Preview Round 17 - Essendon VS Collingwood, MCG, Friday 5/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Perkins still getting picked

On form deserves to be dropped but still think he has the highest ceiling on our list so they are hoping he can play through it. I'd drop him next week if nothing as lost the swagger and confidence he had even pre draft. Think might actually help if can gain confidence and dominate vfl games.

(durham has already exceeded thr ceiling I had)

Good selections overall.

Seem a bit lacklustre as a club atm so hopefully the excitement of shiel and caddy (3rd game on a big stage) create the energy and positivity we need.

Any late changes/ redman no good I'd bring in roberts. Would have considered roberts Debut instead of kelly. A debut in front of 90,000, just need something to get out of current rut.

A win against pies will also do it. 👍. Probably most important game of the year so far for us.

Like most, I’m pretty happy with the selection. But the question moves to coach’s magnets:
Martin - with Kelly back is he still a back man?
Who plays wing opposite Dursma - should be Cox… ok, maybe Dursma, Martin and Cox rotations
Where does Hind play?
Who provides short forward support with Menzie out - Perkins? Does Gresham go closer to goal? Shiel?

Like most, I’m pretty happy with the selection. But the question moves to coach’s magnets:
Martin - with Kelly back is he still a back man?
Who plays wing opposite Dursma - should be Cox… ok, maybe Dursma, Martin and Cox rotations
Where does Hind play?
Who provides short forward support with Menzie out - Perkins? Does Gresham go closer to goal? Shiel?
Durrsma, kelly, Cox and jonesy have all played wing this year.

Martin play wing, forward, back. Maybe start wing swap with kelly/jones after bounce depending want if you him more back or fwd.

Hind playing bit more fwd but wherever needed between back and fwd. Likely more fwd.

Guelfi, hind, Gresham up fwd. We are also more mobile with caddy instead of a 2nd ruckman spending time there. Perkins and shiel also time down fwd. Menzies was spending more time back recently.

I'm interested in guelfis job this week as defensive fwd. Howe? Quaynor? Or more free this week. Wouldn't mind pushing up a bit to limit a crisp or josh daicos. The pies on ballers who seem to drop back a bit.

My guess with the magnets

Dursma moves to HB.
Perkins/Langford + Gresham as HF

Then Kelly/Jones/Cox are playing a thankless defensive wing role where the better users are kicking the ball over their heads straight from HB to HF.

That leaves Wright (FF/Ruck) Caddy (CHF) Stringer (3rd) Hind/Geulf (Pressure)

Pretty happy with the changes, I think Kelly has been the obvious replacement for Heppell for a long time. Still feels wrong seeing Heps being dropped. They did him the courtesy of a managed rather then omitted but if things work well might be hard to get back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph on the midweek tackle saying that both Maynard and Daicos are still in doubt. As has been repeated this week, Maynard more likely than Daicos.

If either players get a bleed to their corked calf/quad, they do take the chance of being out for a month.

Geez you've gotta ask yourself if you're Collingwood is it really worth the risk just to beat us?
Yep, considering they do have a tricky run home. Getting the win against us would be important for them but risking losing them for an extended period is a gamble.

Their run -

• Us
  • Cats
  • Hawks
  • Tigers
  • Carlton
  • Swans at the SCG
  • Lions
  • Melbourne

Yep, considering they do have a tricky run home. Getting the win against us would be important for them but risking losing them for an extended period is a gamble.

Their run -

• Us
  • Cats
  • Hawks
  • Tigers
  • Carlton
  • Swans at the SCG
  • Lions
  • Melbourne
That’s an ugly run- they would be dumb to gamble on long term injuries during that stretch

Average age of the team according to the selections:

Average games played of the team according to the selections:

Ah yes, good old 108.3 Edge FM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gresham deeper forward.
Shiel to the high half forward/midfield spot.
Jones and Duursma wings.
Cox to help out in defense with Kelly.
Perkins sub.

I don’t expect a lot of that to come true - but I like the team selection thus far, and would like to see guys used this way.

That serves a different purpose since more people have on the bench changes the game time per interchange math and that has a direct correlation to the average pressure rating a team can play at (and how watchable the game is)

Sub is good if anything should have 2
No sub, reduce the number of rotations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back