't even outmark Toohey, FFS! :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it is a coincidence that we have looked much poorer after losing Parish and then Hobbs.. we are missing some grunt around the packs. If Shiel wants to come in and play that role then great.

I also think it was the right call to drop Davey but at least he was providing some forward pressure and pace.. our forwardline has become dysfunctional and one dimensioned. It is simply too tall with too many slower players. I realise guys like Cameron are unique but you can get away with more talls if they are nimble/hard runners. But Langford is always on one leg and struggling, wright is a lead up player at best and stringer is a hot/cold type player. The mix just isn't right up there.

If Scott wants to save this season and/or avoid an exact carbon copy of last year then he needs to swing the axe and really make some structural changes. We have been miles off it for over a month and lesser oppo made us look better than we were playing. This team has the ability to be better and we look to have some depth so start testing some of it.

For me:
Perkins out for Shiel
Draper out for Bryan
Cox out for Caddy
Agree on Draper but I would hold off for a week.

Umps will be very kind to him this week if he plays!

For me:
Perkins out for Shiel
Draper out for Bryan
Cox out for Caddy

We looked our best this season with Goldy and Draper without Wright.

Just saying.

Coll boards saying j daicos trained in capts run today so did Cameron. Both looked ok apparently.
Maynard unsighted but means nothing.

3-1 record with our best (and worst to be fair) game of the season inside those four games.
So? Over the past 3 seasons, our record with Parish is 15-25-1 and without it's 12-7 and aside from Bruno, nobody says we're a better side without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back