Trades Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright here's my dilemma. Bringing in a replacement for Kerridge at F5. I can go Hall or Deledio and have ~$80k left in the kitty for hopefully a downgrade/upgrade of Hams to bench Clay Smith at F6 next week, or I can go big and go Riewoldt with obviously a lot less cash left. I still worry about him getting injured or missing games but his run coming up is disgustingly good. Is the extra $50k on top of someone like Hall worth it for likely better scores but more risk?

GC games: dogs, freo, melb, gws, ess, coll, port
St K games: melb, dogs, north, carl, syd, rich, bris

Looks like the saints do get an easier run home but not by a lot IMO. Does the extra few points you get from riewoldt make up for the extra 60k u need to spend if that could go to upgrade someone else? Montagna another option?

I don't know about Sloane as I fell for the trap in Michael Walters, Gary Ablett and Trent Cotchin by bringing them in when they are avg 120+ in previous three weeks but Sloane could be different

Walters cant really be said in the same breath to be honest.

Sloane goes big or he spuds up. I reckon if you want consistency then you should go for someone else, if you want to take a risk on a player that could be amazing but at worst will still average 100+ I would go Sloane.

Please stop with all this talk of montagna. I brought him in like 6 weeks ago and nothing but average scores. Riewoldt is a gun so if u have the cash he is a no brainer. Although if ablett is out for a while hall should get plenty of midfield time and with that very good scores. If i was u get riwoldt in first and when u can get hall too.

How i regret going ablett instead of sloane. I changed my mind last 5 mins before trade closed from sloane to ablett after seeing him score 120+ a few times in a row and all the hype around him. Since then sloane has outscored him by like 200 points in about 5 rounds. Never listening to the hype again and going with my gut feeling from now on. The only person i would take over sloane now is danger.

How i regret going ablett instead of sloane. I changed my mind last 5 mins before trade closed from sloane to ablett after seeing him score 120+ a few times in a row and all the hype around him. Since then sloane has outscored him by like 200 points in about 5 rounds. Never listening to the hype again and going with my gut feeling from now on. The only person i would take over sloane now is danger.
i chose cotchin over sloane and my biggest regret is ablett over dangerfield :(

GC games: dogs, freo, melb, gws, ess, coll, port
St K games: melb, dogs, north, carl, syd, rich, bris

Looks like the saints do get an easier run home but not by a lot IMO. Does the extra few points you get from riewoldt make up for the extra 60k u need to spend if that could go to upgrade someone else? Montagna another option?
Already got Tags. I've got Zorko, Dusty, Gray, Montagna, Kerridge and Clay Smith (last field rookie) in my forwards. My gut is to stick with Hall so I think I'll stay with him, the extra cash is very handy too. Should hopefully keep running through the midfield with clouds over Ablett/Prestia and Rischitelli out.

Please stop with all this talk of montagna. I brought him in like 6 weeks ago and nothing but average scores. Riewoldt is a gun so if u have the cash he is a no brainer. Although if ablett is out for a while hall should get plenty of midfield time and with that very good scores. If i was u get riwoldt in first and when u can get hall too.
I like Roo but I only have two spots left in my forwards and I need Merrett to complete that in a week or two. I think I'll go Hall just because he's cheaper and can produce similar scores with less of a rest/injury risk.

I like Roo but I only have two spots left in my forwards and I need Merrett to complete that in a week or two. I think I'll go Hall just because he's cheaper and can produce similar scores with less of a rest/injury risk.

I would take Hall over Roo personally. THe extra cash down the line will most likely help you out.
\

How r u ranked soo high without merret. I assumed everyone has him but if u dont he is definately a must. Lol that must be your biggest regret cause with him u r probably like top10

Walters cant really be said in the same breath to be honest.

Sloane goes big or he spuds up. I reckon if you want consistency then you should go for someone else, if you want to take a risk on a player that could be amazing but at worst will still average 100+ I would go Sloane.

Jack Steven a good option to replace Ablett for those who don't have him I reckon

How r u ranked soo high without merret. I assumed everyone has him but if u dont he is definately a must. Lol that must be your biggest regret cause with him u r probably like top10
Never really had the chance to pick him up, and he's been pretty expensive so I've usually gone the cheaper option to better the team overall. I had a choice between him and Zorko a few months ago and I went with Zorko - hindsight says I should have picked him instead of Zorko but really they are both must haves so either way it was a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright this is my make or break move of the season:

TRADESSSS.JPG

I had to go a little early on Hams, but the way I see it, I no longer really need much cash gen, and I'm now just going for points, so it's worth it. Team now looks like this:

hello fantasy.JPG

Team is essentially done now, just a few luxury upgrades to do now. I hope to turn Gibson into Hodge, Duncan and Wines into Danger and Neale, and Gunston into Riewoldt over the next few weeks before finals start.
The JK trade is because a) he's good value at the moment, dropping to his lowest price of the season b) has returned to form with a great game against north, c) has an easy month coming up, playing Carlton, Melbourne, the Pies and Freo. He tends not to score well unless he kicks bags, so I really need him to fire now, and d) He's a huge POD, only 1 other top 50 team has him. I could have gone to suckling but he seems to be the flavour of the month, and I really need something different. It's probably too late for me to catch the leader now, I'm a fair way behind, but if I don't try something I'll regret it.

Sigh Kerridge survives the week.

Ablett > Hall and Currie > Markov via Naismith.

Plan is to swing hall into the forward line next week and trade Kerridge for someone in the midfield.

Still no rookies in my team but Zac Williams, Deledio, Kerridge and Suckling make me nervous.

Do we think C Smith can average 85+ over the next month? With 14 tackles in his first 2 games I reckon he's a good shot. Has looked the goods.

Contemplating taking a big risk and having him at F6. The $ will do wonders for the rest of my team /completing it in a shorter time frame, but will only be a winner if he puts up good numbers.

Do we think C Smith can average 85+ over the next month? With 14 tackles in his first 2 games I reckon he's a good shot. Has looked the goods.

Contemplating taking a big risk and having him at F6. The $ will do wonders for the rest of my team /completing it in a shorter time frame, but will only be a winner if he puts up good numbers.

Cant see him to be honest putting up good enough numbers.

The only non premo i can see at the moment first 22 capable is Mills on form plus the premo`s like Bartel/Heater spudding it up.

Where as the forwards this year are generally playing to their average/topping 100.

Cant see him to be honest putting up good enough numbers.

The only non premo i can see at the moment first 22 capable is Mills on form plus the premo`s like Bartel/Heater spudding it up.

Where as the forwards this year are generally playing to their average/topping 100.

Fair enough. 85 is probably a stretch but I liked what I've seen from him so far. With 5-6 tackles a game he would only need approx 15-20 possessions for it to be worthwhile. I could be wrong but I think he's capable of that.

Alright this is my make or break move of the season:

View attachment 265222

I had to go a little early on Hams, but the way I see it, I no longer really need much cash gen, and I'm now just going for points, so it's worth it. Team now looks like this:

View attachment 265223

Team is essentially done now, just a few luxury upgrades to do now. I hope to turn Gibson into Hodge, Duncan and Wines into Danger and Neale, and Gunston into Riewoldt over the next few weeks before finals start.
The JK trade is because a) he's good value at the moment, dropping to his lowest price of the season b) has returned to form with a great game against north, c) has an easy month coming up, playing Carlton, Melbourne, the Pies and Freo. He tends not to score well unless he kicks bags, so I really need him to fire now, and d) He's a huge POD, only 1 other top 50 team has him. I could have gone to suckling but he seems to be the flavour of the month, and I really need something different. It's probably too late for me to catch the leader now, I'm a fair way behind, but if I don't try something I'll regret it.
the JK trade is good for sole purpose of POD as in the home stretch the difference is going to be into getting players that very few will have as they will start to all look very similar and in your side i would also consider keeping wines for POD as he can ton up and score big for that is the same reason i will keep macrae due to 1% ownership from start to end

Hmm....

Going with:

Ablett -> Sidebum (because I like watching Sidebum play based on no other good reasons, have coin to grab Pendles etc. instead)
Kerridge -> Zerret (because of that other thread)

Kade Kolodjashnijjjjssjawful survives another week............... :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back